learn more

Idle No More Courtenay BC

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Hope you have a very large hard drive and lots of time on your hand my freind.
Intrepid posted a link earlier, begin there.
Have fun!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Cynic you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.....
canadian natives got the infected blanket treatment as well as residentialschools that were so inhumane that half the students died.....
The natives have been constantly short changed by the Canadian goverment and the whites.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Cynic you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.....
canadian natives got the infected blanket treatment as well as residentialschools that were so inhumane that half the students died.....
The natives have been constantly short changed by the Canadian goverment and the whites.

Puhlease. This is not ablout infected blankets, it's about a select few in FN goverment preserving their status quo. Look at the Atiwapiskat file for one example, there are others.
It's you that have no clue, perhaps you should consider getting one.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Hey, we know First Nations need to be held accountable for the money that disappears, but this Bill does way more harm then that. But don't worry, once the government is done with the weak, they'll move on to the poor and middle class. It's happening already.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This bill yes does leave parts of our water ways open for exploration and lessens the time for approval for projects to go through, it doesn't how ever give free reign people need to read it like I did. Yes there are things I do not agree with, but there is still an enviromental process that will be followed it will just put more onus on the provinces.

This whole charade by those who contribute nothing is as I said before financial accountability, the FN's are pissed cause the people of Canada, the Canadian tax payer wants transparency in how our money is spent the new bill opens first nations to a multitude of audits to provide proof the money allocated is going where it was intended. And with the release of todays audit and judging by posts on social media it has done just as I said it would in my previous post on this thread opened the eyes of the formally blind tax payer to the mismanagment by the chiefs of the FN's. We the tax payer now have a light into the waste and lack of ability to manage money amongst them.

Audit

Chief Spence is a thief and a fraud the only reason for her people suffering is her, "she" took the money, "she" misplaced the accounting, "she" is the reason her people go without and any idiot who supports this movement better read the bill and get with the times, and have a much better answer than when ask'd by the news why they are there, and just say "Cause we are Idle no more" baffoons in my opinion with no clue but told to stand drum and chant.

I, We, and the rest of the tax payers are fed up, we want accountability, we want to see the money spent doing something. And if the bands can't do that then no more money by way of blank cheque. Install third party accountants send no cash only workers and supplies they want houses, people are going to come and build them, they want clean water, the materials and people are coming to build them, no more cash, no more handling it on there own, proven long ago incapable. Every yr audit every single band, create accountability if they can not establish it themselves. Far to long the welfare state that is first nations has run amuk with what it has been given. Time for change to happen even if we the tax payer and government have to create it our selves.....

#HeldHostageNoMore

SaneThinking

I hope this audit opens the eyes of first nations as well, your own plunder from you, and then turn you loose on the tax payer, when all the while its your own screwing you, thats gotta make ya feel real peachy don't it???

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SaneThinking

Yes there are corrupt people in every establishment, the fact that's its First Nations only drives your irk more. I'm First Nations and I didn't realize that I don't pay taxes, hmmm, mind telling that to my employer. If its tax payer money your upset about try this:

Link
Link

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

Your links show we live in a capitalist society, this we already know, just like we already know that without these so called breaks for business or developtment in the modernized world we would not have companies invest in our country. There would be less jobs heck companies have already pulled out the last time we raised taxes on big business hate it as you may these companies give back to society and Natives on the public tit do not. Long time has past for the appeasement to end.

And no any person who lacks the accountability and the will to wake up in the morning a be a useful part of society pisses me off the welfare bums here in BC many white people piss me off I used to work in construction and saw many able bodied waste collecting my hard earned for nothing. But put it in perspective with 34+ million people we are going to have white people collecting as well. But no where near the disproportionant amount of Natives that are on, will remain on, and always be on the public tit paid for by the tax payer.

Argue about governement waste all you want we elected these people to do "Jobs" some don't do them so well and we unelect these pathetic wastes, with the first Nations we don't have the option to unelect them so they can no longer waste money its a forever thing and part of there nature it seems cause hundreds of billions of dollars given and wasted yet no change.

