It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian And Pakistani Forces Are Engaging Each Other In Across Border Skimishes/Shelling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
In the disputed Kasmir region both countries are heavily engaged in cross border shelling and skimishes..

Both sides have a very huge hatred for one another so could easily escalate.. Both sides also have nuclear weapons so.. Even though they have had similar incidents in the past.. It is best to keep an eye on it..

Also.. This incident is still ongoing.. Thus is pretty unprecidented..

Lets hope cooler heads prevail..

Link

The Pakistani military is accusing forces from neighboring India of crossing the boundary between the two sides' forces in Kashmir and attacking a Pakistani border post on Jan. 6, 2013.
Both claim the region as their own. A 2003 cease-fire ended the most recent round of fighting. - AP

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Pakistani Forces Fire with their Mortars and the Indian Team Fire with their Small Arms..and Reportedly one death from Pakistan ..Pakistan always Breaching the LoC and the Indian Army gives the Price

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
70 years ago India was partitioned to allow Muslims their sovereign "Islamic" nation of Pakistan (means pure-land or something like that, right?)

Last I checked, Obama is taking on Afghanistan and Pakistan together thru his "Afpak" war. It's an ethnic cleansing war on wiping out Talibans in Afghanistan and Pashtuns in Pakistan.

I really dont see Pakistan taking on gripes from the west (US) and east(India) simultaneously unless it wants to be a short-lived country no even reaching a century.

History's made it obvious thru radioactive skeletons in Mohendro-daro of what could happen (again?) Nuclear holocaust between Pakistan-India locally and in the foreground, China US Russia, too.

How will it end? These artifacts may be a peek into our future -- if those in power dont care to change it

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SajeevJino

WW1 was started over less.. Lets hope things calm down

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Unfortunately... As you are probably aware.. History has a tendency to repeat itself.. May this be the exception to the rule..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SajeevJino
Pakistani Forces Fire with their Mortars and the Indian Team Fire with their Small Arms..and Reportedly one death from Pakistan ..Pakistan always Breaching the LoC and the Indian Army gives the Price

Just because an Indian official says it, doesn't make it true. We all know about what the Indians have been doing to Kashmiris. My best guess is this is a lie.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
And pakistan thumping india in the cricket can't be helping

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
70 years ago India was partitioned to allow Muslims their sovereign "Islamic" nation of Pakistan (means pure-land or something like that, right?)

Last I checked, Obama is taking on Afghanistan and Pakistan together thru his "Afpak" war. It's an ethnic cleansing war on wiping out Talibans in Afghanistan and Pashtuns in Pakistan.

I really dont see Pakistan taking on gripes from the west (US) and east(India) simultaneously unless it wants to be a short-lived country no even reaching a century.

History's made it obvious thru radioactive skeletons in Mohendro-daro of what could happen (again?) Nuclear holocaust between Pakistan-India locally and in the foreground, China US Russia, too.

How will it end? These artifacts may be a peek into our future -- if those in power dont care to change it

I doubt anyone would use nuclear weapons, pakistan is riding Chinas back, while india is allied with USA in many ways. The world can't afford industrial countries to go to war.

Its just a skirmish.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

The level of hatred these countries have for one another?? Try calling an Indian a Paki and see what happens lol... I would not rule anything out.. The treaty they signed is now out the window.. Plus they are losing the cricket... I know that sounds moronic.. But it REALLY is a religion there..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I know a lot of indians and they hate pakistanis as well. They have been going tit for tat on the kashmir border for years. Personally i like the indians, They work hard and have respect where as pakistanis are freeloaders and have no respect for anyone else. There was a riot not far off where i live a few years ago because india played pakistan at cricket. So yes that has its own religion!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The wild card is going to be China.. Whats not commoly known is China also controls a part of Kashmir. They have remained, for the most part, out of this back and forth.

However when 2 nuclear armed nations start slugging it out on their border they are going to become involved.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

From personal experience I agree with your sentiments regarding Indians and Pakistanis.. There is definitely a big difference between the two.. Indians are very hard working and intigrate.. Whist Pakistanis segregate themselves and sorry.. Am involved in some shady stuff..

I remember a few years ago I was in an Indian owned shop.. The guy in front of me was under the influence of something and made the mistake of calling this Sikh owner a "stupid Paki"... The response was quick and consisted of the idiot having his face rearanged to the tune of "Im not a fkn Paki.. Im Indian British mofo"...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The wild card is going to be China.. Whats not commoly known is China also controls a part of Kashmir. They have remained, for the most part, out of this back and forth.

However when 2 nuclear armed nations start slugging it out on their border they are going to become involved.

I agree... China has a lot invested in the area.. And is probably why the world has largely ignored the human rights abuses on the locals..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How about this; I don't like most Indians or Pakistani's. Both Countries are full of emotive, hard core religious people. I don't like those kind of people as they have proven themselves to be a real pain in the arse. Hell most of India is still learning how to use a toilet......

Personally I think the world would be a better place if both those countries turned into a sea of glass. Not advocating nuking them but I would not cry for anyone except those downrange of the fallout. The only real bummer is that some of the Indian girls are flat out stunning, till they age......

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by kykweer

The level of hatred these countries have for one another?? Try calling an Indian a Paki and see what happens lol... I would not rule anything out.. The treaty they signed is now out the window.. Plus they are losing the cricket... I know that sounds moronic.. But it REALLY is a religion there..

Try calling a pAKISTANI A PAKI AND THE uk ERS WILL DESCEND ON YOU WITH CRYS OF RACIST!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
How about this; I don't like most Indians or Pakistani's. Both Countries are full of emotive, hard core religious people. I don't like those kind of people as they have proven themselves to be a real pain in the arse. Hell most of India is still learning how to use a toilet......

Personally I think the world would be a better place if both those countries turned into a sea of glass. Not advocating nuking them but I would not cry for anyone except those downrange of the fallout. The only real bummer is that some of the Indian girls are flat out stunning, till they age......

Why so much hate ?
Racist ?
Ignorance ?
Puberty ?
Poor immigration policies in the UK ?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pillock

Neither, I have done business with both.......... Oh and the entire toilet thing? Completely true. Who bought the shirt made of gold? An Indian.

I give em all a chance but I have had better luck buying crack in the hood than I have had doing business with them.
Okay just kidding about the crack, but I swear it will be a cold day in a hot place before I think either country is developed any sense of humanity. These people sell their own kids for craps sake....

top topics

join