It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron: Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I agree with him the Falklands are in our blood the people there are as British as Iam, the people there have lived there for generations have have no intentions of being Argentinian.
I and many would fight for these (I'm no warrior but I would do what I can) just as many of us did in the last conflict.
The last thing either of our countries want is war but Kirchner needs to shut up and worry about what is happening in her own country.
I know many many Brits here we agree The Falklands have a right to self govern and decide who they want to be with backed by international law.
It is sabre rattling and I think Kirchner will back down but for once good on Cam for standing up for our people.

ww w.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

The British have no business being in the Western Hemisphere and should stick to murdering and raping Irish and Welsh men and women like they have been doing for the last thousand years. Pity Reagan was a traitor and didn't uphold the Monroe Doctrine or the US and the UK could of had a final party. After-all, it took Rome three wars against Carthage to be rid of that nuisance And much like Carthage, [snip] . The only reason the redcoats want the Malvinas as a plan B in-case enough Americans wake up to the fact that the parasitic redcoats are raping America through inflation and stealing our oil and natural resources!

Britain is a dieing power, kept alive only by currency and stock manipulations. Heck you redcoats biggest national money-maker is tourism to see your inbred monarchy, and tour the castles of bankrupt nobility. All it would take is a brief show of solidarity among the Americas(with the USA or not), and the UK would collapse so utterly it never will be able to rise again. Heck the UK would make Greece seem like a financial super power(and Albania a fairly well to do place). After the liberation of the Malvinas, the UK will have to beg the EU for full integration into the Euro.

edit on 7/1/13 by JAK because: Please see "Broad Brush Bashing" is the epitome of IGNORANCE. and 16) Behavior

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by discolo
reply to post by boymonkey74

Oh yeah? well maybe he should sort out Northern Ireland first. Has he not noticed the Union flag waving morons rioting in that part of the U.K. ? Have you? oh brave defender.

You could fly to belfast from the mainland for about thirty quid, join up with a local paramilitary group they'd love to have someone with your loyalty. It's your duty to defend your country is it not you don't even need to change any money as it's the U.K and £ pounds Sterling is the currency.

Much easier than going all the way to the falklands.

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

Don't talk about things you know nothing about, it just makes you look stupid.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

[snip]

You do realise Britain has the weapons capability to destroy ANY country on Earth.. Including America?

Do we not?

Yes we do..

We are the worlds leading biological warfare power.. You may want to bear that in mind.
edit on 7-1-2013 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/1/13 by JAK because: Personal attack removed.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I agree with him the Falklands are in our blood the people there are as British as Iam, the people there have lived there for generations have have no intentions of being Argentinian.
I and many would fight for these (I'm no warrior but I would do what I can) just as many of us did in the last conflict.
The last thing either of our countries want is war but Kirchner needs to shut up and worry about what is happening in her own country.
I know many many Brits here we agree The Falklands have a right to self govern and decide who they want to be with backed by international law.
It is sabre rattling and I think Kirchner will back down but for once good on Cam for standing up for our people.

ww w.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

The British have no business being in the Western Hemisphere and should stick to murdering and raping Irish and Welsh men and women like they have been doing for the last thousand years. Pity Reagan was a traitor and didn't uphold the Monroe Doctrine or the US and the UK could of had a final party. After-all, it took Rome three wars against Carthage to be rid of that nuisance And much like Carthage, the British people conquer and rape all the lands they can. The only reason the redcoats want the Malvinas as a plan B in-case enough Americans wake up to the fact that the parasitic redcoats are raping America through inflation and stealing our oil and natural resources!

Britain is a dieing power, kept alive only by currency and stock manipulations. Heck you redcoats biggest national money-maker is tourism to see your inbred monarchy, and tour the castles of bankrupt nobility. All it would take is a brief show of solidarity among the Americas(with the USA or not), and the UK would collapse so utterly it never will be able to rise again. Heck the UK would make Greece seem like a financial super power(and Albania a fairly well to do place). After the liberation of the Malvinas, the UK will have to beg the EU for full integration into the Euro.

Making stuff up doesn't work. [snip]

The UK has already dealt with her decline, the whole 'The UK is a dying power' nonsense is about 40 years out of date, [snip] ? now, if you want to bring that little saying up to date I think you will find it is USA that is the dying power, over the next decade we will see if the USA has the grace to decline peacefully like we did or if they will lash out like almost every other dying Empire in history.

According to OECD statistics the UK has a lower poverty rate than france, Germany and the US.