So in closing, I say good for you for escaping the stigma that follows natives, good on you for becoming a productive tax paying member of society. And as with all things in life most change comes internally, so why don't you being so successful at fleeing what is a desperate situation instill that same will in your people to move forward outta the dark ages and follow the trail you have blazed to prosperity. Instill in your people the urge to go out get work move away from a situation that can only continue as long as they remain on reserves with no chance of success since the chiefs rob there people blind and only look after those closest to them. It could start with you, but nothings going to change until the people do, and throwing no amount of money at this problem will fix it, we are all to familiar with that avenue of failure so far

#HeldHostageNoMore

SaneThinking

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Ok so your mad at welfare bums, who isn't? Change the welfare programs, I don't see how that should affect the treaties of First Nations, but please enlighten me. Why has the idle no more protest crossed borders if its just about auditing and making First Nations accountable? There's more to it. But obviously it doesn't matter to you,it's just a cowboys vs Indians theme. We all know how that ends.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Try and spin it anyway you can bud I have read the bill so could you, its on the internet for discussion and viewing. I did so and so should anyone who wants to be educated on the subject I don't have time to go back and forth with you until you inform your self on all the issues.

IdleNoMore has no leg to stand on it was started bye a thief to hide her misgivings and now you have a bunch of bandwagoners who would bang a drum to be heard for no reason at all. Just look at the people they are talking to on tv why you here "cause we're Idle no more" what does that mean "we are idle no more" trust me if they had anything valuable to say maybe "Canadians" would care but alas "they are just Idle no more" which in turn should mean maybe moving forward but I digress cause that would be one hell of a pipe dream.

SaneThinking

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'm not spinning nothing, I'm all for accountability on every level of goverment, First Nations or not, if someone's
defrauding tax payers they should face the music. Your letting your hate get the better of you. You ranted about welfare bums, I'm still trying to figure out how a provincial and federal program should affect the treaties. Please enlighten me, or is it just because their Indians?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You asked me if was was specifically against the welfare state we have created by handing FN's money since the inception of time, and I stated no I don't specifically target FN's and that I have just as much angst for those welfare bums who don't contribute anything,I am equally displeased by what I consider both absolute wastes of money and time spent on those unwilling to move forward, I am not a racist I am a realist and the time for appeasement needs to end, the coddling needs to end, the hand outs need to end, all people who want from the governement should support it. Far too long as I have said have we the tax payer I guess yourself included continued to funnel money into a never ending pit, that we get no return on our investment from. That pit is the FN's, money goes in, infrastructure never comes out, money goes in, houses never come out, money goes in, schools don't get built. How long should it continue till we become fed up enough and cut it off I ask you?

Thats why you conitnue to focus on that comment I made hope that clears things up for you.

#HeldHostageNoMore

SaneThinking

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Thanks for taking your time to write that, I really do appreciate it ,as the same with your other posts. You did clarify your stance on the issue and I respect that. Have you read the bill, all 450 pages? Do you understand it? I'm all for accountability from our leaders, but there's got to be an easier way to hold them accountable then a 450 page bill, that's go way off course and is obviously part of agenda by the Harper goverment. I'm no lawyer, just a lowly carpenter, so I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I have been reading the bill at work some days I just have nothing to do others swamped, I have read the most contentious parts of it, the parts related to water access rights and mineral access rights that are causing the hoopla, as well as the parts of the bill in relation to FN's funding and transparancy within them. The bill has many parts that are just rehashing and rewording to surely confuse all who try to read it. And I am no lawyer either, formally a Carpenter myself, now an engineer, so I don't pretend to understand all the language that is in this bill far from it. But what I have grasped is that the governement is not eliminating water access rights and making it open season but taking the federal oversight and review away and as I said earlier placing the burden on the provinces. Now many say by doing this, the already strapped provinces are going to forgo alot of study for new projects and essentially push them through. Forever though we have been burdened from moving forward by red tape and legislation, so by eliminating some oversights the idea is to drive forward growth through having projects come to fruition.

