It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Predictions Of What Might Happen Within The Next 100 Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Predictions for 2013

5 Years after 2013

Please see Source for the rest, it's definitely gets more interesting.

I came across this article that shows a list of predictions for the next 100 made by Scientist, thinkers and I was compelled to share this with ATS. With the list of things I'm seeing, I'm sure many of you can make a few conspiracies out of a few things on that list. Use for entertainment purposes only, as it is only speculation but still interesting regardless.

In all honestly, I don't believe Humanity won't make it past within the next 20 years and I believe we would be lucky if we still made it past then. I often wonder if our ancestors has attempted to do the same things that are already mentioned on the list of predictions for the future while they weren't ready for it, just like I don't believe Humanity will be ready for some of the things that are being predicted for the next 100 years. Immortality? A digital currency? NWO? It's no wonder 60% of the population of USA feel that that the end will come in their lifetime and even I feel the same way. We may not know when, but I believe we all need to trust our instincts and it's impossible to change the World and that's why it's so hard because it takes more effort to wake people up, than it is to turn them into sheeples by giving them what they want, only to want more of it in the end.

I think this will be an interesting thread seeing the speculations of other bright members of ATS, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I have.

Source

edit on 5-1-2013 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I have seen this before and all I want before I die is my own robot, to do my evil bidding...or a clone of myself

I would call them both Lil'Monkey.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
I have seen this before and all I want before I die is my own robot, to do my evil bidding...or a clone of myself

I would call them both Lil'Monkey.

Honestly I don't want Robots, or any other type of AI because I know for a fact that if they were to become more intelligent than us, they would turn on us and make us slaves any way they can. Why? Because if us Intelligent humans can do it to one another when we are made up of a soul, what makes you think AI's won't do it when they become more intelligent than us?

We all know how people, even intelligent people like to take advantage of others for their own personal gain or other agenda. I just hope those Robots are okay with obeying us Humans but if they are indeed more intelligent then us; then they should see what us humans are truly doing to this World and that's why I believe they may just turn on us. Skynet anyone?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

The thing is I see robots as our next evolutionary step, 1st we make the robots then we incorporate them into us, we will be robotic cyber people. Maybe with different chassis we can go into space, travel the stars with our new cyber bodies
Sorry I read to much Gibson

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing, haha. One thing that stands out is getting access to your entire genome sequence for under $100. Five years isn't too long of a wait, if so.

There is a lot of predictions on here. A hundred years ago, the Federal Reserve was created. Today, with the QEs, another hundred years of this isn't fun to think about.
I don't know, I thought about it first when I saw the title.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
One thing caught my eye right away:

Sources: ABC, BBC, CNN, IBM, Discovery News, NASA, Time Magazine, United Nations Environment Programme

History has shown that the MSM NEVER speaks the truth.

I smell an agenda here...

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." ~ Thomas Jefferson

"People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news." ~ A.J. Liebling

“The most truthful part of a newspaper is the advertisements.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

edit on 5-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
As soon as the Robot technology is built up there will be very little need for people. We are going to have a lot of people dying shortly of seemingly natural causes. Many of our human Immune systems have been compromised, some weakened and some strengthened to dangerous levels.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
40/1 odds that a human will live past 150 by 2150?? I'll put money on that, we are nearly there now.

There a few different researches that are looking promising, we may even hit 300 in our lifetime! (unlikely, but not impossible)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
40/1 odds that a human will live past 150 by 2150?? I'll put money on that, we are nearly there now.

There a few different researches that are looking promising, we may even hit 300 in our lifetime! (unlikely, but not impossible)

I feel sorry for those who are afraid to accept their own mortality. To live that long would just make a person insane. I rather be dead at 50 and die peacefully than deal with the stress of living for 300 years. A lot of people seem to hate life, and many people within it; it's a waste of resources investing in immotality.

The only people who invest in something like that are the rich and powerful, and if you were rich and all powerful sure it would be easier to live for another 300 years because 10 years being rich probably feels like a year compared to people who lives on a limited income and living in poverty where thus 10 years will feel like 50 years or more!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You play Halo don't you?

It would be quite fun to be inside of a robotic suit and be in control of it. That's fine, as long as we don't give it Artificial Intelligence.

top topics

join