YouTube: Views to Talent/Inversely Proportioned

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is something that I wanted to share with people. Others may have examples they want to throw into the thread.

From time to time I run across musical performances on YouTube that are just outstanding, on a world class level, but have only a few hundred views. One of my favorite people who falls into this category of gigantic talent but crushing anonymity is japanese samuraisOund channel soloist, Akihiko Onji.

Why this guy isn't world famous, I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Nice.

My turn:

Jack Rose (February 16, 1971 – December 5, 2009)[1] was an American guitarist originally from Virginia and later based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Rose is best known for his solo acoustic guitar work. He was also a member of the noise/drone band Pelt.

en.wikipedia.org...(guitarist)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Check dis out

on YouTube search for Chapman Stick!
edit on 5-1-2013 by redbarron626 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Jack Rose sounds fantastic. It's a shame he's no longer around. Acoustic picking is one segment of music where there are quite a few extremely talented people who don't get the recognition that their art deserves.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

The guy on the stick is great, but who is he? Talk about anonymity!! Beautiful playing. The stick itself is amazing in the way it facilitates self accompaniment. Thanks for posting.

edit on 5-1-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

new topics

join