It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America needs a dictator.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Like our founders never heard of a dictator before? They had one in mind when they put the constitution together. They took a look at history and never found a good dictator. There is no such thing.

These folks calling for a dictator still have to have mom call and wake them up for class at college.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Ha, I do work for the Govt.

I don't want to be in power.....I just want peace and quiet, and to be left alone.

But I know that I could do the job without compromising my principals, not that anyone would ask me to run the show anyway.

Oh good god help us! I knew it!

lol.....We all want the same things you want, and the only way to get that bud, is a lot less gov interference in our lives, not a dictatorship.......

Gov is the root of the problem, hell just look at the spending and wars.......

Smaller gov and term limits, with smaller paychecks. and ousting of favors for special interests groups........that brings in people who really want to make the change cause they know they wont be there forever and arent doing it for the money.......

That will bring us peace ......and the rest of the world too......

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

That's what everyone should want.

But the system is broken, and no amount of voting, petitions, or protests is going to fix it.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Ha, I do work for the Govt.

I don't want to be in power.....I just want peace and quiet, and to be left alone.

But I know that I could do the job without compromising my principals

That may be what you think but I don't believe it for a minute. The corrupting influence of power is insidious. Good people never start out to do bad things.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianFlanders

I have never claimed to be, or believed that I was a good person, but I'm honest.
The two have nothing to do with each other. But I digress.

Look, I'm not campaigning for the job. I don't want it, and I don't know anyone I would trust to do it anyway.

My point here, if there is one, is that our Govt. is so twisted and corrupt. That the only way to fix it is to completely rip apart what it stood for in the first place.

America is dead.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

That's what everyone should want.

But the system is broken, and no amount of voting, petitions, or protests is going to fix it.

Well let me ask you what you think about the division of powers constitution and the bill of rights we have? We dont have a king or dictator for a reason but you pro dictator types dont seem to want to discuss what has already been discussed on the issue. Just the old broken record spinning round and around about the broke system ect and some famed man of all good entent and talent, a legend yet unknown. Like the guys out there growing in a test tube and genetically altered to the point where his crap dont stink.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by BrianFlanders

My point here, if there is one, is that our Govt. is so twisted and corrupt. That the only way to fix it is to completely rip apart what it stood for in the first place.

Thats what crazy people do. Toss the Rubik's cube up against the wall. Well this isnt a Rubiks cube its a balance of power.

Tell you what let me be a personal dictator to you for awhile. Yes you to can have a personal dictator. You will being going for a ball bat sometime in the first few hours of the training.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I don't think you are getting my point, I think I'm failing to explain it properly.

But you are being rude. If you think you can manage civil conversation, I will be happy to continue.
If not than we will just have to accept that we disagree and move on.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Logarock

I don't think you are getting my point, I think I'm failing to explain it properly.

But you are being rude. If you think you can manage civil conversation, I will be happy to continue.
If not than we will just have to accept that we disagree and move on.

In all candor and civility....I am shocked that you think me rude. What do you think a dictator is? What they have been? There is no civil discorse to be had on the top of a million piles of dead bones at the hands of dictators. I find this whole idea lacking anything that looks like civility no matter how we discuss it.

You let me run your life as I see fit and you will have your fill before noon.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

America is dead.

My philosophy is that if it's that bad, we don't have to do anything. Let it tear itself apart. I think some small amount of truth always ultimately prevails but it takes a dose of pure malevolence to shake people out of their stupor.

The problem isn't (and never really was) the people at the top. The problem is the complacency of the general public in dropping it's guard and not heeding the warnings. Nothing we can say or do will fix that. You wouldn't really understand "CAUTION! HOT!" in the proper way if you'd never been burned.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that every couple of generations, the great unwashed will have to learn the same hard lessons. They will become complacent and they will eventually learn the hard way every time. Yes. The corrupt people at the top will take advantage of it and do whatever they can to promote and perpetuate that complacency but it's really only a matter of time anyway.
edit on 7-1-2013 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The only thing America needs sounds like you think we have only one issue in the great USA.

We have a country that now votes in presidents and officials by color and not by qualifications.
We have laws such as the "No child left behind" idea that has our kids simply going through school and never learning.
We have leaders that are more concerned with Greed then doing what is best for the country.
We still are divided by race and religion.
We help everyone but ourselves, even go in debt to help less fortunate countries when we need help here.

I could go on but those are my top 5

But we do NOT need a dictator. We just need to wise up and take back the power of the government that we granted the power to.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This has been my opinion for awhile, America's leaders have circle of suggesting ideas and arguing back and forth. Things very seldom get accomplished this way. What started out as good ideas has turned into a mish-mash of different views. No matter what political, religious, etc, opinions a person has, there are advocates and groups lobbying for that cause. This sounds good in theory, but the fact is that decisions rarely get made when there are so many different people arguing their point. Decisions are made now because of support gained from different groups, or voters, or personal agenda. Certain laws and so forth could be hard to swallow for me or other people, but if it's whats best for the country, doesn't that trump my personal opinion? Very rarely do we get anything close to something that's best for America, but now I feel like I am rambling. To sum my opinion up, I would totally support one person who had my country's best interest in mind, whether we could ever find someone without a personal agenda is another thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Even IF we had a "Benevolent Dictator" it establishes the precedent for a dictatorial president so that whoever would succeed His Benevolence would have absolute power....that will never end well (unless and until it is "The Second Coming").

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The Illuminati have been moving us closer to a dictator for centuries and can place one in power whenever the time is right. Lincoln was a test case to see if Americans would allow for one during a crisis. There was too much opposition to one man rule during the Civil War, so now they're coming up with a new strategy.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The LAST thing America needs is a Dictator. There are already too many fascist officials running things.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join