It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Recent Stories of Self Defense With Firearms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

LOL sorry Im not used to people in gun threads being civil towards me

i did make a thread on it......... hang on did you know that and were being sarcastic?

I would love to read it, myself. I'm always willing to read or listen to cogent, well thought out argument for or against pretty much anything.

I'm an arguer. In case you couldn't tell.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Why do people like you lie so much?
There isn't a true thing about what you are claiming.

Are you ignorant or are you just trying to undermine American rights?
The TV told you guns are bad so now you are an expert and can decide for everyone else?

I really wish the TV told you to jump of a bridge, THAT would make my day...

Violent Offenders love people like you, in many states (all the ones with the harsh victim disarmament laws) you have helped create a huge reserve of unarmed victims, its why violent crime is higher in areas in Chi-congo and L.A

Every rape, murder and felonious assault victim in your "gun free" zones should be brought to your face so you could tell them why it was better this way.

Start with this one if you are man enough...

My only sincerest wish that by some strange of circumstances that it is that people like YOU become the victims, not not the people who wish to have defense and cant, However we know that most anti gunners are hypocrites who own guns and just want everyone else disarmed (I wonder why?)

Before you say that I am cruel for wishing harm on another, understand that I don't but rather what I propose is that the people who have disarmed Americans deal with the violent offenders on their own and without guns.

Start putting your money where your mouth is, instead of bothering law abiding Citizens perhaps you cowards should go after the criminals first?

No, you are all way too cowardly for that, you go after easy targets, those who follow the laws. You are just like your brothers, the violent offenders.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Leave law abiding citizens the hell alone and put your efforts into the criminals!!!
I guess the saying innocent until proven guilty goes right over your head aye?

Sigh

The reason so many crims in the US have guns is because they are so easily available to law abiding citizens!!!!

As another gun advocate point out most gun in the hands of crims came via theft from legal home owners or theft from or on the way too places they are sold legally!!!

As long as you all demand your "rights" to own guns easily expect mass shootings and tragic deaths

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The reason so many crims in the US have guns is because they are so easily available to law abiding citizens!!!!

As another gun advocate point out most gun in the hands of crims came via theft from legal home owners or theft from or on the way too places they are sold legally!!!

As long as you all demand your "rights" to own guns easily expect mass shootings and tragic deaths

Deflect much? No answer as to why the criminal US government can get away with selling automatic weapons to drug cartels in Mexico, which have killed thousands of people???? Hmmm, interesting indeed! Points to the mentality of a facist or simply someone with an agenda who come hell or high water will go to there death playing the role of a "useful idiot" for those who control us.......

BTW, it is those in the government who coined the term "useful idiot" in describing how their propaganda works very well when using it against the populace.....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Back on subject, at least partially...

I prefer Video proof of guns working for self defense, here's a few from last year.

911 Caller Without Gun in Home Invasion

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.saf.org...

[QUOTE]
A. THE NATIONAL CRIME VICTIMIZATION SURVEY (NCVS)

However consistent the evidence may be concerning the effectiveness of armed victim resistance, there are some who minimize its significance by insisting that it is rare. [15] This assertion is invariably based entirely on a single source of information, the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS).

Data from the NCVS imply that each year there are only about 68,000 defensive uses of guns in connection with assaults and robberies, [16] or about 80,000 to 82,000 if one adds in uses linked with household burglaries. [17] These figures are less than one ninth of the estimates implied by the results of at least thirteen other surveys, summarized in Table 1, most of which have been previously reported. [18] The NCVS estimates imply that about 0.09 of 1% of U.S. households experience a defensive gun use (DGU) in any one year, compared to the Mauser survey's estimate of 3.79% of households over a five year period, or about 0.76% in any one year, assuming an even distribution over the five year period, and no repeat uses. [19]
[END QUOTE]

•The National Self Defense Survey, as conducted by Florida State University criminologists in 1994, indicates that Americans use guns in self defense 2,500,000 times per year, which is once every 13 seconds.
www.learnaboutguns.com...
ACCORDING TO SOME STUDIES OR ARTICLES•Gun ownership protects 65 lives for every 2 lives lost. Even the anti's have to admit the low side of the statistics.

Forget studies or what someone else says. Those who have had to use a gun to defend their life and property will not be dissuaded from their belief the weapon made the difference in their survival. Conversely there is a propensity for those who have watched an MMA match to think they can tell you everything there is to know about self defense; until they are forced into the ring...... Then they cry for their Momma.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Leave law abiding citizens the hell alone and put your efforts into the criminals!!!
I guess the saying innocent until proven guilty goes right over your head aye?

