It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from Chinese Laborer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This is why we should start making products in our own country. It brings jobs back home and would put a stop to these abuses. We already know of the abuses but so much of our everyday life now revolves around China that we are nearly forced to put up with it. Corporations and businesses trying to cut corners screw us out of decent pay and these people out of basic rights. It's sick and needs to stop.peace,sugarcookie1

Oregon native Julie Keith has found herself in the middle of one of China's biggest controversies, the persecution of the Falun Gong meditation practice.

It all started more than a year ago when she purchased a 17-piece graveyard kit at a local Kmart. It was sitting in storage for a year until this past October. She was just about to donate it because it was collecting dust, but decided to use it for her daughter's fifth birthday party, which falls right before Halloween.

[Julie Keith, Portland, Oregon]:
"And as I opened some of the Styrofoam headstones, a note popped out. I opened the note and it was from this person pleading for help in the labor camp in China and wasn't sure what to do with it."

The letter, written at the Masanjia Labor Camp in Shenyang, northeast China, paints a grizzly picture.

"If you occasionally buy this product, please kindly resend this letter to the World Human Right Organization. Thousands people here who are under the persicution of the Chinese Communist Party Government will thank and remember you forever."

The letter claims detainees work 15-hour days and are paid less than $2 USD a month for forced labor. It says thousands are held there, and that many are persecuted Falun Gong practitioners.

And it doesn't end there. It goes on to say, "People who work here, suffer punishment 1-3 years averagely, but without Court Sentence (unlaw punishment). Many of them are Falun Gong practitioners, who are totally innocent people only because they have different believe to CCPG. They often suffer more punishment than others."

[Julie Keith, Damascus, Oregon]:
" The first thing I did was Google the labor camp and it horrified me... some of the stories coming from there. But it really made me happy that I don't live in a country where that kind of thing happens."

China's labor re-education system is notorious for rights abuses. The system is used heavily in the Communist regime's persecution of the Falun Gong spiritual practice. In 2008, the US State Department estimated up to half of the 200,000 registered detainees in Chinese labor camps were Falun Gong adherents.

[Julie Keith, Damascus, Oregon]:
"I was aware there were prison camps and forced labor, but just not anything so horrific."

Julie says she's she spoken to US Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Homeland Security Investigations, who are now looking into the claims.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Love your threads, but...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Yeah i did a search but didnt see any of that oh well its still an interisting letter and its in BTS so maybe some people havent seen this posted
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP...

Because of the people suffering, it NEEDS to be read by everyone.

A Google image search turns up some pretty horrifying photos.

Accounts of the Masanjia Forced Labor Camp Brutally Torturing Practitioners (Reenactment Photos)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Murgatroid
I agree this letter should be read by everyone its horrifying whats going on in Masanjia Forced Labor Camp's there is thousands of these people suffering..I was going to post some pictures and decided not to but thanks for linking to the photos and for posting
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
And yet people will still buy the products made from these camps in droves, all to save a few bucks.

We have allowed ourselves to become to interdependent on cheap labor abroad to the detriment of all.

The middle classes suffer as their jobs are sent overseas, and the populations of these country suffer as the demand for cheep goods crushes their people.

All so that wal mart can make a profit.

As an example take Fox conn and who uses them.

Acer Inc
Amazon.com
Apple Inc.
ASRock
Asus
Barnes & Noble
Cisco
Dell
EVGA Corporation
Hewlett-Packard
Intel
IBM
Lenovo
Logitech
Microsoft
MSI
Motorola
Netgear
Nintendo
Nokia
Panasonic
Philips
Samsung
Sharp
Sony Ericsson
Toshiba
Vizio

Every single one of us sitting on ATS reading this thread has personal responsibility in this matter, each one of us is typing on a machine that was most likely made possible by horrible labor practices.

The blood is on each of our hands.

We need to demand better from our Representatives, demand higher tariffs and trade reform, and we need voice our outrage with our wallets.

But that will never happen, cant be bothered to pay more for an iphone to ensure Humane labor practices now can we.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

benrl
Thank you for posting..I stoped buying from wal mart for this reason everything in that store is made in china and yes were all guilty of buying this garbage including me sitting here watching my Vizio TV i got it because it was cheap and what i could afford at the time..
Higher tariffs and trade reform your right it wont happen and its a shame soon there will no jobs in the USA they will all be out sourced to china and those poor people pay the price for our greed..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Oh im just as guilty as the rest of us, I can look around my room and it would be harder for me to find an item NOT cheaply produced abroad.

But I am getting better at it, thanks to threads like this my awareness has increased over the past several years.

It will take a large effort of us citizens telling or reps we want our manufacturing base back in the US.

Its funny though how there are always distractions to prevent it, fiscal cliffs, mass shootings etc, all symptoms of a greater problem.

The middle class is dying, this country is sick, Profit has overridden human decency.

A strong middle class with manufacturing jobs in the US would go a long way to solve many of the US problems, yet we can't have that because it would cut into corporate profits.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Come on folks this is a important topic i hope people are at least reading the thread
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Here are pictures of another possible plea from Chinese slave laborers.
imgur.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

ecapsretuo
Thanks for the link looks like there just screaming for help over there..peace,sugarcooklie1

new topics

top topics

join