It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning Of Snow and Deep Cold Arriving in the UK.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
oh woh is me .
were sitting at 7c dropping to 3c wednesday thursday then back into double figures by the weekend with no snow forecast now?
snow fair

please jr tell me they got it wrong and we got a couple of feet about to dump on us
from wet and miserable jersey

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Off Topic Post alert.

Didn't watch either but i have to say i am currently loving the tv programmers here. Last week we had the asteroid buzz past - so they stuck on Armageddon. This weekend they knew it was going to snow loads so they stick on The Day After Tomorrow.

Not so sure what the plan will be for next week though when they announce the increase in venereal disease.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We've had about 2-3inches over the past 3 hours, blue skys & cleared now but more heavy snow showers coming in in a couple of hours, so another country snow walk with a flash of mulled wine is in order for tonight, temps expected to drop to -4 or more

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod
reply to post by PheonixReborn

Well lets hope the predictions for the weekend come to fruition then so that we can all be justified in our "moaning" and "ranting" at the weather...

The term Snowmaggeddon would definately apply if this weekends models verify!

I hope we do get something worth talking about. Today has been a bit of a disappointment.

Met Office are currently showing widespread snowfall on Friday night into Saturday. Maybe this could be an indication that what you predicted is edging onto the more likely than not? Their charts are changing all the time now though so I'm sure it's impossible to say.

Met Office Fri/Sat
edit on 14-1-2013 by fiftyfifty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Off Topic Post alert.

Didn't watch either but i have to say i am currently loving the tv programmers here. Last week we had the asteroid buzz past - so they stuck on Armageddon. This weekend they knew it was going to snow loads so they stick on The Day After Tomorrow.

Not so sure what the plan will be for next week though when they announce the increase in venereal disease.

Maybe this...

That'll put people off!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

In all fairness, in all teh years i have studied the weather model charts, i havent ever seen the changes, teh potential and the current outputs as i have this year. The models are all over the place. Some of them are hanging onto cold into Feb, others are trying to show an atlantic influence this weekend. Heck, even one of them has the Polar vVortex over Iceland in 6 days time.

If that happened, the possibilities could be, well, anything!!!

In an ideal world we need High Pressure to build to our NE, if that happens, there is little chance of the Atlantic moving it, that means all the energy from teh Atlantic will bounce off it and head South...we just need the Jet Stream to play along.

For weather enthusiasts...this past week and this coming week are definately times to remember!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Sorry just for an update from me I'm currently in west London and its raining

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
@JrMcleod

The Met is forecasting light snow for Friday into Sat when is it you think we could see this "Snowpocalipse" i thought you was on about Friday/Sat? are you disagreeing with them on those days? or will this light snow predicted fri/sat last many hours to accumulate the 60-cm of Snow? which is 22 inches or so

edit on 14-1-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Double
edit on 14-1-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
well lets hope the cold persist en get a bit more intense in mainland Europe.. The Dutch are eager to organize an epic ice skating tour, the "Elfstedentocht" as for now no planning yet it hasn't been cold for long enough, the last was in 1997...
as they would say.. It can freeze or thaw

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Hmmm....Snowmaggeddon eh? Alright, so I'm a weather junkie and take delight in anything that will get me snowed with with my man
but this is a strong way to describe even the worst that a Scottish winter could throw at us.

How bad could it be? What should we prepare for if it's at the worst end of the scale? I'm out in the sticks and kinda vulnerable, so I like to have a fair idea in advance.

This morning out on Deeside, we have had no more snow yet, but it's very cold and looks like more might be on the way.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I will post a full update later with charts etc but in the main, central and northern areas could see clocked roads, power cuts and blizzards.

Think autumn storm but instead of rain, its snow.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Thank you so much...will be watching carefully for more information, and stocking up a wee bit more, if that's possible. I'm sure there will be room in the fridge for more groceries by Thursday...

Preparation and staying at home are the keys to happiness when it's going to be this bad...

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Bit chilly this morning, but otherwise fine in frosty Lancashire...
I WANT TO PLAY IN SNOW.
I MIGHT BE 42, BUT I WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN PLEASE !!!!
(caps for emphasis of loud shouts)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbduff
Bit chilly this morning, but otherwise fine in frosty Lancashire...
I WANT TO PLAY IN SNOW.
I MIGHT BE 42, BUT I WANT TO BUILD A SNOWMAN PLEASE !!!!
(caps for emphasis of loud shouts)

Im way down in Kent, and been so excited over the last week with the prospect of snow, but all we have had is about 1cm of mush over night. Im 37 but just as excited to get out with my 3 year old and play in the snow.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Here's my town yesterday in the heart of The UK, will update with more as the weather progresses.....

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Please stop! The Yanks, Canadians and Mainland Europeans are laughing at us.

Its just a bit of snow!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by lifttheveil

Pretty....
But now I have Macc Lads No sleep till Buxton rattling around my head.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

Since you asked so nicely, here's my report. It's mostly gone from Halifax now. It's cold though. Might put a jumper on.

I did nearly slip over on my drive putting my bin out as it's still icey. I've recovered from the trauma though, and am having an Earl Grey tea to self-medicate.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by Suspiria
I has snoooooooowwwwwwwww! Yippie!!!

Proper snow or more like a dandruff laden god has given their head a shake (light dusting)?

The excitement was short lived. We had a good covering for this area during the night and another coating about 11am, but the rain came and melted the lot of it. It's just icy now. The small boy is not impressed, his new Spongbob wellies are still on standby.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join