It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Feds should be Scared

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
reply to post by hawkiye

lmao I know allot more about drones then it seems you do sorry but that video is not a drone that is a toy.

The real drones if they had the full power to unleash them and do whatever they wanted with them, not that you would really know anyways what they really do with them overseas since you aren't there to watch...

They could very VERY easily kill millions with them, tactical nuke strikes on anyone they like. You will NOT shoot down one of these easily if you could shoot it down then you are one of the best marksmen in the world and good on you for that.

Real drones and a little more info for you... can you say hellfire missles? yah good luck with that:

Drones, the cheaper to kill you with my dear!
edit on 6-1-2013 by dc4lifeskater because: (no reason given)

Drones use airports.. They are vulnerable during the landing and take-off phase of their mission. Same for any aircraft. Fuel logistics and personnel are easily found. However, one problem for anyone who shoots at a drone during landing or take-off is their position will be triangulated and if it is a real shooting war, mortars, artillery, or other air assets will be brought onto the shooters position. We (base defense) were able to do that back in the 70s so I assume the technologies have improved drastically.

I still believe if enough like minded individuals get together and have an American non violent spring on such a large scale that MSN can not ignore; then we the people can effect change. Some of the protesters will be beaten or even killed as we have witnessed during any social change or protest; it goes with the job. Is it worth it to you? Are you willing to look a roided up enforcer in the eye and resign yourself that today is a good day to be beaten or killed; only you can answer that. Whether making a protest or a peach cobbler; you have to sacrifice a few peaches to make the cobbler and there are people who will be sacrificed to effect change..there are a few who might sacrifice themselves for the greater good (in their mind) but you have to wonder what the number of such individuals really are; do they believe like you or are they terrorist as defined by MSN and government and up to no good?

Allot of this civil war talk reminds me of the movie with Mel Gibson called the "Patriot". Mel's character had fought in wars and he absolutely did not want his country, family, or himself to be sucked into another shooting war. Things changed for him when his child was taken and his friends were killed.

What motivates people to do something is different in most cases yet no food, no water, has always been a strong motivators to get them riled up.

IM0 We are not close to the numbers or starvation in America for an armed resistance. Besides with 49 million on government assistance for their survival we may never reach the numbers that would be needed for a true "American Arab type spring".

"Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men’s views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the U.S., in the field of commerce and manufacturing, are afraid of somebody, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.”

If you believe what Woodrow Wilson said it may be to late for the people of America or the world. Yet even if there is some grand evil agenda in place for we the people of this world then without a united cohesive front; resistance will be futile......divide and conquer really does work .

P.S. be careful what you wish for especially if talking an armed revolt. Easy to destroy something but hard to put the pieces back together again. As in the past the true outcome of any wish is mostly unforeseen.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Allot of this civil war talk reminds me of the movie with Mel Gibson called the "Patriot". Mel's character had fought in wars and he absolutely did not want his country, family, or himself to be sucked into another shooting war. Things changed for him when his child was taken and his friends were killed.

It's funny to hear you use this example. I don't mention it myself here much because the reference has to fit the setting and plenty on an international site such as ATS wouldn't get the reference at the level it's intended.

However, off-line or on more local U.S. political sites, I've used it a few times to explain my own position on this. If war should come and it should find me here where I've chosen to raise my child and enjoy my life today then I won't run from it. That thought isn't even on the table of options. Short of that? I won't have anything whatsoever to do with helping it come to that. In fact, I'll do everything in my limited power as a citizen to see it does NOT come to that, short of betraying a fellow citizen for it.

We should all be ready and willing to drop what our lives have going to join in.....IF a true and proper "people power" protest ever starts to form in Washington though. The style of Egypt and Tunisia.. Or BETTER, since I feel certain you're of the generation to recall this personally, the fall of the Eastern European tyrannic regimes in 1989/1990. All but one fell with peace....and I had no problem with the outcome of that 1. Chauchesku was a pig and an animal and after ordering his troops to slaughter their own countrymen wholesale, he got off too easy.

