It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MASS STABBING IN ATLANTA ! Mainstream Media Silent.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Mass Stabbing not good enough to hit mainstream media but Mass gunning is?

This was quoted via wsbtv news source.

6 people stabbed during Tuesday morning fight ATLANTA — Six people were stabbed during a fight that happened at about 3 a.m. Tuesday, police said. A driver on North Avenue at Freedom Parkway called 911 to report she was attempting to drive multiple stabbing victims to a local hospital, an Atlanta police official told the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Police learned the fight happened in the 200 block of Gibson St. in Atlanta's Reynoldstown area. Witnesses at the scene said Luke Odonodan, 19, who has been charged with five counts of aggravated assault, was involved with an argument with another man prior to stabbing him with a knife.

read more at source

Was this news you heard about?

edit on 6-1-2013 by JonPrice because: Double Tap

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I bet if he used a gun upto 6 of them would be dead.
You are right though should be reported.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
If it was a shooting someone would have died. Just proves that it is much more difficult to kill someone with a knife.
Disarming the public won't help though, because the bad guys can't be disarmed through legislature.
edit on
edit on 6-1-2013 by 4lk4tr43 because: repetition
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JonPrice

I'd say it didn't hit mainstream media because no one is dead.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
This SHOULD be reported, because it perfectly illustrates how much more difficult it is to kill without a gun. Thanks for the story and link.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Probably because it was a fight (so a lot different) and no one died. I wouldn't say it was a mass stabbing.

Good job it wasn't a gun!
edit on 6-1-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
It happened the week before, in Norcross, as well. Was gang related. I was at work (in a hospital brain and spine center) when the trauma calls started coming in. We got 6, I believe, but 2 if I am not mistaken. The last I heard about it before going home that morning was that police were still in a stand-off.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This hit the news in Australia.

It is a wonder it wasn't reported on the MSM in the US.

I agree with the other posters, the same guy with a firearm would have probably done far worse damage.

Cue "gun nut" to post how this is fabricated by libs in 3 ........2.........1..........

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Knife or Gun, I think what really matters was this guys intention to do harm with a sharp thingy & put a hole into somebody's body, I can honestly say if this guy had a gun he would pulled the trigger the same way he forced friction using his knife upon someone else. From a distance a gun will beat the best trained martial artist of any style.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Ha!!... going by most of the above replies, you've shot yourself in the foot there fella - pun intended.

The 2nd amendment is fast becomming for the gun advocates of the US, their own worst enemy.

edit on 6-1-2013 by Perhaps because: add

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

The idea that no one died is irrelevant.

The perpetrator intended to do harm, murder if possible. How much longer does it take to inflict a mortal wound, a second?

Anyone who thinks that "guns" are the problem is typical of a mind set which looks to blame someone else or something else rather than taking individual responsibility.

There are individuals in our society who have a propensity to commit violence, regardless of their means.

Theres plenty of examples. Take drinking. If someone gets drunk, gets into a car and kills someone, do we blame the car, the alcohol or the individual? The "take no responsibility for yourself" crowd would blame the car or the alcohol...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Indeed i did shoot myself in the foot but once the trigger was pulled a flag came out of the guns end and had the words Bang? pun intended? are you sure my friend?

But yes i agree with the 2nd amendment statement.

edit on 6-1-2013 by JonPrice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I think people are trying to say that guns make to so much easier for you to kill someone, you can do it at range and quick. Also it makes it less personal like Leon said a knife makes it more personal.
If I was made to kill someone and had to pick a weapon I would choose a gun. (Hope to Bod Iam never made to kill anyone btw)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   

edit on 6-1-2013 by Perhaps because: Deleted - inappropriate reply.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps

Originally posted by JonPrice
reply to post by Perhaps

Indeed i did shoot myself in the foot but once the trigger was pulled a flag came out of the guns end and had the words Bang? pun intended? are you sure my friend?

That's a poor attempt at damage control dude... I was hoping for a more challenging response than that - oh by the way, do you always befriend strangers over the net that easily??

... and no, the MSM wasn't silent - I read about it earlier today in Oz... so there you go fella.

Do i sense a vibe of being offended from a what my response was to you? Please i am only here to just pass on messages to the ATS community, You may have heard it but if you slightly scroll up to "DaTroof"s comment he was not aware of this news so on he thanked me. As many of us ATS members do here to share news around. I am not here to challenge you as why would i?? I had no intention to befriend you so come here and shake my hand you big balloon
. You deserve a star.

GodBless & Blizz

edit on 6-1-2013 by JonPrice because: Double Tap Him On The Head.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

MASS STABBING IN ATLANTA ! Mainstream Media Silent.,

It seems well covered to me dude

examiner.com
wrlb.com
11alive.com
fox.com

... not quite sure what you were expecting from the media??
edit on 6-1-2013 by Perhaps because: fix link

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Okay you win the challenge.

You wanna cookie now?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Perhaps

Out of fair honesty

I am talking about Mainstream media (MSM) those media disseminated via the largest distribution channels

Such as mainstream media would include ABC, NBC, CBS, New York Times, USA Today, institutions that have the largest viewers and espouse the same point of view.

It seems well covered to me dude examiner.com wrlb.com 11alive.com fox.com ... not quite sure what you were expecting from the media??

Don't try and belittle this subject "Perhaps" as quoted by example from a follow ATS member..

Originally posted by DaTroof
This SHOULD be reported, because it perfectly illustrates how much more difficult it is to kill without a gun. Thanks for the story and link.

I am referring this to be illustrated in MSM to reach more of a larger audience, *Perhaps* i am not meaning non-MSM.. anyways you get the message.'

By the way next time you do research I'd advice you to write the correct link name when linking source.

Example you wrote:

Fox.com not myfoxtampabay.com

edit on 6-1-2013 by JonPrice because: Double Tap

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Nah, they can't ban knives and the US Gov't isn't afraid of a population armed with said knives, so no it will not be main stream news. The US Gov't would love for its citizens to bring knives to their gun fight.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Hm, then there is a case that if the victims were carrying guns then likely as not they wouldn't have got stabbed
Knife wielding nutters certainly make me more inclined to feel safer if I had a gun on me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join