It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Rebels Praise Bin Laden, Celebrate 9/11 Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   

"If they call me a terrorist I will consider it an honor"

Shouldn't these Syrian Rebels be more focused on winning a war within their country then spewing anti-American propaganda?
edit on 6-1-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
If their celebrating 9-11 shouldnt they be praising the US or Israeli governments

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Exactly

They would be!

... IF Nato/US DESTABILIZATION in the entire region (Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya) weren't so obvious!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I wonder what the White house line will be this time for why the Free Syrian Army really didn't mean this...or it wasn't actually them...or it was really really just a faction that doesn't represent them all? Carney has to have something good. I'd think the reporters in the White House would still have the professional curiosity to ask about it?

Ummm... If anyone ever doubted these aren't the ones to be supporting? Well... They do have a way of speaking for themselves here, don't they? I'm getting the impression the people in that region are building a future by using us....but it's a future we'll not be invited to share in their neighborhood anyway. Perhaps we ought to just wish them well and cut all support 100%...before we actually end up giving the weapons to the same people who use them directly against us? This is totally insane. I don't suggest the US support Assad, but who said we have to support anyone? This isn't our fight. It never was.

Sunni's closely affiliated with the FSA are also pushing hard against the Baghdad Government to either break away similar to the Kurds for a quasi-state within a state. It was all for nothing and now we watch our own Gov't kowtow to who our troops were fighting and being killed by for 10 years. Insane!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Aren’t the US/West on record as funding and arming these ‘rebels’? Makes one wonder...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well this was from an AJ article that claimed these were Obama-backed rebels but with so much hearsay about who arms who it's hard to know

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I don't want to sound rude but what have people been doing for the last year? Its obvious that extremists are operating in Syria and our governments are happily funding them. I don't know whether the people in the video are Syrian or what but if you have been studying Syria this really shouldn't come as a surprise. Remember not long ago these same rebels were threatening to destroy Jerusalem after they took control of Syria. That was months ago. Elements have acquired chemical agents which they have been using whilst blaming the SAA.

People need to stop taking the MSM for granted.. Its not hard to see that the West have shot themselves in the foot with the Syria crisis. Not only are we trying to get rid of one accused dictator, we are creating a new enemy which is going to give us more problems down the track and a lot more problems than Assad ever would of.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Gun Nuts claim they need to keep their guns to protect themselves from a tyrannical government, yet won't do nothing about funds going to people who hate you, and a government that can kill you without trial.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Yet another no-win scenario.There are no good guys to back here.Let us and NATO withdraw.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I hope this isn't like the stock footage of Pallestinians allegedly celebrating the 9-11 attacks that turned out to be complete and utter crap they used to villify those people in the American minds. I stopped watching the 'news' years ago, and I was amazed at who and what I just didn't really care about anymore. I started noticing things like potholes in the road that needed fixed and why the local schools couldn't afford paper rather than funding the overthrow of foriegn governments, it was like I took an intellectual bath and washed layer after layer of this kind of crap away and never looked back.

Oh yeah, and as always, follow the money..
The Real Deal With Syria
edit on 6-1-2013 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

It would be nice to get the translation confirmed because anyone could use that footage and add some ridiculous captions. If my flags are correct, they are definetly FSA supporters. The question is, whether they are saying what the video is showing..

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Oh come on! Some of you guys sound surprised? Enemy of my enemy is my friend! The Assad regime has been a thorn in the side of the West for the longest. They saw these protests ratcheting up over a year ago, and put their money on any of the horses in the race. The guys and gals in Washington saw the iron grip of a tyrant loosening, and found their way to get involved without fullscale military involvement.

These proxy wars have been going on for years, and I don't see them stopping anytime soon. Although, direct involvement by the US with these rebels has been for the most part unsubstantiated and unconfirmed. However, they seem to be getting support from somewhere?

I find it hard to believe a bunch of ragtag rebels could be holding out as long as they have against a highly mechanized force, with air support, and a professionally trained army. That is just me though. However, it has been done before in the Afghan/Soviet conflict of the eighties. So, it proves it can be done, but it takes a helping hand from a big brother if you will. Without material support and weaponry from a major power this insurgency would have been snuffed out before it even started. On the bright side, at least the folks in Langely and at the Pentagon can justify the budget increases that are soon to follow when these knuckleheads have to be dealt with. That video is what I call job security!
edit on 6-1-2013 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
A couple of things come to mind when I see this video, firstly that there is no way of knowing just based on that video that this is 100% being shot in Syria and furthermore that it shows members of the Free Syrian Army. People seem to assume that the FSA is the entirety of the Syrian rebellion when it is not, it’s just another group fighting against Assad it’s made up of lots of rebel groups and there are other groups who will not call themselves members of the FSA yet still fight Assad.

