Sorry but this is a piss poor justification for guns
1) this was posted as a thread recently, I love the wording of the "Article" though. It twists the words so that it seems like he was looking for
the family. According to the original article this isnt the case.
He knocked on the door and the womans first reaction was to hide in the attic!!!!!!
She saw a black guy on her lawn and went and hid, if she had of simply screamed through the door "go away I have a gun and will use it" or even
better "whos there? what do you want?" this guy wouldnt have been shot and her kids wouldnt have been traumatised.
The article listed is clearly twisting the facts.
Ill point out here that once it got to the stage where she shot him I dont think she did anything wrong but if she wasnt so fearful it wouldnt have
got to that stage
2) The occupants wrestled the gun away from the intruders, doesnt say anything about them having or using guns
3) So a neighbour killed a guy and then shot another one who was breaking into AN EMPTY HOUSE!!!!!
Thank god he had a gun, they may have graffittied the walls or even # on the carpet
4) So this guy who shot back put his and others people lives at risk over the money in a cash register, what an idiot. I s few hundred or even
thousand that was most likely insured worth potentially dying for?
5) The guys were stealing a TV from the backyard and were shot at while fleeing, no ones life was in danger but the idiot doing the shooting
endangered people by missing the robbers. The headline could very easily have read "man kills neighbour with stray bullet while firing at fleeing
6) OMFG!!!! the article headline "man shoots daughters attempted rapist"
That is hyperbole BS at its finest, he wasnt even in the house when he was shot dead.
Did anyone call the cops when he tried breaking into these other 4 houses?
I dont believe for a second he reached into his waistband, its obvious the guy said this to justify his actions so he wouldnt get in trouble.
7) I hate to say this as I love animals but the guy could have called the cops, or even attcked him with a bat or pole. A gun wasnt necessary
8) I wonder how this went down, the article doesnt say much but screaming whos there is normally enough to scare a potential robber away. It seems
most gun owners hear a noise, grab their gun and creep to where the disturbance is expecting to shoot someone/
9) The story reeks, sounds to me like he knew the attackers or at least one of them. If it doesnt come out later that this guy is some sort of crim
Ill bare my bum on Bourke st.
10) why confront someone? what if there were 3 of them with guns not 1 with a lamp?
Are possesions really worth endangering your life over. Again screaming "whos there Ive got a gun" is more than enough to scare off someone who isnt
right in your face.
11) Well, this is actually a good example of how guns get into the hands of crims. WTF was he doing with 11+ guns in the first place? The gun didnt
stop or prevent anything
12) Sorry but I dont believe a robber continued to climb in a window with a guy standing there pointing a gun at him. Onve again "Ive called the
police and have a gun" would have been enough to scare off this 22 year old and most likely make him think twice about doing it again.
Sorry but most of these stories come across as over zealous and fearful gun owners shooting their weapons unnecessarily
If you want to make this Thread more balanced and not a weak propaganda piece why dont you include the stories of innocent people who died via gun
violence over the same period?
Here Ill start
10 year old girl killed by falling bullet on