It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron: Britain would fight another war with Argentina to keep the Falkland Islands

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by N1thNa1ath

Well our History differs.
BUT the only history that really matters is we have worked that land for 170 years, the people who have lived there for 9 generations want to stay with Britain, they are self governing and under international law it is up to them who they want to be with.
Like I said let the people who have lived there decide and respect their wishes.
We have bent over backwards and offered your government a 50/50 split on any oil they refused.
But once again I will say this isn't about the oil, after the war in 82 the Falklands are ingrained in the British people, we lost brave men and so did you, do not let it happen again.
We are only defending what is ours.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

prove this please, with historic facts and not just words.
2nd

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Ok please speak english in your posts, so we do not get mixed up in google translator.
edit on 6-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath
reply to post by soyander

Por que los consideras cancer? Tan gorila sos? le devolvio la dignidad a nuestro pueblo, o me vas a decir que antes habia gobiernos buenos? Ningun gobierno aguanta 10 años siendo malo, ni en argentina ni en ningun lado, pero llamarlos cancer es una falta de respeto y una falta de cordura total.

Translation is (from google)

Consider that the cancer? Tan gorilla are you? returned dignity to our people, or are you going to say that before governments had good? No government holds 10 years being mean, or Argentina or anywhere else, but call cancer is disrespectful and a complete lack of sanity.

My question: WHAAAT?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Which history books did you read? do you have only the side of view that your government tells you? You must also believe then that the brits are not colonialists......pfff

My gaudddd

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grainofsand

Sorry you are based on what? your own written history? ajajajajajaj and we are the lambs.......
ppfffffff
3rd line

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I could say the same to you but read my post at the top of this page.
The Victors get to write the history books

it isnt about you nor me it is about the people who have lived there for over 170 years, in march they will vote and hopefully your nation will respect that vote.
edit on 6-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I agree with him the Falklands are in our blood the people there are as British as Iam, the people there have lived there for generations have have no intentions of being Argentinian.
I and many would fight for these (I'm no warrior but I would do what I can) just as many of us did in the last conflict.
The last thing either of our countries want is war but Kirchner needs to shut up and worry about what is happening in her own country.
I know many many Brits here we agree The Falklands have a right to self govern and decide who they want to be with backed by international law.
It is sabre rattling and I think Kirchner will back down but for once good on Cam for standing up for our people.

ww w.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Good for you. The only reason comrade Kirchner is restarting the whole issue viz a viz the Falklands is to distract the Argentine people from her many economic failures.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikeone718
Las Malvinas son Argentinas.
Itll be a different war this time. Argentina wont be alone.

Hehehe, the combined Naval assets of the entire of South America is still smaller than that of the UK and mostly made up of (ironically) ex RN Warships we declared obsolete 20 years ago....

So, bring it on

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jayman0111

I think he is attacking his fellow countryman for calling the pres a cancer.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

[SNIP]

ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use ( Please Review This Link)

15i.) Language: The dominant language of our users and moderation staff is English. In order to promote a smooth-running environment and fair enforcement of the Terms and Conditions of Use (and the Terms and Conditions of Membership), you agree not to Post or chat in any language other than English.

edit on 6/1/13 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

If they had told me bouncer anywhere else I would have angry, but not in an Anglo-Saxon Forum... Moreover, it pleases me because it makes me feel in confidence jajjaja. I respect your opinion, but their policies are not me. All good wachin.

Google translator

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Please, the main people on here are English speakers. At least have the decency to translate your comments!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Dude, English.
Use goggle translator if you need to.
I wish MOD would step in here and set this guy straight.
Must be something in the T&C

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I put this example because is something between our contries. The conquest of Patagonia was sth than doesn't concern with you, as I don't concern (and don't said) the 100 years war with France. Ok? And I can speak about India, natives from North America, from Australia, Hong Kong, Gibraltar, and much more.
Don't be child.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nobody is denying the British did really REALLY bad things in India, Africa, Ireland etc. But this thread is about a foreign country making a claim over an area that has been British for 170 years and who's people want to REMAIN British. If, however, the vote in March says they want to be Argentinian then I'll be among the first to say, ok then, off you go.
edit on 6-1-2013 by jayman0111 because: bad speeling

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by N1thNa1ath
prove this please, with historic facts and not just words.

Do you want pictures?

Do you want me to prove that the Patagonian genocide was a reality or prove that the Englsh claimed the Falkland Islands back in 1765?

The Patagonian genocide aka the Conquest of the Desert is well documented and I am sure you can find some impartial sources as it’s probably not widely taught in Argentina. Try culturepotion.blogspot.co.uk... or upsidedownworld.org...

As to the Falkland Islands... It is historical fact that in 1832 the United Provinces of the Río de la Plata appointed a governor of the Islands and who was promptly murdered soon after arriving, with a United Provinces warship taking control soon after. This was removed peacefully soon after in 1833 by a British warship sent to reiterate British sovereignty. The British encouraged settlers to remain and from that time the islands have had some form of settlement.

Please disprove what I have stated as historically inaccurate.

Regards

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Look, this has got nothing to do with oil, sovereignty, or who has the biggest boots.....it's clear.......

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by mikeone718
Las Malvinas son Argentinas.
Itll be a different war this time. Argentina wont be alone.

Hehehe, the combined Naval assets of the entire of South America is still smaller than that of the UK and mostly made up of (ironically) ex RN Warships we declared obsolete 20 years ago....

So, bring it on

Sorry chief, size doesnt matter, you being a brit should know that very well.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join