Sigh

So if I understand you correctly, you are blaming the law abiding gun owners instead of the criminal for the criminals behavior. There are more murders committed by hammers and knives than by guns. Should we ban those items as well? People with murderous intent will always find a way to act. Banning guns will only leave the law abiding more vulnerable and make criminals more embolden to act.
edit on 6-1-2013 by shadwgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

WTF does criminals in Mexico have to do with people getting shot in the US???

If anyones deflecting its you.

keep your guns, give em a cuddle for me

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

your outdated gun laws have allowed any nut job

Words mean stuff, and most people say or write things in a specific way, whether consciously or unconsciously, to make a point that relates to them and their personal life. Your wording indicates that you are neither a U.S. citizen, nor do you reside here. In which case you have no dog in this hunt, and are just spewing opinion on a topic that you have no clue about.

/TOA

I dont need to live in the US to know a ridiculous amount of people needlessly die from gun violence there.

As an American citizen maybe you shouldnt talk about people putting their noses in to stuff that doesnt belong to them till your army and gov starts doing the same

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

So if I understand you correctly, you are blaming the law abiding gun owners instead of the criminal for the criminals behavior. There are more murders committed by hammers and knives than by guns. Should we ban those items as well? People with murderous intent will always find a way to act. Banning guns will only leave the law abiding more vulnerable and make criminals more embolden to act.

Sigh

Yeah Im saying we should ban hammers and knives and Doctors and anti biotics and etc etc etc
These things serve a purpose other than to kill, guns dont.

Yes I am blaming selfish US citizens whos insistence on guns being readily available for everyone means crims and psychos having access to them as well.

When was the last time you heard of someone killing 20 people with a hammer or a knife in a mall or school?
Please bring up the China thing, 20 injured with a knife Vs 26 dead with a gun on the same day.

If that guy could have got a gun it would most likely have been 20+ dead as well

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It has to do with the fact that our government gave guns to drug dealers in Mexico and these guns are being used to kill people in this country. This is the same government who wants to take guns from law abiding citizens.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It has to do with the fact that our government gave guns to drug dealers in Mexico and these guns are being used to kill people in this country. This is the same government who wants to take guns from law abiding citizens.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I will be more than happy to bring up that horrible day in China as well as others. There have been multiple instances where psychos have attacked school children with knives or axes and in many cases the children died. This happens in countries where guns are banned. Like I stated previously, if someone wants to commit murder, they will find a way.

Also, guns provide food for many families and are supposed to protect us both from criminals and tyranny.
edit on 6-1-2013 by shadwgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Really? I guess your facist idea of punishing law abiding citizens overides your common sense to realize that the government of the US who is orchestrating getting rid of guns, has no problems selling them to drug dealers in Mexico????

Are you for real? Or has your agenda blinded you to the facts that show the atrocities against humans by the US government????

If I recall, before, this gun grab issue became the main focus of the world, it appeared to me that a lot of folks across the world bashed the US government for it's war mongering attitude and the innocent people in other countries that were being killed!!! So, with that being said, why is it so important to those of you who may have complained about the Imperialist Army of the US before, are now supporting the exact same government who is trying to disarm it's citizens????

Now I know my question may confuse you somewhat, because obviously I can look at things and see a much bigger picture than you, but take a deep breath and clear your mind of all your preconceived thoughts and think about it!!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

your outdated gun laws have allowed any nut job

Words mean stuff, and most people say or write things in a specific way, whether consciously or unconsciously, to make a point that relates to them and their personal life. Your wording indicates that you are neither a U.S. citizen, nor do you reside here. In which case you have no dog in this hunt, and are just spewing opinion on a topic that you have no clue about.

/TOA

I dont need to live in the US to know a ridiculous amount of people needlessly die from gun violence there.

As an American citizen maybe you shouldnt talk about people putting their noses in to stuff that doesnt belong to them till your army and gov starts doing the same

Maybe you should familiarize yourself with a person's post history before you assume they support a government's position.

/TOA

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Iknowstuff is a thread derailer just look at the accounts history.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Hey what can we say about this, why not go the Mexican route (if you thought banning knives was bad wait to you see this bad boy). And just ban toy guns while your at, because we all know that small parts are dangerous for children, with the dumbing down of everyone the adults might choke as well....... I can see it now the reality of The Christmas Story happening, "You'll shoot your eye out!" or Nerf sent kid to the hospital with an eye infection. What's next banning children making a gun sign with their hands, with the whole attacking people with their fists and such that may not be too far off.... I personally agree with OP their should be more coverage on such stuff that is pro guns, their's quite alot of other stuff as well you can do with guns then just use as protection. (I still can't believe what I read wow....)

abcnews.go.com...

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lycan212

washingtonexaminer.com...

A little boy was suspended for making a gun with his FINGERS and saying POW. This is just getting ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join