Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Assad historical speech (06/01/2013) The TRUTH speaks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
So there are hundreds of thousands of foreign agents in Syria? The part of the population whom is not a part of the ruling religious group is not dissatisfied ?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
why on earth does this thread have "The TRUTH speaks" TRUTH, what, so truthful that it needs capital letters? and I read the post - I still can't see why you need a thread that has "TRUTH" in the title! what are you doing? shouting TRUTH? proving you can spell it in capitals?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Both sides are evil and they both hate Israel.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

How about you provide sources for this bull you are spewing. It seems none of your kind really deliver evidence. You are talking out of your ass. In 2001 you'd be the guy saying this same # about Sadam. You are a cancer.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The TRUTH speaks you say? Its all politics, been 1000s of years since there were much truth to politicians. Everybody tailors it to suit their agenda and views. Crazy this thread got so many stars and flags and so much love for Assad. He is not as good a man as you think. Do some research about the country and their leader before the uprising even started.

Im not disputing that there are terror networks in Syria fighting now since that is a stone cold fact. The internet is filled with their videos. But the initial uprising were not by terrorists.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The Free Syrian Army may be funded by the US government but they're only doing so to look good. The FSA is supported by all muslims, They are our brothers and their women are our sisters. We will support them however possible, No ruler shall ever oppress his own people and if he does he will sure pay his debt, both in this world and the next.

If you're saying that the reason FSA is bad because it's funded by foreign countries then I would say I support them for the same reason. They're supported by me and every other muslim and we are foreigners. Islam will rule the world againt and the FSA will be a part of that, InshaAllah.

Argue as much as you want, You'll never make anyone believe that Assad is the good guy. When he's going to face death, he'll know what's good or bad, But it'll be to late. If I were him, I'd repent and hide in a hole made for rats. The 60.000 he's killed will get their revenge, The great punishment will be after his death.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have a question, a few weeks ago when ATS was awash with gun control threads one of the big arguments against gun control was to keep a tyrannical government at bay when it turned against the people.

By tyranny in general this was understood that would be (if) when the government turns against it citizens.

Assad is doing just that and has been for years if you look at his past he is a tyrannical dictator.

Why is it then that it’s ok for the American people to say “we’re keeping our guns to fight against tyranny” yet when the Syrian people they are in the wrong and Assad is the victim of a global conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

I think the onus is on you to prove that the President Assad is not a brutal dictator. I stand by my statement, which is amply supported by documented fact covering the disgraceful human rights record of the Syrian regime going back several decades. You do the work and perhaps come up with evidence to challenge what I said.

Oh, if I was speaking out of my "ass", then I would be using a donkey-shaped animal to do the talking. I think you meant "arse".

Regards

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Assad will end up like the other ME Dictators. Covered in feces and hiding in some rat infested hole.
-The other Snackbars are pretty much bonkers as well.. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky not to be there.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

Finally people are starting to wake up! Many members here have tought that they are smart and know what is going on, while calling for invasion on Syria. Now they have no where to hide. Times up pussies get out and admit that you were wrong.

And one more thing for those calling Terorists in Syria "rebels". Don't you dare call them rebels, since they are nothing but rebels. They are financed by foreign powers, many of them are imported (by these same powers) from abroad and are used as a tools for the interest of these same powers (US, SA, Quatar, France, UK). They are a new kind of low life scum. Behold: the Terrorist mercanaries.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
The Free Syrian Army may be funded by the US government but they're only doing so to look good. The FSA is supported by all muslims, They are our brothers and their women are our sisters. We will support them however possible, No ruler shall ever oppress his own people and if he does he will sure pay his debt, both in this world and the next.

If you're saying that the reason FSA is bad because it's funded by foreign countries then I would say I support them for the same reason. They're supported by me and every other muslim and we are foreigners. Islam will rule the world againt and the FSA will be a part of that, InshaAllah.

Argue as much as you want, You'll never make anyone believe that Assad is the good guy. When he's going to face death, he'll know what's good or bad, But it'll be to late. If I were him, I'd repent and hide in a hole made for rats. The 60.000 he's killed will get their revenge, The great punishment will be after his death.

Wow ignorance is high in this one! my BS meter just exploded. You, supporter of low life terrorist mercanraie civilian butchering organisation are a proud member of ignorant idiots of the world. Enjoy your title while you await next massacre of civilians such as the one in video below created by the same foreign powers you love so much.
Enjoy:
edit on 7/1/2013 by Fichorka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
All governments are responsible for atrocities. Are any of them necessary? In the grand scheme, not particularly. In the present it is always justified.

War is the enemy of humankind, Assad has called for discussions and a movement towards a referendum (aka letting people decide what they want). There is no reason to continue war, and the only ones suggesting the war should continue are the same ones unwilling to negotiate Assad's surrender. The 60 000 casualties are of war.

There is no justification, because both sides are equally full of #. It seems at least Assad is trying (I think the Russians may have A LOT to do with this speech). It is obvious that Assad is capitalizing on a lot of anti-america sentiments floating around. I think people are wising up to the american war machines game. They're ultimately the real terrorists; wherever they go they perpetuate war and death.

