It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced Warning Of Snow and Deep Cold Arriving in the UK.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by Anthony2

All that would be relevant if chemtrails were real.

I used to think the same as you, being scientifically-minded. But I take my dog out for a walk every day, see contrails from planes almost every day, and know the difference between the usual patterns of those as well as the looks, effects and how they fan out, and the ones that are chemtrails. Appreciate that you will have to see it over your own bit of sky before you realise what I am talking about. Also the other poster a bit later than you who said the same.

Still grateful to the OP for warning us about the cold spell to come - will get some extra food and fuel in.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Thanks for the courteous reply.

I have been keeping an eye on the chemtrail debate for some time now, and so far I'm not convinced.
The evidence, in my opinion, is lacking. There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding, strong opinions and divergence of theories regarding the matter. But I remain open minded.

This thread is a good example of why I am here on ATS.

Keep warm and safe.

Regards.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

The extra cold and moist air is most likely the reason people are seeing more contrails, and not all contrails act the same, it depends on wind speed, turbulence etc etc.

Chemtrails are a myth, period.

How did a great thread advising us of the weather descend into such nonesense? All we need now is someone to come along and start accusing us of advocating tighter gun control in America because of the weather, and the latest trend on ATS is complete.

Sorry........bad morning, fell down the stairs and spilled boiling hot coffee over me and then opened a council tax bill.......gaaah
edit on 7/1/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up OP. I remember your previous thread on the storms we had a year or so ago. You were well ahead of the Met Office and pretty spot on. I'll be keeping close tabs on this...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the warning, i'll stock up on the single malt - a good Ardbeg will thaw anything

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

I'm not posting this as a doom and gloom or whatever thread, just simply getting it out there before the Met Office get the courage to do so....

Why do you think they would need courage to forecast weather. If anything, they would want it public so they would not be left with egg on their faces - as happened in the eighties with those severe gales.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Excellent thread, just checked Yahoo News and this has popped up:

uk.news.yahoo.com...

Interesting to say the least!

Thanks OP

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

Plunging towards freezing is hardly anything to be concerned about. Infact, the weather has been forecast to do just that. Freezing isn't anything out of the ordinary for this time of the year. Personally, I'm hoping for a long spell of at least -10 to -15. That would be something worth talking about and more in line with what the OP has mentioned. And not only that, skating with my kids on natural ice is a joy that doesn't come around these parts very often..

Bring it on Winter!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

Was pointing out more the cooling trend, not concerned in the least about adverse weather. Keeps me and my teams busy so yup - BRING ON THE WINTER

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Love the cold weather,always have fun driving my car in the snow.Handbrake turns without wearing out my tyres.lol

Wild winter here we come,haha !!!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by McGinty
Thanks for the warning, i'll stock up on the single malt - a good Ardbeg will thaw anything

And this is why I love my country
anyone else would probably be stocking up on food, oil, fuel etc but over here prepping means making sure we have enough booze in! Fantastic

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Well im on the East coast, with a nice 45 minute walk across fields too work everyday. Im starting too think maybe I should have got my car back on the road instead of a lads holiday!

Will be following this thread, cheers!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I had to chuckle at the coinkidink. No sooner as I'd read this yesterday morning that the rest of the media started to jump on the bandwagon by teatime.
edit on 8-1-2013 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

in two days in must start.

it is a long shot but look at this:

snow:

source:

Temperature
Precepation probably snow

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Heh, meanwhile in Australia, we are getting 54 degree weather which literally comes off the charts for us. Sure it's Summer here but damnit any hotter and people will go plopping eggs on their car and cooking they're breakfast!

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by brintonwhite

Originally posted by jrmcleod

I'm not posting this as a doom and gloom or whatever thread, just simply getting it out there before the Met Office get the courage to do so....

Why do you think they would need courage to forecast weather. If anything, they would want it public so they would not be left with egg on their faces - as happened in the eighties with those severe gales. .

They dont usually forecast so far in advance because they have a fear of getting it wrong which can have cost implications for councils and people. Remember they are the official UK weather service, they always play their cards close to their chest.

A bit of foresight and bravery is all thats needed to get the info out.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
weird though... bbc weather for local forecast for the next few weeks still looks fine.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

as does GFS normal winter temps.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnorantSquare
reply to post by tdk84

as does GFS normal winter temps.

I think this is what is misleading many people and making them hold a reserved judgement whilst trying to forecast. GFS has been chopping and changing a lot recently but the potential is very much still their for a blast from the east.

It would seem apparent that the only model still holding onto this is the ECM, which ahs been quite consistent with cold spells in recent years.

Things are very fluid just ow but the miodel runs issued at 1600 should clarify things either "for" or "against"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join