It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The traitors in IL will try again this afternoon to take the guns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Someone like you doesn't even understand the Constitution or Constitutional interpretation. But that's OK. I would like to thank your ilk for killing Conservatism faster than we could hav dreamed.

Nitwits and their popguns.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Originally posted by lolita64
Try to change it the lawful way
edit on 6-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

That's exactly the lawful way. To propose bills in the state House and Senate.

Do you know of another lawmaking body recognized by the State?

It is unlawful to alter the Bill of Rights (amendments 1 through 10).

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

reply to post by DaTroof

It's not lawful.

Read the second amendment again.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Meaning : Don't touch it! AT ALL.

Any ``gun control law`` is an infringment, therefore UNCONSTITUTIONAL therefore, NOT LAWFUL.

The only lawful way is to amend the constitution to remove the second amendment. Anything else is unlawful and unconstitutional.

And don't tell me... but but but... back in the founders day, people had CANNONS and armed ships, all legal and in private hands.

Clearly if you let one right be taken from you, others will follow, I don't understand why people don't see this!

I guess when we have to show papers as we cross state borders or are being stopped and questioned for no reason, or armed men come in our homes and search them periodically without cause...maybe then people will understand.

I only see one thing wrong with your statement.
IT IS ALREADY TOO LATE!
Read my OP here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnsrings

I find it humorous that there are many people that want the feds out of our lives, but when a state, county or city tries to make laws, certain people are up in arms about it.

You find it humorous? You do know that the 'fed' and the 'state' are two separate entities? They were meant to be that way. It is one thing to be a state law and an entirely, completely different, thing to be a Federal law.

Much of what 'we' are "up in arms" about are those very laws that should NOT ever be at the federal level...like healthcare, gay marriage, and abortion (just a few of the too many). Citizens are better able to control things at the state level, where we have a direct hand in and live around.

However, the federal level of government is far removed from our direct line of sight, which is the reason we elect (at the local level) representatives to oversee those bills/laws/issues for us.

What I find humorous is how few actually understand this.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I read somewhere that America has in excess of 1.4 million gang members. Will these law abiding gang members give up their guns? or is that 1.4 million reasons not to ban guns.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I love the people on these sites calling people paranoid because they want there rights to defend themselves against there own government. Governments in the 20th century killed over 200 million people by democide. And they are still doing it in other countries......still...still...still.....My government arms terrorists and people want me to trust them :-/

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by keenasbro
I read somewhere that America has in excess of 1.4 million gang members. Will these law abiding gang members give up their guns? or is that 1.4 million reasons not to ban guns.

Sure is, and those gang members will vote in support of gun control, legally or not.

edit on 8-1-2013 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

reply to post by DaTroof

It's not lawful.

Read the second amendment again.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Meaning : Don't touch it! AT ALL.

Any ``gun control law`` is an infringment, therefore UNCONSTITUTIONAL therefore, NOT LAWFUL.

The only lawful way is to amend the constitution to remove the second amendment. Anything else is unlawful and unconstitutional.

And don't tell me... but but but... back in the founders day, people had CANNONS and armed ships, all legal and in private hands.

Living documents are susceptible to change, and if the Legislative branch wants to change it, the Supreme Court has a say, as does the President/Governor. The Constitution was written for land-owning white men. That population no longer reflects the average American, and is a shrinking minority.

There is a means of changing or removing an amendment to the Constitution and this ain't it.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join