OW, that new orange/red banner hurts my eyes. Make it stop.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LightWarrior11

OW. I just logged back on. Yes, a deep to mid-green would be nice. I toasted some bread over this off-flame orange just by holding it up to my computer screen, and darned if that didn't work.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
ATS....50 shades of grey with an orange hat on, love it

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Yeah, I suppose if I think Halloween I'll get used to it. Better to put a pumpkin face there or something to halloween it up a little more.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
its not ' orange ' .

They re showing you the New Dawn , right under your noses ,
which starts in a couple of weeks.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I don't like the orange color either. I might save myself some trouble and just not visit ATS for a while.

There are other things I can do that won't hurt my eyes.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Are there a certain amount of posts you need to make all the ads go away? I recall reading that certain things drop off the more posts you have. Is there a "nirvana point" where only threads live among the angels, and we don't see the flashes?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I like it orange

I amazes me how people can complain about banner colors when is so much going on in our nation in the world and with our lives

We truly live in the land of the vain.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I like it orange

I amazes me how people can complain about banner colors when is so much going on in our nation in the world and with our lives

We truly live in the land of the vain.

OW! You post hurts my vain eyes. But seriously, we can say the same about anything. Even writing a post here is time spent that could be spent housing the homeless, feeding the hungry, and wooing the women. You like it orange, so it's fine for you, but it is bright, although halloweeney. Thanks for the insult, meant in total kindness and taken that way.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
It really comes down to this: ATS is paid for by advertising and if you don't like it - bugger off

Who are you to tell anyone to bugger off? Unless you are the sock puppet of one of the owners, maybe you should keep your mouth shut.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I thought it was some tribute to some football game yesterday.

What's with the goofy looking .....what is that?...otter? Raccoon?
Who or what is tldrstuff.com?

Since when are they advertising on such a blatant and big-scale basis?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Actually I was planning to start my post with something like yours

I was going to complain on how much it offended me other peoples complain and hurt my eyes.

You won, I salud you.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It really comes down to this: ATS is paid for by advertising and if you don't like it - bugger off

Disinfo agent much?

Most of us already know ATS is propaganda paid for by the powerful lobby of the Dorkians and Rubbernians from Ugopatamia, 5th planet in the Zeta Reticuli Star System.

The orange was chosen to desensitize us to their God-awful orange skin color.

The arrival is upon us, fellow earthlings head to nearest bunker!! Ignore the orange!!!!

Peace

PS: The orange side bars do not bother me too much. I really don't care what color it is.....
edit on 7-1-2013 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thank you! And look, at least for the moment it seems to be gone, and the top is blue and dark blue again. Soothing, cool, and lulling me to sleep. Where is the screaming orange when you need it!!! Thanks ATS, for hearing all of us give voice to our minor pain.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Sorry about the spelling mistakes I rely on my spell check too much and sometimes it just doesn't work for me, I mean Salute

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

i half screenshots ah dat n it has da squre and compiss stirrin rit uh pat ya big and pretty. subliminal messagin i have no clue. but one thing is four sure, if i was not a paranoid skits o, i would have never found it. i am trying to figure out how to upload them from my playstation.
edit on 7-1-2013 by lucifer6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm glad to see the irritating orange gone. I was wondering if it was some kind of orange red alert system and the ATS alarm system had been activated.

I never expected it to disappear so fast. Thanks. I will resume visiting and posting.

I'm not sure why but orange and red backgrounds seem to irritate me lately. My work computer temporarily had a red background that irritated me like crazy but I was able to change it even though one of the IT managers didn't think I should have been able to.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by th2356

Who are you to tell anyone to bugger off? Unless you are the sock puppet of one of the owners, maybe you should keep your mouth shut.

LOL. I am merely a member who has seen this same whinging thread come and go a million times - and the answer is always the same: This is a privately owned website and if you don't like it go somewhere else.

It's not brain surgery mate, it's quite simple to understand.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

LOL. I am merely a member who has seen this same whinging thread come and go a million times - and the answer is always the same: This is a privately owned website and if you don't like it go somewhere else.

It's not brain surgery mate, it's quite simple to understand.

It is also a website that depends upon its members for all the content they provide, without any costs for the owners. So maybe telling people to bugger off every time they voice their negative opinion about something isn't such a great idea either. It sure as hell isn't respectful towards the people who actually keep the platform for ads and ad income for the owners alive.

That is not brain surgery either.

Mate.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by th2356

ATS is unique on the internet, I challenge you to find a similar forum anywhere.

So yes, if they don't like it.............off to buggery with them

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The new changes to the TLDR banner are awesome. I understand what it is in one glance, its colorfully attractive without being overpowering, and the mascot almost makes sense. I got up out of bed to use my laptop so i could see it in its full glory. Who ever came up with the changes, give them a raise.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join