It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad Addresses Syrian Nation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Lay off the Turps. Get some rest.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

To be fair though, a large percentage of those "rebels" are indeed foreign fighters, armed and funded via Qatar and Saudi Arabia, who of course receive the arms and funds from the US and UK, amongst others. They too are responsible for terrorism - suicide and car bombings - against civilians so are hardly the noble freedom fighters.

In cases such as this, is it really any different than we could expect if WE tried an armed overthrow of our government? If we took up arms, supplied by foreign powers, and brought in foreign mercenaries to fight alongside us, would our own government give up power and hand us the reigns? Of course not and anyone who thinks different is sadly delusional.

As for those "war crimes" we keep hearing about, and the ICC being touted for Assad, perhaps we should also look closer to home for people just as bad and with just as much, if not more, blood on their hands, as well as the dictators we prop up and empower because it's in "our" interests to do so. We in the west can hardly take the moral high ground on these issues as we are responsible for so much death and destruction against innocent people. If there were justice, we'd have seen the likes of Blair and Bush in jail long before now, with Cameron and Obama sharing the cell next door.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

No a large percentage of the fighter are not foreign. Their are indeed small groups of foriegn forces on both sides. However most of fighters are made up the Syrian Army who have changes sides fighting what is left of the Syrian Army. If Assad had not order his troops to shoot unarmed civilians their would be no armed rebellion. The rebels were just unarmed protester to start but, when he started having the shot, his Army started changing sides. And that is what this speece is all about trying to keep some of loyal. Hard to win a war when parts of Army changes sides every time to go into battle.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Can Assad then please explain how innocent civilians peacefully protesting be classed as terrorists? Can he please explain how children he has killed via his army be called terrorists? Does he shed a single tear for them? I think not!

Who is the “Mohammed” who was telephoned by the New York Times and reported the “massacre” by government forces of 200 persons in the village of Tremseh). Was he an eye witness? Did the reporter try to find other sources?

Two days later, the Times acknowledged that the “massacre of civilians” was more likely a clash between heavily armed Syrian military and lightly armed local fighters, and the death toll was closer to 100, most of them young men...

The pattern in the reporting of the Syrian civil war suggests the opposition (possibly in collaboration with western governments) are trying to manipulate the media. Headlines of increasingly bigger “massacres” of innocent “civilians” and reports of serial defections by regime generals and other officials all tend to give the impression that the opposition is on a roll and the regime is on its last legs. These reports may or may not be accurate, but they should treated with a bit of circumspection.

Libya was the play book for the Obama administration's handling of Syria, and this time, the information war seems to be following the same script. Allegations of mass rapes and distribution of condoms to government soldiers were duly reported by western media during the Libyan campaign, and guess what, allegations of widespread rape by the Syrian regime have just popped up.

www.globalpost.com...

Don't believe the lie!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

I gave you a flag and then took it back after reading the MSM nonsense that you parrot in the second part of your post.

These FSA dogs aren't even Syrian, there is overwhelming evidence that they are foreign mercenaries.

Who would you prefer? Foreign mercenaries or Extremist criminals? Open your eyes! Look at Libya and Egypt. Both have shown how these revolutionaries claim to bring freedom to the people, and suddenly betray them in favour of a dictatorship. Nothing different to the Russian Revolution.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

this isn't a revolution as there is no leadership.
he demanded nations around Syria stop supplying them with finance, intel and shelter.
amnesty if everyone comes together and talks and votes and figures this out.

Sure, stop supplying them, with finance, intel, shelter, weapons and ammunition and they will eventually be much easier prey.

You can't completely pull out support from either side of this conflict without enabling a slaughter.

Too bad that people are unable to understand or accept that fact.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyoshi

Oh my god do you really believe yourself and what you've been told? They have their own central bank for a start and that won't do. They must be linked up to the global financial system of depravity. If Syria does fall, just wait and see what happens to freedom and love and indeed innovation over there......the place will be turned into a living hell, all western backed.

I am well aware of the conspiracies surrounding the banking systems and the Rothchilds/Bilderbergs of this world seeking to monopolise the banking structure. However I was not thinking of that when I wrote my post. I dont think 60,000 Syrians thought about it much either. Certaintly not the children who were killed. I think it is disgraceful that so many people have been killed because of one dictactors refusal to share power and accept change/reform.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I dont dispute that. Fault lies in many quarters over this conflict.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This OP however is biased and full of it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

Can Assad then please explain how innocent civilians peacefully protesting be classed as terrorists? Can he please explain how children he has killed via his army be called terrorists? Does he shed a single tear for them? I think not!

Who is the “Mohammed” who was telephoned by the New York Times and reported the “massacre” by government forces of 200 persons in the village of Tremseh). Was he an eye witness? Did the reporter try to find other sources?

Two days later, the Times acknowledged that the “massacre of civilians” was more likely a clash between heavily armed Syrian military and lightly armed local fighters, and the death toll was closer to 100, most of them young men...

