It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Quake Swarm Has Started Near Yellowstone Lake!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TA - Don't leave us there!

Read your post in the early hours, back to check it out and...............?

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychoparrot

And?

And I still don't know. Not sure. These signatures continue at B208, and while they are most probably noise, I just don't know.

But I am keeping the ever vigilant eyes on it. The initial swarm, which turned out to be TWO separate swarms, has definitely died down. But if my suspicions are correct and something is stirring down deep, we will probably see the manifestations of that in the next days or weeks ahead- in the form of increasing seismicity at more shallow depths. It takes a long time for surveys to be carried out and analyzed, so if there has been new inflation in the bulge area, we won't know it for some time. Sorry, wish I could provide better answers.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Not only has the swarm died down, but there isn't even normal activity now. My Yellowstone quake map and list has shown nothing, nada, zip, zero quakes for the last seven or eight days. The seven day rolling list has simply died out with nothing new added until there are no quakes in the last seven days to show.

I do not remember ever seeing it this quiet for this long.

Now my question is; has the activity really stopped or have the YVO and the USGS stopped updating the lists I watch???

When I see an area that is normally active go totally silent I start wondering if something big is building or did the recent swarm relieve enough stress to calm things down for a while?

Hopefully it is the latter since even a non super eruption at Yellowstone could be big trouble for the United States and possibly the rest of the world. All we need is a "volcanic winter" to reduce crops and cause worldwide starvation. And with a volcano the size of Yellowstone, it doesn't take a super eruption to cause a volcanic winter.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Isthisthingon.org/yellowstone/daythumbs.php

Hope this can help you. Puterman has a great site with tons of great information. You can get that from his signature.

edit on 15-1-2013 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Your Link is not working.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
link

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by crappiekat

Your Link is not working.

Thank you Anmarie96. I didn't know what the heck I was doing wrong

Capital Y

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hmm, well nothing earth shattering or anything...But....We just got an estimated 2.2 to 2.5 or so quake right near the bulge in the lake (inflated plain), with first arrivals at B208. I can't be sure of exact location yet until reports come in. But it's somewhere close to there. It was followed up by a 2nd very small quake... Got the eyes on it...will report if activity increases...

EDIT: You can see it here:
www.iris.edu...

That might be more, maybe a 3.0

But anyway, yep...

EDIT2: Hmm, just got another 1.5 to 2.0 or so double tap signature...refresh that plot above linked...
edit on Sat Feb 9th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by garrett5462

Shhh dont give our secrets away and make others want to come here. *lol*

Thanks for the updates op. You are right not as strong as the last go around,
but the charts are showing definite activity.

At least it was not at the lake, that is a good thing, that bulge has had enough
going on around it in the past.
I know some day this is going to go, and where i live will be under about 14' of the ash
and debris but i just hope its not in my life time or the kids.
But, not much ya can do about it, its the risk you take to enjoy what we do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join