It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world is keeping you from understanding/remembering your dreams.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Here is a website describing other sleep cycles besides stay awake all day then sleep all night. There is a link to a journal of a guy practicing one of them.

Sleep Cycles

It makes me want to try one of them. But thats where my title comes in, with any "normal" job, it would be very difficult.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
All of those sleep cycles seem very hard to do unless you work at home.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I wish I could remember my dreams. My wife tells me I either have fighting or dirty dreams a couple days a week. I never remember having them and if I'm being accused of cheating on her in my dreams. I'd rather it be worth it and remember them if I'm getting in trouble for them.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
The dreamless sleep is a blessing in my eyes. It is so refreshing, no nightmare, no "mind" working - efforting - creating the dream - just pure relaxation - pure emptiness and waking up refreshed - forgetting of all identity of the mind and all problems/worrries.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Very interesting, I remember reading that Edison slept about 4 hours a night. I think I read somewhere Divinci did something similar. Very interesting thread link op, thank you for the information. I have wanted to try this when I saw an Episode of Seinfield where Kramer tried something similar. It is an intriguing way to squeeze more hours out the day.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sometimes when i deep dream i feel like a Dolphin swimming in sea of conscious energy and the deeper i swim the more im charging my own being with energy. Do you ever experience it such a way?
edit on 5-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I am reluctant to mention this because it will probably make me seem 'abnormal', but I feel that it is more than just society programming us to believe we need 6-8 hours of sleep a day. I think the conspiracy goes deeper. Call me crazy, but I believe there might be technologies that the Elite are using to disrupt our recollection of Dreams when we are awake. Have you ever noticed that the more you try to recall a Dream, the harder it becomes to remember the details and atmosphere of the Dream? It seems almost like there is a metaphysical or paranormal force disrupting our ability to recall and analyse the Dreams that we have.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by iSHRED

Great thread! Posting so I can find it later and delve into it more. Gotta get some shut-eye!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I am reluctant to mention this because it will probably make me seem 'abnormal', but I feel that it is more than just society programming us to believe we need 6-8 hours of sleep a day. I think the conspiracy goes deeper. Call me crazy, but I believe there might be technologies that the Elite are using to disrupt our recollection of Dreams when we are awake. Have you ever noticed that the more you try to recall a Dream, the harder it becomes to remember the details and atmosphere of the Dream? It seems almost like there is a metaphysical or paranormal force disrupting our ability to recall and analyse the Dreams that we have.

Perhaps it has something to do with a calcified pineal gland?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It seems instead that our dreams are keeping us from understanding/remembering the world.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I won't think you sound abnormal,in fact it's often felt to me like my dreams are being "diverted",to be quite frank,for the past year,ive felt,as regards dream recall,i am like an appliance that gets switched off at night:-) I do get interesting happenings in that state between awake+falling asleep,but have practically zero dream recall in the morning.When i nap in the daytime,i sometimes recall some fragments of dreams.I have to add that im not on any medications,psychotropic or otherwise,and i do keep a notebook+pen next to my bed.There's just never anything to write of,except for one exceptionally vivid vampire dream recently from which i woke up from round 4am,which was extremely disturbing.I suspect that dream was a warning of actual people in my life,that were being a massive drain on me,and was meaning to do me harm for years to come, in a psychologically and emotionally abusive way.So it served as a confirmation to me,to cut them out of my life,which i did.I always used to write down and analyse my dreams,and i have to say,for about a year now,ive felt robbed,like a very valuable resource has been taken from me,really.Im considering changing my sleeping pattern back to what its always been,awake at night+catching 4-5 hours when the kids are in school.Its so strange,around last year around May,i started getting this thing where i could literally not keep my eyes open after 9-10 at night,where my whole life before,i used to naturally be a night owl.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by arpgme

Sometimes when i deep dream i feel like a Dolphin swimming in sea of conscious energy and the deeper i swim the more im charging my own being with energy. Do you ever experience it such a way?
edit on 5-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Yes. Sometimes, when I wake up, I would be really conscious thinking a lot of positive thoughts about myself/life (in general without specifics).

Other times when I wake up from this state, I'm not aware of nothing but my existence on the bed and then energy is great and relaxing until it fades away as I get up to enjoy the day.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Yes. Sometimes, when I wake up, I would be really conscious thinking a lot of positive thoughts about myself/life (in general without specifics).

Other times when I wake up from this state, I'm not aware of nothing but my existence on the bed and then energy is great and relaxing until it fades away as I get up to enjoy the day.

Well said, i have the same experiences. Sometimes waking can be dissapointing. Im one moment holding the Goddess Isis and then i awake and i realise i was dreaming. Seriously however i have dreamt and found myself in ancient eygpt in a tunnel peering out seeing the great pyramid. There was soft but hypnotising flute playiing and then it turned into a very heavy guitar instrumental which was emanating high vibrational energy.

edit on 7-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I found that when I ingest a lot of toxins such as cigarettes, crap food and soft drinks, I can hardly remember anything of my dreams.

When I drink rainwater and only eat organic fruits and veg, I can remember HOURS of my dreams. I also tend to become lucid in these dreams and can control them.
edit on 7/1/13 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ishred,

Have any of you considered that the elecromagnetic fields that we are subjected to everyday may also be causing the interference. It may be that all of the wireless devices we are in contact with also play a role in this. Think about all of the appliances and devices we leave plugged in everyday in our homes. They all have impact on the environments we live in. It seems to be part of the techno world we live in.

I'm not saying that it is a system to covertly or overlty interfere with our natural cycles. I'm suggesting that it is a result of having some many fields in use and interacting with us.

Another influence that may be imposing on our conscious and subconscious minds is all of the ambient noise just from the local environment we live in. I notice it when I meditate at night. I live several miles from a major freeway and it's like I can feel the vibrations and pick-up the background noise it generates. I'm not imaging this either. Depending on the weather and atmospheric conditions it gets louder, if that's the right word for it. I also live with-in an area where high voltage lines run nearby, 12 and 6kv lines suspended over head on poles approx. 100yards from my home. There is little doubt in my mind that the fields generated from these also adds to the interference.

Remove as many of these distractions from your sleeping areas as possible and think about minimizing the mind numbing dependance we all have on the gadgets we are becoming slaves to. Case in point, this device I sit in front of everyday for nearly all of my waking hours.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I believe it's a matter of persuasion. We haven't really lost the ability to remember them we just underestimate our ability to do so.

I personally tell myself before sleeping that I WILL REMEMBER MY DREAMS. Not exactly scientific, but it works most of the time. When I do remember them I write it down. That way I can remember them more easily; to me this seems to help in lucid dream attempts because I actually know I am dreaming and can take control of them.

EDIT: Also, may I add: If you have the time look up the REMEE. I read about this and decided to purchase one of my own. I can't say it really helped in remembering more dreams but it certainly has intensified some of them.
edit on 10-1-2013 by isado because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join