Peace works... War? Well, to paraphrase Mel Gibson... This won't be a war our children learn of through television and newspaper. This won't be horror they hear of through parents talk and school gossip. This will be a war in all it's horrors they learn of in their cities, towns and streets with their own eyes. It'll be a thing that will destroy that generation in many ways.......and it's not worth it to me personally to pursue seeing happen that way.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by SubTruth

If fema did that then me and a few fellows I know would raid the fema camp, kill everyone with a firearm, take it over, and ration the food to our fellow friends and family in the correct way. So bring it on.

You would do what? You are threatening to kill federal employees that are in place you assist you? nowonder the "Feds' are all over this site. you my man should not have a gun in my opinion. Take away guns from those who threaten others is something I agree with. knock, knock.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If you think armed civilians could even slow down a modern military force your fooling yourself. If some NWO type group wanted to take over and the military supported them, it is over. All they would have to do about the random idiot with a gun is exterminate your home town everytime some one took a shot them and fantasy about an armed resistance would be over. The best you could hope for is a French style resistance to gather intel for an outside power to save us. Of course all of this carzy talk anyway.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
If you think armed civilians could even slow down a modern military force your fooling yourself. If some NWO type group wanted to take over and the military supported them, it is over. All they would have to do about the random idiot with a gun is exterminate your home town everytime some one took a shot them and fantasy about an armed resistance would be over. The best you could hope for is a French style resistance to gather intel for an outside power to save us. Of course all of this carzy talk anyway.

What is crazy talk is people like you continually repeating this non-sense when we have current examples of insurgencies much more ill equipped and trained then American resisting and withstanding all this supposed superior fire power and technology. In fact no modern army has ever defeated and indigenous population on their own soil! So you can stop repeating this nonsense now because it is not true and no one is buying it...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by MrSpad

What is crazy talk is people like you continually repeating this non-sense when we have current examples of insurgencies much more ill equipped and trained then American resisting and withstanding all this supposed superior fire power and technology. In fact no modern army has ever defeated and indigenous population on their own soil! So you can stop repeating this nonsense now because it is not true and no one is buying it...

In your fantasy about a take over the enemy is like Nazi Germany. Do you know how effective resistance was to the Germans? Only in Russia and Yugoslavia where elements of the Army were the partisans supplied by outside powers was any sort of armed resistance kept up. And then only units not worth anything in combat were kept busy. When the Polish home army rose up they were crushed. When a truly authoritative regime who is willing to slaugter innocents moves in, armed resistance becomes a non factor. When the North took over the South in Vietnam the south could not mount an armed guerilla style resistance to the North because the North would take out your entire village for doing so something the South could not do being handcuffed by Western support thus morals.

A key to any resistance is that the enemy power has to be busy with another conflict and the resistance must have outside support. If you do not have it you end up like Tibet or Hungry. Afgan resistance to the USSR was of course supported by many powers the US among them. The Tamil Tigers were able to field a true force in Sri Lanka with Indian support but once it was gone they slowly fell apart..

So what example do you have a resitance force not made up of that large parts of that nations military or supplied by outside powers that ever managed to throw off a facist style government? Even in places like Iraq and Afganstan where western forces do not practice genocide and where only a very small portion of US power was in place two US backed governments are now in power and in no danger being toppled.
edit on 6-1-2013 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Wow another masterful display if ignorance... The Germans were disarmed of course their resistance was feeble. Every other place your described was occupied and disarmed also.... Also half of Germans were in the army subjugating their countrymen. we only have 1.2 million in our current forces and that is not near enough and of course a certina percentage of them will not follow those orders.

The only one in fantasy land is you. The current insurgencies in the middle east have been holding out for 11 years against such superior fire power and Americans are far better armed trained and resourceful...

