It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad Addresses Syrian Nation

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Here is a video I made that agrees with your argument. In part of the video it shows a large protest with the crowd holding no weapons.....only olive branches when the Syrian army open fire on them.

WARNING THIS VIDEO OS OF GRAPHIC NATURE

-Alien
edit on 1/6/2013 by Alien Abduct because: to add some detail about the video

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

So Assad has done a speech condeming the Civil War? He caalls opponents of his regieme terrorists? Can Assad then please explain how innocent civilians peacefully protesting be classed as terrorists? Can he please explain how children he has killed via his army be called terrorists? Does he shed a single tear for them? I think not!

One has to ask WHY he is making this "speech" now? Is it because the rebels are closing in on him and he is feeling threatened? If Assad truly wanted peace he would open up dialogue with the opposition and form a coalition government of national unity. Not exclude them out altogether. Sure there are some Al Quidea terrorists inside Syria, of that I have no doubt. But frankly Assad brought this on himself. He could have prevented all of this by listening to his people in the first place and be prepared to be pragmatic and allow reforms to take place. It would have saved 60,000 lives.

Quite frankly Assad has lost any claims to legitimacy. He needs to go now and be replaced by someone more willing to come to a political settlement with ALL parties. Assad himself should be preparing himself for a trial and a long stint in prison. And that is being let of lightly. I am sure there are others who would gladly take him out and have him shot.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Seems like your new to this.

how innocent civilians peacefully protesting be classed as terrorists?

Lets see hows justifiable is the So called Syrian opposition by using Car Bombs and Child soldiers?

Quite frankly Assad has lost any claims to legitimacy.

Since when did the SNC have any legitimacy to the Syrian people?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This OP however is biased and full of it.

Well spotted.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

I recommend you check out the link below. It is updated daily and has some interesting information from Syria. With that, I will add a part of an interview with an ex Al-Jazeera employee who was terminated after 10 years of service with the outlet.

Ex Al-Jazeera employee interview

-Are the rumours about how the fabrications and lies are carried out by Al Jazeera true?

When it comes to the eye witnesses who used to describe things as if they were inside Syria and close to the events, their phone numbers were from Saudi Arabia, Jordan, the United Kingdom and other countries. The webmaster of the website had to correct news based on the comments and the mockery of the website’s visitors concerning the claims of the ‘eyewitnesses’, that were so contradictory a small child would not believe them. The channel’s administration had to filter what the eyewitnesses said before going live. Indoctrinating was performed as well which is not surprising since the person responsible of the Syrian file in the channel is a member of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Now I would put the whole lot up for you, but there is simply too much of the interview.. I haven't even read the lot myself yet.

More Al-Jazeera lies
Chemical elements from unidentified men in Syria
Journalist Kidnapped by Extremists
American kidnapped in Syria

There is heaps of evidence... Most of the evidence can be found at that one website I have linked. More can be found through videos with Russian Journalists doing the rounds with the Assad forces. Heres a couple of examples of what is happening on the ground.

If that isn't good enough, let me know. I have followed this war for a while and can provide plenty more..

edit on 6-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

The Bahrain military opened fire on the protesters in their country also, why aren't we sending money and weapons to them? The hypocracy is unbelievable.. Assad isn't the only leader who has killed protesters. Its more like, Bahrain is our ally so its justified, Syria isn't, they can't do that...

Anyway concerning Al-Jazeera, maybe you should read the interview that I posted above also..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
ATS has been officialle taken over by trators. This post has 7 flags and is on the front page talking about how bad Assad is. Assad isn't bad, the people he is fighting are real terrorists funded by the west, many of been able to show this fact by looking at the equipment and training the rebels got.

This is not a civil war and anyone who believes it is a doomed fool.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
ATS has been officialle taken over by trators. This post has 7 flags and is on the front page talking about how bad Assad is. Assad isn't bad, the people he is fighting are real terrorists funded by the west, many of been able to show this fact by looking at the equipment and training the rebels got.

This is not a civil war and anyone who believes it is a doomed fool.

Ha! I am not a traitor! I am simply sharing my opinion on what is happening, I for one do not condone the slaughter of women and children. That is what sickens me about all of this. If I were in power or in charge of the UN I would make it illegal to start a war. Idealistic in today's world I know but someone has to stand up and say enough is enough before we blow the planet up which frankly could well happen in the next 20 years. I am surprised humanity survived the 20th century to be honest.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Thank you, this is what I had in mind when I started this topic. There can be NO justifcation for this murder of innocent PEACEFUL protestesters.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Check out this doofus.. Makes me wish the government sent him over so he could get a bomb dropped on his bald head..

reply to post by DarknStormy

Sorry there old chap. I think I read your post the wrong way. The guy in the vid is the doofus?

He should be deported from Australia - Doofus is too soft a word, I would say he is a Wanker.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Can a Mod please Close this thread as there already is an existing thread.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

The Bahrain military opened fire on the protesters in their country also, why aren't we sending money and weapons to them? The hypocracy is unbelievable.. Assad isn't the only leader who has killed protesters. Its more like, Bahrain is our ally so its justified, Syria isn't, they can't do that...

Anyway concerning Al-Jazeera, maybe you should read the interview that I posted above also..

Hmmm are you implying that I agree with the Bahrain military opening fire on it's citizens? I don't always agree with U.S. policies/actions.

I do agree with you when you state that the U.S. policies are in many ways hypercritical. When we first went into Iraq after 9/11, I was listening to Rush Limbaugh while at work and one persistent question kept popping into my head. Finally I took a break and called the show. After waiting for like 20-30 minutes amazingly I got to ask my question directly to Rush on-air.

