It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ Major copies Gestapo tactics on guncontrol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Corey Booker, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey, pitches a $1,000 CASH reward for residents who report gun owners to police.

He want's the resident to spy and report on each other just like Hitlers Gestapo, encouraged the public to stab each other in the back. In this way Gestapo received information from regular germans who were quick to denounce eachother. Those who criticized the Nazi's faced concentration camps and death. If suspected, your family and friends could also expect investigation – not just you. Using this policy of fear, the Nazis managed to stop freedom of speech and expression. Everyone had to go along with Nazi policy – or face the consequences.....

He may not put you to death or a concentrationcamp, but how about a big fine and/or jailtime? Have a look at this video, isent Major Corey using fear here to make you snoop on your neighbour, so that he's policeforce can come and raid your home sponsored by your own taxmoney against your constitution?

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." - US 2nd Amendment

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors." - Article II Section 4, The Constitution of the United States of America

In 1936, the Gestapo Law meant that the activities of the Gestapo were free from any review by courts of law. This law effectively meant that the Gestapo became a law unto themselves........Is the "gunbgrabbing poleticians" not doing the same with this suggestion?

edit on 6-1-2013 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This seems familiar... oh yeah, it's a repeat of every single corrupt power structure that has ever ruled over others. Familiar as it is though, this is probably the scariest thread I've seen on ATS in a long time. 1000 dollars is alot of money, and I'm sure the ensuing deluge of rats willing to turn in their family and neighbors for a healthy chunk of change will be a raging success.
Gestapo, Homeland Security, Stazi... we really didn't learn a damned thing in the last 10 thousand years or so.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

I watched it a couple of times to let it sink in.....

He said "carrying" a gun.....not so much who owned one. But stressed "carry"....[will listen again]

So maybe he's more or less trying to crack down on the gang bangers....

They are the ones more apt to carry for "protection" [illegal weapon more than likely]
Plus the people near them would give their right arm for $1,000
[That would buy a lot of dope...]

Any way, that's the impression I got.
But as weird as every one is getting about guns, I'm not so sure.

ETA: At the 25 sec mark, he mentions "small group of people walking around with guns" so hopefully he is referring to the thugs and not the law abiding citizens.

edit on 6-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

That is very likely and bright idea too, the only problem about it is that this is not just a step towards totalitarisme.... it is one of the big leaps towards the abyss.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mimir

Yea mayor just head on down to the Bing.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
The semantics don't really matter IMO, this is a city official asking people to turn in others for money... assumably payable in tax dollars that would normally pay law enforcement their mushrooming budgets and equipment to do this. It's just wrong.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Here's the thing, In Jersey 99.9% of the population aren't CCW Permit holders because Jersey is a "May Issue" state. The Mayor is talking about people "Walking around with guns" basically thugs. If you live in another part of the country, you won't understand the gun culture here.

This has nothing to do with the 2nd ammendment, it sounds bad but anyone that has enough Juice to get a CCW in Jersey wouldn't be hanging around Newark.

This is actually a good Idea, It gives incentive for people in the hood to turn thugs in. This isn't your neighborhood and these aren't honest tax paying citizens exercising their 2nd amendment rights. It's like if someone robbed your house, and EVERYONE saw it and knows who did it, none of them would report it to the police , much less speak to them. This is a city where people walk around wearing "Stop Snitchin" T-Shirts.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Sound like Denmark where only criminals got acces to projectileweapons, unless you been through a lengthy approval period that takes years to complete. Even after you get a permit you are not allowed to carry here.

I have to repeat myself this is such a big leap in the wrong direction, that i got a hard time approving the idea. If it does stop brutal criminals fine.....but what happens when this idea spread's? Could'nt this make the hood even more dangerous?....Now the "gangsters" see everyone as a potential backstabber.

We disagree on the definition of "snitching". If you see a burgler breaking into your neighbours home and tell police your a witness not a snitch. If you got some insideinfo from someone who believe you could be trusted before submitting the info and then you go tell the police you'r a snitch.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

assumably payable in tax dollars that would normally pay law enforcement their mushrooming budgets and equipment to do this. It's just wrong.

Good point brought up.....

Taxpayers money????
Wasteful spending????

What better way to lure people except through bribery.
Encourage snitches to come out of the woodwork too.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

You are incorrect.

This is an attempt to take all guns from all people.

Are you trying to tell us that the Police can't stop thugs? If the Police can't stop thugs then who can? Why can't the Police arrest thugs, the courts sentence thugs to death, and the State eradicate thugs? Why are thugs released onto the streets to terrorize law abiding citizens? Do you mean to say that laws do not work? Or do you mean to say that you and others like you believe in taking all guns away from all people?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

That is the big problem, ideas like this looks good in the beginning, like inventing fire but quickly såreads and becomes a brushfire that threatens you'r home or life.

Here is a documentary about the Gestapo for those who dont know what it is. It starts like this:
"First they came for the Jews and I was silent for I was not a Jew."
"Then they came for the communists, again i said nothing for i was not a communist."
"Then the came for the Roman catholic , The trade unionists and for the man at the industry."
"Once more I did not protest for I was none of these."
"At last they came for me and by then there was noone left to stand up on my behalf."

Once you reach 13 minuts it gets really scary, shows you how the Hitler Jugend was trained to snitch on their own familes.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I was just about to post a thread saying that all the goverment will have to do is issue a cash reward or another incentive to out your neighbor for having a gun, prepping, talks against the goverment, and the like. 99.9% of people would sell out their own family for a candy bar so I don't have any faith left for America.

JAK

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This topic is already available for discussion here: Please visit the above link for further comment and discussion.

ATS Search

top topics

join