What else is important to remember that in the Middle East views on Al-Qa’ida and Bin Laden are very different to those in the west; many in the region see the west as evil and as such celebrate our tragedies. For example, after 9/11 there is footage from all over the Middle East of people cheering on the streets, it’s not uncommon to hear the cries of “death to America “. This does not make these people member of Al-Qa’ida, rather they are admirers, they look at Bin Laden like David standing up to Goliath. Just because you see people praising Bin Laden and justifying 9/11 does not make them Al-Qa’ida something that is very important to remember. It’s just that they have a different take on world events, they blame America for the killing of their brothers and a sister in Palestine, for them 9/11 was a bit of revenge and they praise those responsible. It’s almost like the way people celebrated the death of Bin Laden after Seal Team Six assassinated him, Americans took to the streets to celebrate but that did not make them member of Seal Team Six.

This video does not show members of Al-Qa’ida in my opinion, at least not core Al-Qa’ida who would be theologically opposed to singing about Bin Laden. It is most probably a group of fighters who are admirers of his work, like I said before they see him as the David in taking out Goliath and probably see the same in themselves taking on Assad and the Syrian Army. So I don’t think this is a video showing a huge crowd of Al-Qa’ida rather a group of people who admire them.

I do know that for many reading this that will be hard to stomach that people would actually celebrate 9/11 and justify it in the same way as people celebrated the death of Bin Laden but its true. That’s what this video is showing, its sick and its wrong and I don’t agree with it but I can understand why they are doing it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So lets assume that these guys are members of the FSA, are happily accepting donations for weapons and resources to fight Assad.. I don't see why this group would be chanting for Bin Laden when the very people they are chanting against are arming them to the teeth...

2nd, I noticed an FSA flag waving around somewhere in the video so I think they are affiliates somehow. The odd thin about this gathering though is that they did get a bomb dropped on their heads, it would be a perfect opportunity for Assad to wipe out a few of them.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dingo80
Gun Nuts claim they need to keep their guns to protect themselves from a tyrannical government, yet won't do nothing about funds going to people who hate you, and a government that can kill you without trial.

Wow! I'm going to assume you're an anti gun nut. You guys really hate it when people get shot by a gun, right? So why is your post asking why we haven't used our guns on the gov yet? ARE YOU SERIOUS? and you have a star! guns should be a last resort, if they start hauling people off to camps then there you go, something to defend yourself with which is the guns purpose. better that than nothing, and if your gov does it to you who you gonna call? that's right

yes i guess anti gun folk are better off posting # like this because they ignore all the mental health and crazy people discussions and would love more events to use to push an agenda.
edit on 6-1-2013 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

Even if we assume that they are FSA it does not mean that FSA = Al-Qa’ida because the admire Bin Laden.

What I am saying is that when you see a video like this you have to remember that many people in the Middle East admire what Bin Laden and core Al-Qa’ida achieved with 9/11. This does not make them Al-Qa’ida they see Bin Laden as a symbol of a Islamic warrior standing up against a mightily enemy and prevailing, hence why Bin Laden is used as a symbol for some Syrian Rebels they see themselves in much the same way and they look at Bin Laden as proof that even against the greatest odds it is possible for even the strongest enemy to fall down.

The Al-Qa’ida today is not the Al-Qa’ida of 10 years ago they are very different beasts.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So lets assume that these guys are members of the FSA, are happily accepting donations for weapons and resources to fight Assad.. I don't see why this group would be chanting for Bin Laden when the very people they are chanting against are arming them to the teeth..

The whole problem from the days these were non-violent protests in Homs is that the Free Syria Army is NOT Syrian. It's not any one thing. The name is an umbrella term to cover over 12 different factions that could easily form respectable fighting structures in their own right...and do in a functional way on the battlefield. Among those dirty dozen or more by now, are among the most extreme Sunni/Wahhabi sects that region of the world has to offer.

ALSO ...among them are honest to God, legitimate former Syrian military officers and enlisted who defected away to fight the regime and bring a better life to the Syrian people.

See why this is such an ugly ugly snake pit? Same ground...same "cause" uniting them...and opposing interests as well as radically opposing tactics brought to the fight. All under the banner of the FSA. Check online for the video the FSA themselves released of their people machine gunning Syrian POW's on the ground. A whole group of them, screaming for their lives and very VERY obviously disarmed and prisoners. They shot them to pieces and somehow thought this would endear the world to their cause. I won't link it and I doubt ATS would permit even that. It's as graphic and as brutal a scene of murder without blurry spots as one sees in video these days.

The only winning thing for the U.S. here, in my opinion, is to fall back behind NATO lines in Turkey and do absolutely NOTHING but act against whatever crosses that line from Syria. Not pursue BACK..just deal with what comes onto the Turkish soil, since Turkey is a NATO ally and that part is black and white obligation. Nothing else though......and we never should have gotten into this to start with, IMO.
edit on 6-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join