It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The traitors in IL will try again this afternoon to take the guns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

You know another bill they are working on is to really snag up the pensions of several groups as well...Im in that group...so im doubly pissed....they wanna take my guns and my pension...those are fighting words!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Looks like there may be hope after all, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Ya... the next bunch of traitors in IL will be sworn in wednesday and this time, the democrats will have a huge majority... so unless a lot of democrats in IL are against gun control, Illinois is done.

The next IL legislature :
71 D vs 47 R in the House.
40 D vs 19 R in the Senate.
An anti-gun democrat governor.

So... IMO this will end up at SCOTUS.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I guess that means more for us to buy in the Red States, and we need the inventory.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Its posts like these that make me glad i live in michigan. Theres way too many gun owners/lovers here to let some rediculous legislation like this ever see the light of day

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Living documents are susceptible to change, and if the Legislative branch wants to change it, the Supreme Court has a say, as does the President/Governor.

Yes, they can be changed, but per the US Constitution changing the Constitution requires an amendment, not a simple piece of legislation.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dothedew
Its posts like these that make me glad i live in michigan. Theres way too many gun owners/lovers here to let some rediculous legislation like this ever see the light of day

In Illinois, it doesn't matter what we want, they just pretend they're doing it for our own good, like we're too ignorant to know better. What gets me is the stupidity of these people. Gun makers have said they will move out of state, taking their jobs and tax dollars with them. There are many private citizens who have said they will move, taking their tax dollars with them too. With Illinois at the top of the unemployment list and broke to boot, these idiots are driving companies and people out of state. It's the blind leading the stupid in Springfield.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

How did Darrell Issa get elected? Shady past to be certain.

I find it humorous that there are many people that want the feds out of our lives, but when a state, county or city tries to make laws, certain people are up in arms about it.

Somalia is looking for people that hate government too, you know.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnsrings

I find it humorous that there are many people that want the feds out of our lives, but when a state, county or city tries to make laws, certain people are up in arms about it.

Would you find it humorous if Texas passed a law that made it illegal to poke fun at any elected official?

How about if Texas passed a law making it illegal to poke fun at Republicans only?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Totally understand, and well put. Its always "in our best interest" thats these laws are passed..... our fine republic in action....

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I respectfully disagree. The proper way to go about things would be to repeal/take action against the 2nd amendment, as opposed to pass laws which go directly AGAINST the constitution

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dothedew
reply to post by DaTroof

I respectfully disagree. The proper way to go about things would be to repeal/take action against the 2nd amendment, as opposed to pass laws which go directly AGAINST the constitution

Quite true! Why beat around the bush?

Either get rid of it or not.

Let the "people" decide!
edit on 7-1-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by lolita64
reply to post by DaTroof

That's exactly the lawful way. To propose bills in the state House and Senate.

It's not lawful.

Read the second amendment again.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Meaning : Don't touch it! AT ALL.

Any ``gun control law`` is an infringment, therefore UNCONSTITUTIONAL therefore, NOT LAWFUL.

The only lawful way is to amend the constitution to remove the second amendment. Anything else is unlawful and unconstitutional.

And don't tell me... but but but... back in the founders day, people had CANNONS and armed ships, all legal and in private hands.
edit on 6-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

Clearly if you let one right be taken from you, others will follow, I don't understand why people don't see this!

I guess when we have to show papers as we cross state borders or are being stopped and questioned for no reason, or armed men come in our homes and search them periodically without cause...maybe then people will understand.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
oh go buy some shotguns and sleep with them if it will make you feel better

if you think you need a bushmaster with a high capacity clip to survive wehatever paranoid fantasy you have, you need help

It is not about the guns. People who don't even have or want guns can understand they are losing rights.

The US Constitutional rights have given American citizens freedoms envied throughout history by people in many places, when you start systematically removing those rights as is being done now, we will all be sorry in the end.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by kaylaluv

Hiding behind a big gun can be seen as cowardice too.

Who might the coward be?

When the person that wishes the rest of the population to be disarmed... relies on the jack-booted thugs of the government to do the disarming of those people?

Those thugs will still be carrying the same 'assault weapons' that some want to have disappear. In reality, they will carrying actual assault weapons, because they will be carrying weapons that have selective fire capability.

Stop being a coward. Push a gun ban that will have you unarmed sheep collecting the weapons. Or can't you see the folly in asking the population to give up their guns, in order to remain law-abiding?

With all the complain about corrupt police forces and government you would think people would be AFRAID leaving only those armed for any future they chose for the population, they will have no resistance.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by beezzer

Some may choose to have the oppourtunity to hide behind their own weapon.

or

Some may choose to hide behind the security and safety of government's arsenal after weapons have been banned.

And some may choose to live their lives without guns that can kill 100 people in a few seconds. The people that insist on having those kinds of guns are usually cowards who are attempting to cover for some short-coming or insecurity, imho. You know, kind of like the really short guy who has to have the biggest hummer/truck/SUV on the market.

But are you OK with your Government selling those same weapons to people who fight against our military.

Are you OK with your government deciding whose hands those weapons are in and denied to the average citizen.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well. thats a major city, how do we know that deaths wouldn't go down in less urban cities? I don't believe one cities crime rate increase tells the whole story. It may be a point, but there needs to be more statistical evidence to back that up as being true.

I've never needed a gun to feel safe and I've lived in Chicago and I've lived right outside in its suburbs. So I'm from that neck of the woods and I don't deem it necessary. Just saying.

Well we are in the boonies and everyone has firearms from
2001-2009
This includes 4 murders, 33 rapes, and just about two thousand thefts (including 197 car thefts).

I happen to know violent crimes, usually drug related are mostly by blunt objects and knife fights.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Using nukes in your own soil has no interest to citizens (it may have to the government), in fact I think that had the citizens any say and full information there wouldn't be any nuclear problem. As for weapons, you can freely do them yourself there is really no way to properly control it, the only problem is the dispersal bit, but since you are conjecturing using the weapon in your own nation that wouldn't also be an issue.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for lunch. Liberty is a well armed sheep!

Disarm the public and you can strip all freedoms with impunity..

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Update;
Illinois Democrats Back Down On Gun Grab
theintelhub.com...
edit on 7-1-2013 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Very great and interesting topic. Thank you for sharing
I do not know what the outcome will be but I pray for the best

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join