The pattern in the reporting of the Syrian civil war suggests the opposition (possibly in collaboration with western governments) are trying to manipulate the media. Headlines of increasingly bigger “massacres” of innocent “civilians” and reports of serial defections by regime generals and other officials all tend to give the impression that the opposition is on a roll and the regime is on its last legs. These reports may or may not be accurate, but they should treated with a bit of circumspection.

Libya was the play book for the Obama administration's handling of Syria, and this time, the information war seems to be following the same script. Allegations of mass rapes and distribution of condoms to government soldiers were duly reported by western media during the Libyan campaign, and guess what, allegations of widespread rape by the Syrian regime have just popped up.

www.globalpost.com...

Don't believe the lie!

Oh trust me I am well aware propaganda exists on all sides. It is true of every war that has been fought. However sites like You Tube with camera/video footage are a new medium which does at least lift the veil just a bit. However unless you are on the ground in person you cant know the full extent of what is going on so you make an educated guess using all sorts of different sources and forming your own OPINION of what the situation is like. Rightly or wrongly.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss

Oh my god do you really believe yourself and what you've been told? They have their own central bank for a start and that won't do. They must be linked up to the global financial system of depravity. If Syria does fall, just wait and see what happens to freedom and love and indeed innovation over there......the place will be turned into a living hell, all western backed.

I am well aware of the conspiracies surrounding the banking systems and the Rothchilds/Bilderbergs of this world seeking to monopolise the banking structure. However I was not thinking of that when I wrote my post. I dont think 60,000 Syrians thought about it much either. Certaintly not the children who were killed. I think it is disgraceful that so many people have been killed because of one dictactors refusal to share power and accept change/reform.

Really...?

How is that different when the US and NATO criminals killed millions of innocent and creating more than 8-10 million refugees with their illegal and criminal wars in the past 10-12 years?

Now few 60,000 or even 100,000 to save the ancient and historical country from criminal foreign grave robbers are under the magnifying glass..?

Have you not learnt from the recent history of Libya yet..?

With all due respect, you are full of it

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
DarknStormy my replies to your comments below

Know what, I'm just going to tell you how I see it whether you like it or not.. I'm sick of this "Assad has lost legitimacy" crap yada yada.. First of all, you obviously didn't read the first part of your source properly. If Assad has lost all legitimacy as you claim, why the hell are people even listening to him and chanting his name? This shows me that Syria is behind him and with that I don't know whether you know or not but the majority of Syria are behind him..

And? There are party members in North Korea, Iran, for example that claps their hands like seals and kow tow to the regime. It does not mean that they represent the majority of the people who are not party members.

As for the bombings in Syria, you need to remember that most of the reports coming out of Syria and on to your TV screens cannot be verified. Yes, the SAA are bombing but that doesn't mean they are targeting civilians. Maybe you should take a look at some of the videos of the SAA and what they are doing to ensure civilians are being protected. I can guarantee you that they are more concerned about the civilians than the FSA and their minions are.

And can you provide any empirical evidence of your own? We can only draw from a variety of sources that are available and draw our own opinions and conclusions rightly or wrongly.

3rd - The FSA have been compromised. When he says terrorists, he is correct. It is well known that Extremists are operating in Syria including the likes of Chechnyan rebels, Islamic Extremists to convicted criminals from Saudi Arabia who were previously on death row and let loose only if they went and fought in Syria. Who were you thinking about throwing in power after Assad is ousted? Good luck.

I never said that there were no terrorists in Syria. I am well aware of the fact that there are terrorists situated around the world in places of conflict.

Did you also know that Assad sent a letter to the United nations to be reconised as a country under attack from terrorists? He even sent lists of the groups operating in Syria only for the UN to pretty much turn their noses up at him. The problem is not Assad especially when it can be verified that Syrians alike are taking up arms with the SAA to defend their families and their country. Stop being fed the MSM propaganda. The FSA were a minority when it began and from the reports and footage I have seen, they are still a minority which the Syrian people want eradicated. The FSA never had legitimacy. Countries who don't give a crap about the Syrian people gave them legitimacy.

I never read MSN. I draw my opinions from a variety of sources. And actually Assad IS part of the problem. He is accountable as the country's leader. In his speech he made it clear he will not talk to the opposition. Hardly a postive step towards peace. If Assad had any sense he would seek to bring the Civil War to an end and form a coalition gov that would be inclusive of ALL parties and interests.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The war in Syria is about two ideologies confronting each other....It is about West vs East.America/Nato vs Russia/China,orchestrated by their proxies,Saudi/Qatar and Iran,managed by their proxies Al ciada Wahhabis,Hezbollah who then get contracted desporatos from all over the region to fight the hell out of each other and kill a lot of innocent civilians as a result, all of this just to prove a pathetic point!....This act of barbarism has nothing to do whatsoever with the people of Syria and what they want.....Assad is not the best president in the world,,but he ain't no fool either.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia

Really...?

How is that different when the US and NATO criminals killed millions of innocent and creating more than 8-10 million refugees with their illegal and criminal wars in the past 10-12 years?