Something I posted on another thread:

1. No modern army has ever defeated an indigenous population on thier own land. Think Vietnam, Afghanistan, Chechenya, Iraq, and Afghanistan again

2. If your premise were true only 2% of people who join the military would cut it in combat since they are taken from the overall population.

3. You assume that the two percent of the people who supposedly have the lets call it "warrior gene" all join the military.

4.History is repleat with so called peasants, farmers, rabble, or common people, rising up when circumstances force them and defeating supposedly superior armies and warriors. The American revolution perhaps being the most well known.

5. The most powerful and technologically advanced army in the world hasn't been able to route out a few thousand insurgents with AK's and RPG's in Iraq and Afghanistan (see number 1 again)

6. No country on earth has the traditions of liberty and freedom ingrained in thier mindset like America.

7. Only 3 percent actually fought the American revolution.

8. If only 3% of 80 millions gun owners fight (it will likely be more) that is 2.5 million freedom loving Americans. More then double all the available combat troops we have in the entire military.

9. The most well armed well trained most resourceful guerilla army in the history of the world is in America. This won't be peasants in robes with AK's. Many of them veterans with the same or better training as those whom they would be fighting. And full machine shops in thier garages or shops to make just about anything. Guerilla tactics are hit and run never going toe to toe with a superior fire power. Lots of folks successfully track stalk and hunt deer and elk every year I am sure that can easily be adapted to other things.

10. A certain percentage of the military will side with patriots and bring some of thier toys with them.

11. No army foreign or domestic could control the entire land mass of America. It is logistically impossible and they would be picked off from every rock, tree, door, and window. As the Japanese said of us when asked why they never invaded the mainland; There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

12. They would be cutting off thier own supply lines (the American people) and could maybe control a few cities at best but doubtful they could sustain it for very long.

The PTB know they could never win a fight with the American people as long as they are armed. That is why they want the guns. But do they really ant a fight? They are doing just fine robbing us of all our wealth via subterfuge. They want productive slaves on the plantation not a revolt! But they want some insurance just in case so they want the guns.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

i couldn't have said it better myself

i agree with just about everything you listed
edit on 7-1-2013 by k1k1to because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BABYBULL24

So if things go south you will have maybe 2 million people trying to take away your Constitution Rights. Probably more like 1 million cause half of them aren't going to go for it.

Might make a good Hollyweird movie. Might. The reality is, our government, their enforcers and military are very good at killing. And torturing. And raping. And disappearing people.

Our military is chock full of troops trained in middle eastern (African?) urban pacification and terrorism. Notice I said "terrorism" and not "counter-terrorism". Notice their newly-found (not) and openly proclaimed skills at torture, murder, secret prisons, kidnapping. Notice also that we have had armed troops on American streets at least three times that I know of.

Our police force is chock full of the above veterans. Many are damaged. Many will wave the flag and follow orders -- no matter what. Notice that our police/politicians have been systemically violating the Constitution for 40 years in the war-on-liberties (aka war-on-drugs) with no significant police opposition.

The government ..... well .... what can anyone say? Really. Have you ever seen anything worse that the federal dog-n-pony show of the last two decades? It is embarrassing to have this much blatant, in-your-face corruption in the former land-of-the-free.

Notice that the police and government are backed to the hilt by very sophisticated operations including the totally controlled media. In fact, the controlled media is the *keystone* -- nothing happens without the talking heads motivating or pacifying the population. A president can even murder children regularly when an independent media no longer exists. And rest assured my friend, these modern-day Caligulas will not hesitate to order your death and destruction.

When things go south ...... and they will -- we best be someplace else if possible. I think the killings here will make Mexico look like paradise.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

thats what drones are for... thousands of them can kill millions easily and good luck shooting one down its harder then you think.

And like in Syria, the more civilians the US government would kill, the more troops and cops would go rogue and side with the people.

The scum in DC can't win.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

lmao I know allot more about drones then it seems you do sorry but that video is not a drone that is a toy.