As for Tourism being our biggest industry, dream on, yes London is by far the most visited city on Earth but that's only to be expected for the greatest city on earth..in fact our domestic tourism industry is by far larger than that of foreign tourism industry.
Pharmaceuticals, Aerospace, Manufacturing, Defence and Financial Services are the biggest industries in the UK.

You think if the Americas showed solidarity that it would bankrupt us? More likely to bankrupt the US given the EU is her biggest trading partner and such action against us whilst in it would result in the EU taking solidarity with us.
You think Americans care about Argentina, the educated ones probably support Democracy (isn't that what they claim to be themselves) and then would support the UK given we are the ones upholding the Democracy from South American 'aggression'. The Argentine President is a bumbling fool unable to run her country properly and somehow thinks that bullying a few thousand innocent farmers will make her look big.

You talk about kicking the British out of the Falklands, well maybe this time we British will finish the job and overthrow your corrupt war mongering regime, liberate your people from their lies and grip and have your President arrested for war crimes. We wouldn't even need to waste a Trident to do so.
edit on 7/1/13 by JAK because: Personal attacks removed.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

JAK

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Ok, let's offer that last one again just for clarity:

YOU are responsible for your posts.

If anyone sees a post they believe warrants staff attention then please Alert it. Personal attacks on other members are not acceptable.

edit on 7/1/13 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Wow you must really hate us Brits, Jealous much lol.
Calling us Redcoats lol dude we have moved on from them times maybe you should too.

Guys I do not want this thread to close seeing we have a couple of Argentinians in the thread giving us their point of view, so 1st read the whole thread If you are new 2nd just be civil please.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I honestly cannot fathom how the world is going to go on with
debates such as these, we face a multitude of MAJOR problems
that no country will be able to ignore, yet here we are at an impasse
over what seems to be a relatively open and shut case of what
the people who actually live there want.

What is so strange to me is that folks are pointing to the past
like somehow those of us alive today had any choice in those
matters, i am so sick of this behavior im about ready to start
pulling my hair out, do we all really just want to live in the past
and punish forever those alive today for things they had no
say in?

I for one am sick of that BS i think we all need to grow up and
address the present day, the present problems and the not
too far into the future problems that will for certain be global
in their impact, i wish with every part of my humanity for everyone
to be free. I also hope that i am alive long enough to witness
such a thing, as long of a shot as that is.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Still looking forward to mike telling us who is going to help the Argentinians invade a self governing people who have lived and worked the lands of the Falklands for over 170 years.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

I just want a people to be able to determine their future without the threat of invasion.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Jealousy is the right word, a lot of non-British people find it hard to understand that despite our transgressions over the past decade we will still stand up for what is right and go to war out of principle not just sheer profit.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by biggilo

Not all the time but the Falklands was a Just war and If we have to fight again it will be a Just war again.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

The British have no business being in the Western Hemisphere and should stick (etc)

Britain, or rather the UK, is actually in both the Western and Eastern Hemispheres, so arguably has legitimate business in both. The dividing line transects Greenwich.

Pity Reagan was a traitor and didn't uphold the Monroe Doctrine or the US and the UK could of had a final party (etc)

The Monroe Doctrine was hardly ratified by anyone else except the US, besides it prevented the US from meddling in existing colonies and lands, such as (you’ve guessed it), the Falkland Islands.

Must I continue to pick your whole post to bits? No, let’s stick to the spirit of the OP and the thread and do as the OP has suggested to keep it civil and accurate.

Regards

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Argentina has a populist president who is doing what all populists do: seeking an issue to divert public attention from her government's real problems, which are more to do with inflation and bondholders than anything a British brig-sloop did 180 years ago...

Denver22.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This old chestnut is never going away is it?

However, for the record, Argentina is still in default of $40 Billion in loans to the "Paris Club", principally to the UK and USA. Barack Obama is highly unimpressed with Kirchner and has made several statements about putting the pressure on to get this money back - he has even mooted freezing any and all funds for Argentina. Therefore, even if the White House agrees with Kirchner about the Falklands, nothing would come out of it. So time to forget about any US pressure on Britain - it won't and can't happen.

Secondly, Kirchner is currently the opponent of mass opposition rallies in Argentina. In recent months, there have been several marches that are hundreds of thousands strong marching against her government. Argentinians are realising that she really doesn't have a clue, not a good trait for a leader (but one which seems to be in vogue these days!).

Basically, more of the same old same old.............

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join