It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a little too bright. [TLDR Orange]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb

If you want to complain about a small problem that is insignificant in the world of problems and go as far as to blackmail, then it would be best you leave.

Like RisingAgainst said, you don't have to like it, but you don't need to make bad-mannered comments to address your disliking.

Since you replied to my post, I can only assume the above comments are ment for me. When have I blackmailed? When have I been bad mannered?

I've told the truth as I see it - the orange is horrible. I personally would never have signed up to a forum that is bright orange, no matter the content of the forum.

I am not going to kiss behinds just beacuse it's the site owners own advertisement. It doesn't matter to me whos advertisement it is. Whether it's paid for by someone or the site owners makes no difference to me. To me it matters that's it's extremely bright and unsightly.

The site owners have made a great forum - a very popular forum, a forum that used to also be very nice looking. It's still a great forum, still a popular forum (although some have indicated they won't be back until the orange is gone, and I suspect the orange will be off-putting for some people who would otherwise have signed up), but visually it's now way too bright.
edit on 6-1-2013 by aspiechick because: I can spell, but my fingers clearly have a life of their own.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

Terrible assumption to make. I was referring you to see how ridiculous and unnecessary some of the posts were. And how much of a big deal was being made out of such a small inconvenience. You haven't make derogatory comments. You have just expressed how you feel in a not so rude manner and that's fine. Sorry if the post appeared that way.

I'm going to leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by aspiechick

Explanation: And here is how to fix that issue for yourself ...

Got Issues with TLDR ad??? So .... you don't know how to zoom then! (by OmegaLogos posted on 6-1-2013 @ 02:00 AM) [ATS]

Personal Disclosure: The ad is temporary! Seek solutions in the thread linked above ok!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
Explanation: And here is how to fix that issue for yourself ...

Thank you for the tip, I do know how to use the zoom, but my font is currently at the perfect size for me, so zooming is out of the question.

I will have to quote kdog1982:

Oh,and I zoomed in alright.
Had to take my glasses off and stand across the room.
Need a wireless keyboard and mouse.

*giggles*

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
It's horrible. And even if someone else owns the website and it's their choice of how to ad-blast, please at least think of the children.

CX

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
To be honest, it's not even a bright orange....pretty dull in color if you ask me. All these threads make it sound like people are so used to living in front of a screen in a dark basement, the slightest bit of light will melt them!

It wasn't here that long last time, probably won't be this time just like any other ad.

What happens to everyone when they go out into the daylight? I picture a "I am Legend" type scenario.

CX.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
meh. Its annoying as an annoyimg orange can be. I personally like it. Dont know why, but I guess it has to do with the whole "feeling of the site". Black gives it a sort of dead look, while appealing black just makes things look different compared to orange. Orange just makes it more lively.

I know this site is meant to be serious but you also want to feel welcomed right?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

God dam, its a free site offering all this free information for you to devour. Don't like it? Then make your own. Then you'll realise the cost of hosting/management etc and why advertising exists. Let the site promote/advertise all they want, because without it you would most likely pay a membership fee.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

It is said that orange is the color that lightens the mood. It's supposed to make people Happy. Well, that's what they told us when I worked for Clinique and they introduced their new fragrance Happy and explained why they used the color orange. I am assuming that the site owners may be trying to brighten the mood around here. It would help if the color looked more orange and not red as red is the color of anger.

Perhaps a change of hue , not color is in order ?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

On my iPad, it's more red than orange.

To me, red is an angry color. It's unsettling.

Whereas blues and greens are soothing, and a pale yellow is just plain lovely.

I'm not going to quit coming or anything, but the color is a little hard on the eyes.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Agreed. They need to lighten that up.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
1. Read OP or Forum List.
2. Scroll down to read comments/view thread.
3. ?
4. Its gone...Profit.

Thats why people come here right? To read, not stare at the home bar.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Meh.

I like orange, although it isn't well suited to ATS IMO.

No doubt it'll change again soon.

I like the fact we can express dissapointment over some of the ridiculous ads tho.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I like orange. Orange reminds me of Halloween. Halloween reminds me of candies. Caaaaaaandiiiiiiiies.....

I first noticed it when I logged in. Totally forgot about it when reading threads here and there. I am a bit surprised that it causes so much discomfort. Yep, I'm surprised.

Need another coffee...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Not only is it bright on the side, but there is also a bright side.
I can skip the vitamin D supplement this week. awesome.

Maybe it's my age, but, seriously, it hurts the eyes.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Drinking and orange do not mix well.

It's giving me a headache.

Hurts to even look at it.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucas73
Do purple next!!!

That's what I was going to say! Or blue. Or Teal. Or....
But orange? Eeeeew!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Teal or Purple it's official...

Light colors on the eyes that won't kill ya

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edgar806
meh. Its annoying as an annoyimg orange can be. I personally like it. Dont know why, but I guess it has to do with the whole "feeling of the site". Black gives it a sort of dead look, while appealing black just makes things look different compared to orange. Orange just makes it more lively.

I know this site is meant to be serious but you also want to feel welcomed right?

i like it too, bright colours put me in a good mood...

can't believe the rudeness of some of the posters here, what difference does it make what colour the borders are... where i'd probably not have looked at tldr before, after this thread i'm going to! so it works! ha!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm glad that puts you guys all in a good mood, but if you are trying to cater to an audience it needs to be a whole audience. Some people have bad eyesight. [Especially when drinking
], some people are color blind, Some colors happen to give seizures.
Some colors may cause blindness, and some colors may cause heart attacks. I'm sure they don't want their members dying off slowly.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join