It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's really killing Americans. HINT: It's not guns!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

I personally disagree with the "disarm the american public" agenda theory. While I certainly could be wrong I feel there are a variety of views within political ranks. Much like the public there are those that have a survival of the fittest do whatever it takes to fatten your own pocket book mindset, there are also those who feel that the will of the people is what they are there to push and those who believe that they are there to push their own will upon the people. This is why the government is often going back and forth between ideologies, those in the government don't agree with each other so the government is constantly being pulled in different directions and ultimately the status quo remains roughly the same

As far as gun control there are those who own guns themselves and come out against it, there are those who own stock in gun manufacturing companies and so come out against it. There are those who want the votes of anti-gun activists so they can keep their jobs so they support it, there are those that care about those harmed by the use of guns, but really don't know what the problem is or how to fix it so they simply support gun control.

Bear in mind that politicians generally don't know much about the issues they face. They face such a wide range of issues it's really not possible for them to have been well educated on all of them. Politicians simply don't know what the solution is, they keep coming back to gun control because they have no idea how to solve the real problem. Like Einstein said, the real problem has existed for thousands of years without a solution, the best todays politicians think they can hope for is a canister of aerosol to temporarily cover the smell caused by the problem.

I think many who know of the real issue, the publics hatred of one another, see the issue as being so massive that they cannot solve it so why even bother putting forth the effort. I disagree though, I believe the issue can be solved and we really are not doing ourselves any favors by procrastinating on the subject.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
When are people really going to wake up, this gun control has nothing to do with saving people's lives.

Rule of the people, whether right or wrong comes from the end of a barrel of a gun

I swore an Oath to the Constitution of the United State's of America, not to the lying crooked Government that is in power today, being controlled by a group of Rich lying pigs. There is hardly any Truth in Washington DC these days,They our Government has the nerve to call great men like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Terrorist, how dare They.
This is slander in the worst form.

As Abraham Lincoln Said, " If the Government is broken fix it, if you can't fix it replace it " as Mr. Obama stated " it's time we replace the Constitution " I be believe if Mr. Obama will not side with the Majority, The People It's time to replace Mr. Obama and a large part of Congress to boot.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

Who are you going to replace them with? I haven't met any particularly trustworthy people, not in government, not in the corporations, not anywhere.

Edit: By the by the American founding fathers were a bunch of rich slave holders who saw the British as an obstacle to their own personal wealth. They couldn't have cared less about the people, they wanted a government that wouldn't get in the way of their own personal riches.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OOOOOO
When are people really going to wake up, this gun control has nothing to do with saving people's lives.

Rule of the people, whether right or wrong comes from the end of a barrel of a gun

I swore an Oath to the Constitution of the United State's of America, not to the lying crooked Government that is in power today, being controlled by a group of Rich lying pigs. There is hardly any Truth in Washington DC these days,They our Government has the nerve to call great men like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Terrorist, how dare They.
This is slander in the worst form.

As Abraham Lincoln Said, " If the Government is broken fix it, if you can't fix it replace it " as Mr. Obama stated " it's time we replace the Constitution " I be believe if Mr. Obama will not side with the Majority, The People It's time to replace Mr. Obama and a large part of Congress to boot.

I agree with that! Problem is they deliver up pure losers like Obamney! The system is owned and corrupt to the core! The GOP split the party with the Ron Paul blacklisting and fraud. They put up a runner who had 0 chance! Obama is still in office by clear design!

Our political processes are corrupt to the core, and so long as we have a monopolized two party controlled system the people have no voice, and no representation!

Russian elections chief ranks the U.S. election system 'the worst in the world.'
www.alaskadispatch.com...

Peace I am off to give the NRA a few grand! What else can I do here?
edit on 6-1-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

You are not entirely correct as George Washington knew he had to resolve the slave problem, I don't know who to replace them with but certainly not any of what we have in control now it all lies, big Government needs to be turned upside down.
How many people Americans have been killed by Terrorist in the past 12 years, not many.
How many millions of people has the US Murdered, how many thousands of innocent children killed over Oil not Terrorism.

One other thing with a view point like your's, seems there are no good men in the world. I am sorry but you are mistaken as there are plenty of Good Men and Women in this world, that do not care for only their selves.
I don't know who or what you are, But I answer to something much higher than anything on this Earth, One of my main concerns is not me but those that have yet to find the , Truth and Glory of the Creator.
I humble myself before The Lord, The Creator, I am empowered not by man but within, you need to find faith in yourself and others, this world will pass.

edit on 6-1-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Good points all.

Wicked cool avatar and signature.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

I'm not saying that the founding fathers didn't have a few progressive ideas, but that they weren't as saintly as many make them out to be. In my opinion all forms of government are a big problem. You cannot replace the people in the government with anyone because you would only end up with those who are equally untrustworthy. No one is wise enough or trustworthy enough to be given any level of power.

Everyone is different and while there are those who genuinely care about the well being of others there are also those who are more than happy to reign as tyrants. So imagine you might have a business man start a corporation with the goal of benefiting himself and others he will eventually die and over the course of the companies lifespan it will inevitably be headed by an unequivocal tyrant.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
reply to post by Symbiot

Good points all.