Now few 60,000 or even 100,000 to save the ancient and historical country from criminal foreign grave robbers are under the magnifying glass..?

Have you not learnt from the recent history of Libya yet..?

With all due respect, you are full of it

Name calling gets you no respect and shows you have no real arguement. I am aware that NATO and the US have not been saints in Libya or indeed other forays into other Middle East countries. But they are not yet in Syria pe se. Placing missles on the Turkish/Syrian border so far and a war by proxy. But no direct involvement YET. So your arguement is flawed.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Lay off the Turps. Get some rest.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

I don't drink...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You are aware Syria is overwhelmed with terrorists, mainly Al Qaeda? Same thing happened in and continues to this day in Libya. Even the Syrian opposition, the legit opposition, is afraid their cause has been hijacked and taken over by Al Qaeda and other terrorist factions.

Assad is absolutely right, western back terrorists are destroying his country. He's no angel and has done horrible things and I fully agree should be removed but the last thing you want is Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood running the show.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

And? There are party members in North Korea, Iran, for example that claps their hands like seals and kow tow to the regime. It does not mean that they represent the majority of the people who are not party members.

If you were to check out facts that are coming straight from Syria, you would find that the Syrians do not see Assad as a dictator like your Democratic govrnment will tell you. The Syrian people do not see the SAA as a direct threat either, they embrace their presence on the streets because it beats being slaughtered by a bunch of barbarians.

And can you provide any empirical evidence of your own? We can only draw from a variety of sources that are available and draw our own opinions and conclusions rightly or wrongly.

Evidence is not a problem and I will dedicate my next to the evidence I can gather for you.

I never said that there were no terrorists in Syria. I am well aware of the fact that there are terrorists situated around the world in places of conflict.

And because of these terrorists a peaceful country is now in ruins. Yes, Syria was a peaceful country before this BS started.. We should remember that also.

I never read MSN. I draw my opinions from a variety of sources. And actually Assad IS part of the problem. He is accountable as the country's leader. In his speech he made it clear he will not talk to the opposition.

Would your government negotiate with terrorist organisations if they were running rampan in your country, killing your civilians, destroying your infrastructure? Why should Assad negotiate with animals?

Hardly a postive step towards peace. If Assad had any sense he would seek to bring the Civil War to an end and form a coalition gov that would be inclusive of ALL parties and interests.

What we have here is similar to Libya.. Gaddafi was portrayed as a dictator yet the Libyans had one of the highest standards of living in the world. I'm not saying the Syrians have, but I'm sure its not as bad as what the West is telling you. You want to talk about peace, why don't our governments stop funding the extemists in Syria? Wouldn't that be a positive step forward?

edit on 6-1-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Actually my Govt did come to an agreed settlement in Northern Ireland and 30 years of bombing came to an end. Granted that at the moment there is unrest but talks are underway to resolve the issues surrounding flying the flag. So yeah my Govt did eventually sue for peace. Mo Mowland had a lot to do with that being acheived and she gained respect from all sides of the political spectrum in Nothern Ireland with her formidable willpower both politically and with her personal battle against cancer which eventually claimed her life. And yes I have lived through bomb threats both real and hoaxed. Not nice at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Some of you guys are too much. Youre obviously on the anti Assad band wagon because youre believing what the MSM are telling you to believe.
How many of you gave a crap about Assad before all the media coverage?
How about Mubarek in Egypt? He was one of the US's closest allies over the years.
And Gaddaffi, he denounced terrorism, he was taken off the terrorist list and he stopped work on Libyas nuclear ambitions. What did he get out of it?
He got a knife up his butt, (literally) and executed like a dog in the street by those so called freedom fighters.
There is clearly an agenda going on in some ME and North African countries but no one knows for sure what it is or whos behind it.

Again who cared about any of those "dictators" before the MSM told you that you needed to care?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

He caalls opponents of his regieme terrorists? Can Assad then please explain how innocent civilians peacefully protesting be classed as terrorists? Can he please explain how children he has killed via his army be called terrorists?

Can you not say the same for the current US regime/administration? Occupy and other groups that are peaceful have been spied and targeted as terrorists. The US president has killed children (collateral damage and I am sure not on purpose) in other countries with drone attacks, in the name of "terrorism". Does he shed tears? Probably not.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Some of you guys are too much. Youre obviously on the anti Assad band wagon because youre believing what the MSM are telling you to believe.
How many of you gave a crap about Assad before all the media coverage?
How about Mubarek in Egypt? He was one of the US's closest allies over the years.
And Gaddaffi,

The case against Assad was being made before Gaddafi was driven into the hands of rebels and killed, and well before the uprising that brought down Mubarak in Egypt.

Assad has been a target because of his alliance with Iran, and especially because of their mutual defense agreements.

There is much more going on here, you can seek more, learn more, or just take the spoon fed # the mainstream media feeds you. Or develop a bias and absorb the propaganda from the side of your personal choosing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join