The question was; ( mind you I used the Bush administration and Limbaugh's logic/reasoning for going into the war) "I agree with liberating a people from a repressive murderous dictatorship because if I was in that situation I would want some help too. But why liberate one people and not the next? For example why do we liberate the Iraqi people and not liberate the North Korean people?

He stumbled around the question and dodged it like a politician and soon I was off-air.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

After hearing that I'm surprised your still alive
only kidding..

That is the problem. We can easily demonise one country for their faults but let others get away with it because they have formed an alliance with our governments. Its quiet clear that it has nothing to do with dictatorship and more to do with someone not complying with foreign policy or around that mark. Our governments don't care about the Syrian people or what they need, if they did, we wouldn't be shipping in weapons to start with.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Are you aware what source is that from? Al jazeera talk about "deny ignorance"
so 59 and 30 people here would rather agree with Al jazeera and haven't learned anything from Libya nor Egypt.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Assad to RT: 'I'm not Western puppet - I live and die in Syria' (EXCLUSIVE)

Its pretty obvious with this group of CIA backed Saudi backed jackyls that have gone through Egypt, Libya and now Syria and imposed SHARIA, tortured and murdered children, Chistians and blacks, in horrendous ways. I saw videos of impalement of children, women hung, and black elderly males beheaded with knives, not even swords. This is what the PTB who seem to be orcs or trolls or majorly violent bloodthirsty creatures seem to want.

Assad is probably corrupt, but the people don't want to go the route of the others.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
are you in the business of beating dead horses mate? There is a very popular thread about this smack dab up the top on the front page. You are obviously a provocateur and a very unoriginal and transparent one at that.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

So Assad has done a speech condeming the Civil War? He caalls opponents of his regieme terrorists? Can Assad then please explain how innocent civilians peacefully protesting be classed as terrorists? Can he please explain how children he has killed via his army be called terrorists? Does he shed a single tear for them? I think not!

One has to ask WHY he is making this "speech" now? Is it because the rebels are closing in on him and he is feeling threatened? If Assad truly wanted peace he would open up dialogue with the opposition and form a coalition government of national unity. Not exclude them out altogether. Sure there are some Al Quidea terrorists inside Syria, of that I have no doubt. But frankly Assad brought this on himself. He could have prevented all of this by listening to his people in the first place and be prepared to be pragmatic and allow reforms to take place. It would have saved 60,000 lives.

Quite frankly Assad has lost any claims to legitimacy. He needs to go now and be replaced by someone more willing to come to a political settlement with ALL parties. Assad himself should be preparing himself for a trial and a long stint in prison. And that is being let of lightly. I am sure there are others who would gladly take him out and have him shot.

Err...

You do realize that Assad has called for dialogue between his regime and opposition for quite a while now, and that it was/is the opposition who refuse, don't you?

Also, all parties aren't going to be involved in any U.S.-approved Government. Remember Libya and Gaddafi?

Libya has descended into tribal warfare and power struggles ever since Gaddafi had been toppled... Go Democracy?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Are you aware what source is that from? Al jazeera talk about "deny ignorance"
so 59 and 30 people here would rather agree with Al jazeera and haven't learned anything from Libya nor Egypt.

I agree partially but,

Well just look at the buildings in the background you know it's Syria. And at this point it would be a little difficult to get such a huge number of people in the streets of Syria to protest a fake protest. I'm going with this video is legit.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trajan

Err...

You do realize that Assad has called for dialogue between his regime and opposition for quite a while now, and that it was/is the opposition who refuse, don't you?

Also, all parties aren't going to be involved in any U.S.-approved Government. Remember Libya and Gaddafi?

Libya has descended into tribal warfare and power struggles ever since Gaddafi had been toppled... Go Democracy?

Assad called for dialogue only after he realized that the apposing forces might just win. By then why would the rebels want to negotiate when they now have a chance to do it their way on their own terms?

I agree with the rest of your post.

Situations like this is where some people say the U.S. should stay out of others' business. But looking at it from the U.S. government perspective why not take advantage of an opportunity to turn the tables to your advantage if it can be done without stirring the pot too much?

Don't get me wrong if I was in charge I wouldn't kill women or children on purpose in the process but I can't say that I wouldn't put a few cooks in the kitchen.

This is what many countries are doing in Syria. And if those countries didn't go in there covertly like they did then Assad likely would have long smashed the resistance by now. Those governments that have their guys in there might not know full well each others objectives but they know where each other are and are staying out of each others way. Also, it is likely that some of their objectives are one and the same i.g. topple the Assad regime. And, it is likely that some of these are working together in these covert operations.

And in the end it is those governments (US, SA, UK, France and Turkey) that will be the leaders of much of the opposition forces and are now in a good position to negotiate advantages to their respective governments.

This is the way it works, no country would be left alone to have their own civil war among themselves, even if the U.S.A. went into civil war say because the government passed a law that banned guns other governments would get involved in hopes that they could turn the tides to their advantage.

This is the way it is. All that we can do is try to control our own government as much as we can by way of voting, petitioning, protesting or whatever means. Other than that speaking from an American perspective we have limited control over what our government does and we don't always agree with our governments policies, but all we can do is all we can do and the actions of our government is largely out of our hands. The U.S. government is going to reach as far as they can within the boundaries set forth by the laws enacted by the people and THEN go a kilometer further.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

If you must know the regrading point that i believe its staged is because it claims the protesters gave the security forces roses?
if you ask me that is pure nonsense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join