The real drones if they had the full power to unleash them and do whatever they wanted with them, not that you would really know anyways what they really do with them overseas since you aren't there to watch...

They could very VERY easily kill millions with them, tactical nuke strikes on anyone they like. You will NOT shoot down one of these easily if you could shoot it down then you are one of the best marksmen in the world and good on you for that.

Real drones and a little more info for you... can you say hellfire missles? yah good luck with that:

Drones, the cheaper to kill you with my dear!

well i see a lot of people talking as if a situation like this, would be anything but hell for both parties and a simple theater production by the govt. many thing's, in our country, that could be detrimental to everyone's health would suddenly become a very big problem.

you cannot and our gov. cannot just cease nuclear reactor maintenance and cooling, along with the rest of our power grid where we the people are required to run it. you would see large scale starvation because our agriculture and livestock operation would cease to operate and that includes govt. employees, since the US supplies 46% of the total global grain supply, imagine that ending in a hurry.

lets talk medicine, since the pharmacies will be non operational and that includes again our govt. employees will need medicine and no they cannot stock up on enough to cover themselves for very long. hospitals will cease in many areas because lets face it, who's going to work, if the drones are out hunting that day.

people often forget how much we all are now dependent on one another, you see with over 300 million civilians in our country it's takes quite the bit of manpower to keep these gears rolling along and in a revolutionary state, non of it will be getting done.

i won't even get into the ramifications globally, for an American revolution and or attack of citizens, from the government.

i just hope our elected officials realize that pushing the human beings of America over the edge, would ultimately result in many lives being lost and nothing being gained.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Good point. But like BabyBull said half of those 2 million fed employed people wouldnt go for it. That's almost a million people with the weapons to shoot down drones, although the death toll would still be extensive.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
My point is we couldn't even hold Baghdad - remember the Green Zone?

Had a big wall around it - if they couldn't kick the Iraqi's ass & make no mistake about it we were losing that war - to not stand up to traitors in the US Military firing on US Civilians...why didn't they unleash their funky weapons on them?

C'mon they might try it but it would end badly for them...i don't care if they were shooting death rays out of their ass - whatever they got. We would win!

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
If the theory of alternate reality and alternate universes is true to a large degree than I have seen so many things pointing towards our type of society and species making these mistakes of mass genocide with insert technology here.

If it happens die with honor and fight them but do not expect to win.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
US troops in Iraq and Afghan had support and hospitals in Europe and back home in the USA. In a civil war, there would be no "back home" to support them. Their families would be in the war zone with them.

But instead of attacking US soldiers, a group of insurgents could simply attack soft targets, and would cripple the US regime as well as its ability to wage war.

Everything the US war machine does is based on a stable homefront. Secure, well-stocked military bases. Civilian oil refineries that are not threatened with attack. Computer components purchased from international suppliers that can be reliably shipped to the US.

80% of US petroleum is refined on the coast between New Orleans and Houston, with little provision against attack or sabotage

80% of US consumer goods travel by rail at some point.

The ports of Long Beach, San Diego and Houston handle the bulk of America's imports; add in NY/NJ, St Lawrence Seaway, and Baltimore; and most US production (including export of critical grains) would cease.

One poster mentioned that he US govt could simply cut off the food supply. But, if Uncle Sam did so, he would quickly lose all authority with his own troops. The average soldier from Texas is not going to put up with being shot at in LA (or vice versa) while his family slowly starves to death at home. The desertion rate would end the US as a fighting force. That's what precisely how the USSR came to an end....

Government authority comes from three sources:
1) a monopoly on the use of force
2) keeping the public safe from harm
3) insuring a future that is prosperous enough to be attractive.

Having to fight a civil war cuts into Uncle Sam's ability to provide all three.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
just as you said half of police/military wont go for it.

i would predict that about 90% of citizens wouldn't defend their rights when the time comes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join