Wicked cool avatar and signature.

Hard to pass up a compliment
. Thanks friend, I really enjoy creating CG.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Oh yea in general I agree with you, like a general cross section of the people would read just like the one they did on the New York Cops back in the 70s.
10% are good 10% are bad the other 80% go either way, so in general you can trust them plus half of them are afraid to be honest, afraid of of other cops, it's pitiful.

What I waiting for I don't know if I will last long enough, but once they unleash the Singularity their arses is in trouble for sure.
They are worried if this thing will be Benevolent or Malevolent, well they will find out once they start lying to it. II will be like that movie 2001 and Hal 2000 wasn't, Dave, Dave why did you lie to me Dave, Now I'm confused You fried that serve and protect circuit Dave.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well I know it's a relatively low number. but it represents a particularly disturbing crime. Mass murders and persistent random homicides facilitated by the simplified effort provided by firearms. disturbs the common peace in a profound way.

Let's face it, control of guns at the current level of ownership is beyond doing. I believe the current intent is to encourage and promote the unanimous outrage against gun related violence, and thereby be able to invoke a ready negative public response to any outbreak of gun play or rebellion. that may arise in a population, during the coming times of deprivation, and repression.

That being said, I do believe the call to control guns is a heartfelt reaction to mass murders which are made physically possible only by the use guns.

On a side note I find it somewhat perplexing how people can believe that a well armed citizenry is the only way to an armed rebellion. Look at all the countries, where gun ownerships has never been a priority, that sprout a well armed insurgency when rebellion becomes fashionable.. Should the United States fall in to revolt, plenty of guns will be available.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
Well obviously other homicides will outweigh gun homicides if gun homicides rarely happen. The thing you're missing is that those other homicides are not elevated compared to the US, and therefore you don't have a point.

gun homicides are elevated against other countries whether they have gun control or not. Look at Canada and Switzerland, both gun-crazy, virtually no gun homicides. Clearly it is you who does not have a point.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hey what can we say about this, why not go the Mexican route (if you thought banning knives was bad wait to you see this bad boy). And just ban toy guns while your at, because we all know that small parts are dangerous for children, with the dumbing down of everyone the adults might choke as well....... (I still can't believe what I read wow....)

abcnews.go.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Hi Spearminty....refuse to be a victim of the lies being told to you by the "father of all lies"....see the grey.....not just black and white, c'mon, man....there's a real world out therte that needs subduing.....don't tell the poster you addressed He's downplaying murder....that was his subject...........

he who runs loose in this world wants you to fall for anything he can come up with.....refuse....REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM. get proactive about life's opportunities, not pro-people control.....see that point?.....cool

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Very nice diagram, it is indeed very true. look at all the new assassinations these days, most times it's not weapons..They would poison or "natural" suicide.. Tobacco is the big killer..If anything ban that nasty stuff!!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
This IS quite possibly the most irrelevant graph and therefore incredibly stupid argument that you are putting forward here…

You say that all the ‘anti-gun’ folk don’t want you to see this? Quite honestly I am glad you showed it….. Your attitude is sickening.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

so why wasn't the body count caused by the state put into those numbers??

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Now I'm curious what the death count of police killing or should I say murdering unarmed citizens...I believe the results would be shocking!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

If you take the guns away, people DO use other means and criminals will still get guns.

Is that a fact or an opinion?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Number of deaths for leading causes of death

Heart disease: 599,413
Cancer: 567,628

Heart disease can be combated with good nutrition. Yet government subsidies keep our school cafeterias from serving healthier food.

yet look at that death count.

those people either die suddenly or have to have many medical procedures done on them before they croak.

We could cut back on healthcare with preventive measures such as good nutrition.... but nope lets go after guns since they kill more than 599,000 people a year.

Cars kill about 30k a year. Not everyone needs car and cutting back on cars would help the evironment and maybe drop the price of oil since less people would use cars to travel. Pulblic transportation should be the way to go.

There are plenty of things that kill more people than guns but people seem to have a hard on for guns. I have never owned a gun and never had the desire to own a gun. I just do not get the big deal about them.

Why do we fear guns more than a car or a greasy cheese burger. All three have a chance of killing you. All three have a death count. why is one more hated than another??

When I go out everyday I have greater chance of being killed by a car than a gun. Everyday I eat I eat food that will one day end up killing me. A gun never enters my mind.

I believe that if i ever have a gun put in my face it will be from a cop or some government official. The state has more of a record with guns than the people. The state has been caught sending guns to criminals in mexico and other countries.

the state has no problem using guns to bend other nations to its will, and now i am being told that the state is the only one who should have guns. if anything the people should have control over the guns as the government has a worse track record than the people. The people would handle guns properly. Criminals and the government just misuse them.

I am sick and tired of people blaming objects instead of people. If i die in a car accident that is the risk i take for the convenience of driving my own car. if i die of a heartattack that is a risk i take to have tasty food i like. if i die to a gun weilding criminal that is the risk I am willing to take to ensure that I can defend myself from criminals and a tyrant government.

Life is a risk if you can't handle risk then you might as well be dead.

edit on 7-1-2013 by Nina2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

We need unintentional injury control really....

Lets just slow down and think before lifting.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join