Peace is the only answer, and every one should be trying to bring peace; and that means negotiations. So why aren't the people funding the war willing to negotiate? Because they want Syria. Just like they wanted Iraq. It's all nonsense and every single politician is saying the same thing in the West: "We ain't talkin till there's unconditional surrender, even if another 60 000 die for nothing".

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am sorry for my offensive behavior. I am not used to hear ignorant stuf from ATS members.

Anyone SANE knows that these "rebels" in Syria are, i fact - Mercenarie terrorists created by USA, Turkey, SA, Qatar, Frnace, UK, ... This is a FACT and here are the sources:

• Obama authorized covert support for Syrian rebels, sources say

Washington (CNN) -- President Barack Obama has signed a covert directive authorizing U.S. support for Syrian rebels battling President Bashar al-Assad's forces, U.S. officials told CNN on Wednesday.

The secret order, referred to as an intelligence "finding," allows for clandestine support by the CIA and other agencies.

• C.I.A. Said to Aid in Steering Arms to Syrian Opposition

WASHINGTON — A small number of C.I.A. officers are operating secretly in southern Turkey, helping allies decide which Syrian opposition fighters across the border will receive arms to fight the Syrian government, according to American officials and Arab intelligence officers.

The weapons, including automatic rifles, rocket-propelled grenades, ammunition and some antitank weapons, are being funneled mostly across the Turkish border by way of a shadowy network of intermediaries including Syria’s Muslim Brotherhood and paid for by Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Qatar, the officials said.

• Syrian rebels say Turkey is arming and training them

Rebel sources in Hatay told me last night that not only is Turkey supplying light arms to select battalion commanders, it is also training Syrians in Istanbul. Men from the unit I was embedded with were vetted and called up by Turkish intelligence in the last few days and large consignments of AK-47s are being delivered by the Turkish military to the Syrian-Turkish border. No one knows where the guns came from originally, but no one much cares.

• Exclusive: Arab states arm rebels as UN talks of Syrian civil war

Syrian rebels are being armed by Saudi Arabia and Qatar, The Independent has learnt, in a development that threatens to inflame a regional power struggle provoked by the 15-month-old uprising against the Assad regime.
    However, three weeks ago, members of the loose assortment of rebel groups that comprises the FSA said they had received multiple shipments of arms including Kalashnikov assault rifles, BKC machine guns, rocket-propelled grenades and anti-tank weaponry from Gulf countries and that Turkey was assisting in the delivery of the weapons.

"The Turkish government helped us to be armed," said one member of the FSA living in the Turkey-Syria border area. He claimed that the weapons had arrived at a Turkish port via ship and were then driven to the border without interference from Turkish authorities.

• France Grants Its Recognition to Syria Rebels

PARIS — France announced Tuesday that it was recognizing the newly formed Syrian rebel coalition and would consider arming the group, seeking to inject momentum into a broad Western and Arab effort to build a viable and effective opposition that would hasten the end of a stalemated civil war that has destabilized the Middle East.

• UK joins France in supporting Syrian rebel coalition

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Listen Up!

Guys, let's remember to stay on-topic and civil when we reply to our fellow members. On AboveTopSecret.com Courtesy Is Mandatory. End of.

If you want to discuss this topic, discuss it. But the personal attacks and insults have no place here. If there's a T&C infraction somewhere however, just let us deal with it. Alert us to it here.

Thanks.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Fichorka

Everyone knows that Al-Qa’ida have a presence in Syria, nobody can deny that the real question is what is the wests relation with them

The issue is that due largely to people not understanding the complex nature of Al-Qa’ida is that they understandable assume that because the Free Syria Army gets support from the west that this means that the west is supporting Al-Qa’ida in Syria.

This is not true.

The role of Al-Qa’ida in Syria actually stems from a group known as the “Organisation of Jihads Base in Mesopotamia” or Al-Qa’ida in Iraq. Many of these insurgents have moved across the border into Syria because they see an opportunity to create a Islamic state inside Syria. To achieve this; the abolishment of the secular Assad regime falls within their goals and the fierce fighting in Syria presents a opportunity to achieve this.

Like the FSA then they shear a common objective but for different reasons, the FSA is a nationalist movement, Al-Qa’ida’s is an Islamismist movement. Al-Qa’ida in Syria is widely believed to actually be the Al-Nusra front which is strongly affiliated with Al-Qa’ida. Officially Al-Nusra is not part of the FSA and does not receive any funding form the west and has officially been denounced as a terrorist group by America, however there is evidence it is funded by Saudi-Aribia and Qutar.

In any case the FSA and Al-Nusra have the same goals but for different reasons and the west in particularly America is only to aware of this. What is also apparent is that the west has positioned itself in a political stance that effectively says that Assad must go and we (the west) must support this in other words they want Assad out. What is problematic however is who takes charge after Assad, it is the view of the west that he will fall and when he does there will be a power vacuum and the strongest fraction against Assad will fill this gap.

This leaves the west in a predicament; if the growth of Al-Nusra and other Islamism groups gains momentum and becomes the dominant fraction then they will fill this gap and take control of Syria and its WMDs. To prevent this the only thing the west can do is ensure that the nationalist FSA takes over, they are the best of a bad bunch and by backing them the west can influence them when (if) they take charge.

So when you see articles about any western state providing support to the FSA they are not meaning Al-Qa’ida.
edit on 7-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-1-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join