The part about finances has wording as such that FN's would have to disclose transactions and account for where the infrastructure money goes and how the selection process and procurement process took place in awarding contracts. It would also have them open there books for further review in the case of blaring dicrepencies. Thats where I feel the hoopla is coming from cause effectivally it say you can't manage yourselves so were going to take a look, which hits a sour note on FN's soveignty.

I may come across callous and hating but I am really not I have plenty of FN's friend being from BC after all with a large FN's population within this province, I as well used to live just down Westside road in Kelowna/Vernon and was aquanted with many members of the OK 1 reserve just up the street went shooting and off-roading with many. And yes I can personally say I have met many good ones who would destroy the stigma associated with FN's, just there work ethic alone was amazing, and the will they brought forth powerfully. But at the same time I saw the bad as well. Working on the aforemention reserve is how I met most I know, while I was on a gov. of Can. contract to build six homes there. We had to have FN's help with the project they never showed, our lumber if we were not there early was stolen, what we put up was taken down each night. It was mind numbing, chief wouldn't help. We got out of the contract after getting just one house done in 1 and a half months. You as a carpenter know that is not efficient nor cost effective.

So truth be told I have seen both sides many times, and can't hate a people do to some who are willing to create an image that doesn't quite fit the mould, yet at the same time it can be said that, that mould will never be broken, cause there are those that do with much enjoyment not want to have there way of life change, and would like to have the stigma remain.

I for one applaud anyone who under such conditions can make a life for themselves I have seen good reserves I have seen bad reserves I have travelled to remote places to work where yes conditions are appaling. But each time there was hope, hope in the shadows children and teens keen on figuring out what your doing inquizative and eager.

I'm sorry if it seems I don't care I just want as I said accountability, I want to see money not just thrown at a problem, I wanna see actual progress. If it means theres no more money only supplies and gov. contract workers who are mandated to build such Infrastructure then so be it but it needs to be done. And not just have a blank cheque sent that doesn't go towards, homes or clean water, or schools. Something needs to change I don't have all the answers, but I know having two sets of rules that provide for one while taking from another will always be a thorn in the side of FN's relations. And until theres a workable solution that could make us all view eachother equal we are gonna keep chasing our tails running in circles.

Hopefully I have clarified my stance, I believe everyone should have a chance to succeed but it should not be a the berift of one and other, If I have to work for everything I have, then so should anyone else not born to royalty or riches, of which I am neither, and most aren't as well. Fair should be fair and the color of our skin should never be the divider between the laws of the land they should apply to everyone

Take care Putyournamehere I mean no ill will just hardheaded and opinionated sometimes, and it doesn't always do me good but makes for conversation...

SaneThinking
edit on 7-1-2013 by SaneThinking because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere

Ok so your mad at welfare bums, who isn't? Change the welfare programs, I don't see how that should affect the treaties of First Nations, but please enlighten me. Why has the idle no more protest crossed borders if its just about auditing and making First Nations accountable? There's more to it. But obviously it doesn't matter to you,it's just a cowboys vs Indians theme. We all know how that ends.

Why should the welfare "schemes" change? Why should EI or CPP change?
We can only spend the money once, and a ton of it get shoveled into the bottomless pit that FN have dug for themselves. In short, the gravy train must end for the reserves, then we can afford to change other programs to make everyone more equal.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

Oh, you mean the reserves that First Nations were forced to live on. Ok. Thx

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
reply to post by Cynic

Oh, you mean the reserves that First Nations were forced to live on. Ok. Thx

Certainly, but they are free to leave them at any time.
But that would entail finding a job, paying taxesnand actually earning their way.
Instead of a select few who would rather preserve the inequitable status quo.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Wow! Thank you sir. That was some insight, I applaud your sincerity, and I feel it's true.I can only speak for myself though. A lot of points you touched on are spot on in my mind and I can't argue, for I feel the same way too.

Everyone should be equal, but also earn their keep.

Enough said

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
edit on 7-1-2013 by Putyournamehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
ever watch the movie "the new world"?

good stuff, like how people were in hamrony with the earth and each other untill europeans came over and took over...

frustrating, Humanity could have been so different here...

i pray we get back to nature and love.

posted on Jan, 18 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
good time to be here on this world, enjoy as we change/evolve

thank you all so much

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join