It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron: Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I don't know a nicer place to have a war though do you?

I know a little crass but the weather would be nice.
But If someone did try to invade them Yes we would ;D

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

If the people of the Falkland Isles want to be British then we should let them come and live in England. Current defense budget is roughly £25000 per person so even if they all claimed benefits it would be cheaper and no loss of life. Anyone who wants to stay can do so if they want to but I would have though that anyone who wanted to be British would also like to live in Great Britain.
reply to post by splitfamiliar

NO! These people are living in a beautiful part of the world and are unified on their islands. They are British territory and if the later formed republic of Argentina want to have a go, they will be a test subject for all the lovely new war ships we are building.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Guys lets all calm down a little eh?

Have a read from the FI website for a while

www.falklands.gov.fk...

I would love to go there, looks really pretty and I love the cold

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

When we settled there.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Lets listen to the falkland islanders themselves.

Sound just as British as me

I'm a bit jealous of them if truth be told.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
the toffs really do get their panties in a twist over the falklands

yes the islanders want us (britian), because weve filled it up with brits and loyalists

i say tone it down
the argies are spewing bs for votes

ignore them...or at least dont let cameron or hague comment on it

common sense will benefit britian this time....argies will have to do too much to remove islanders.... wont work...

camerons better off sticking to what hes good at,,,, giving pubic money to private industry
his war stance is hilarious...turns red and foams at the mouth ololol

god save the queen
peace

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

common sense will benefit britian

I think you mean Britain.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by splitfamiliar
If the people of the Falkland Isles want to be British then we should let them come and live in England.

Current defense budget is roughly £25000 per person so even if they all claimed benefits it would be cheaper and no loss of life.

Anyone who wants to stay can do so if they want to but I would have though that anyone who wanted to be British would also like to live in Great Britain.

By your logic I can claim your house then. Oh and leave so I can move in. Thanks.
edit on 6/1/13 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParaSpy2012
reply to post by thePharaoh

common sense will benefit britian

I think you mean Britain.

nah, i meant britian

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I do not wish to discuss anything with anyone who uses the words lovely and warships in the same sentence.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazmeister

No, by my logic you could take British citizens and they could live in Britain.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The Argentines have no right to make a claim for the Islands let alone take them from us, the Falklanders and the British people. People have fought and died protecting that area of land, be it for oil, pride or the people of the Islands. It doesn't matter. In fact it shouldn't matter.

To non-Brits and nay sayers. I guarantee most of your societies and infrastructures are products of colonialism. Including the country Argentina. It just so happened the British were the best at it, at least in the past anyway. And that's exactly what it is, in the past. Speaking in present terms, I think the USA fits a lot of the categories.

It works both ways you see. Good on Cam, I think the British people are bored of seeing mild-mannered global politics. We are animals and it's a human right and instinct to protect our property, and yes, the oil is ours, and no doubt the oil will create many jobs.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
the toffs really do get their panties in a twist over the falklands

yes the islanders want us (britian), because weve filled it up with brits and loyalists

i say tone it down
the argies are spewing bs for votes

ignore them...or at least dont let cameron or hague comment on it

common sense will benefit britian this time....argies will have to do too much to remove islanders.... wont work...

camerons better off sticking to what hes good at,,,, giving pubic money to private industry
his war stance is hilarious...turns red and foams at the mouth ololol

god save the queen
peace

Well, if you're going to comment on BRITAIN at least spell it right.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

erm...being british...is being part of a covenance....which means you could be from anywhere in the empire.
mainland....india, carribean, australia, canada, hong kong

as queen elizebeth was nice enough to hand it back...it does not mean that these people are not british.

BTW - british is an indian word...brit-ish..
edit on 6-1-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Actually it does, it's their home and they wish to remain there and British. Ok? or is that too hard for you to understand?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

No it is not hard for me to understand.

I understand that is what you think about the situation although how many of the 2500 British citizens you or anyone else have asked is a different matter.

I have never met anyone from the Falklands so would not presume to make a decision on there behalf. I simply stated that they should have the option to live in Britain if they are British. It would be far cheaper and safer to do that than to continue disputing the "ownership" of an Island for another 300 years.

Hey maybe they might enjoy things like broadband, Sky tv, Mcdonalds ect.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

They are not prisoners you know, they can move to the mainland If they choose.
Heck I have just been looking into moving over there

They want to stay in their homeland, simple really.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I simply stated that they should have the option to live in Britain if they are British.

They choose to live in Britain, that is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland - The Falklands.
You see Britain is not England. You need to check your facts first, then maybe, you'll understand.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I couldn't care less about the matter, except it would mean more pointless deaths of military personnel and more gov spending....which already dwarfs the gov's pathetic attempts to bring it under control with the current streamlining.

And for what?

Because 2 or 3000 toffs living on some poxy island - smaller than Northern Ireland - in the middle of the South Atlantic want to remain British?

Ok, come and live in Britain.

Seems to me there's more 'British' living around the world than in Britain.

We're already taxed to death in this country - no more crazyass military adventures please, Cameron.

Unless you want to fund it from your own pocket.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CJCrawley
I couldn't care less about the matter, except it would mean more pointless deaths of military personnel and more gov spending....which already dwarfs the gov's pathetic attempts to bring it under control with the current streamlining.

And for what?

Because 2 or 3000 toffs living on some poxy island - smaller than Northern Ireland - in the middle of the South Atlantic want to remain British?

Ok, come and live in Britain.

Seems to me there's more 'British' living around the world than in Britain.

We're already taxed to death in this country - no more crazyass military adventures please, Cameron.

Unless you want to fund it from your own pocket.

The world doesn't work like that, and if it did, you wouldn't be saying "come live in Britain" as there would be no Britain to come and live in my friend. Sometimes barking lessens the need for biting.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join