Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

De-evolution of the spiritual mind?

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hey hey hey hey hey.

I may not have spoken to any one reading this, perhaps I have, but I doubt it. Despite this I shall start by letting you know I'm talking to you all here as if you are friends. Think of this as a conversation, I'm merely here to make you ponder. This is all conjecture, feel free to tear it apart!

Let me begin, firstly, I'll explain some of my own personal beliefs, from my understanding this might help you get into my perspective. I believe in Spiritualism, not Religion. I have encountered unexplained phenomena of many kinds, just a small amount of them (to my displeasure). I believe there is a tangible reason for everything, be it the soul, be it hauntings or even ETs. Everything was made for a reason, from particles and smaller, to organic beings with consciousness of many levels. I've heard a lot about "forgetting" and unlocking our potentials as spiritual beings, about how we no longer notice and perceive the other realms we all hear so much about, is this just a matter of remembering? Or are we slowly loosing this ability due to evolution and the fact we no longer depend on it as much? I dunno.

Every stage of evolution is a platform for something else to build on. You may not initially associate the Earth as a part of Evolution but think of it like this; everything that occurs to the Earth affects us, and other life. The Earth evolved from a burning, inhospitable rock to a luscious blue and green planet teeming with life. Somewhere in the middle of the transition we've become part of the story. We only exist because the Earth created us, and continues to home us. Life existed long before the biological and the story of how we were created leads right back to "The Big Bang", which, you guessed it; happened for a reason. I find this fascinating. Because of this, I'm inclined to believe something, for some reason has been influencing our textured, and very real environment ever since the start. Anyway, I digress.

Throughout OUR time as a species, we've looked to the stars for an answer and as science progresses, it seems like we've been right all along. That being said I don't think science even begins to explain it. Something else is at work and our ancestors were able to embrace it a lot easier than we were. It's as if some of the ancient teachings are becoming a lost art. (What am I saying, so many of them are!) The thing is, I am sure there are lessons to be learnt as they were closer to our beginning than we were, don't take that too literally, but people don't seem to feel the same way. With science advancing, and our reliance on the human mind obviously becoming less vital to human survival, have we evolved in the wrong way? My fear is what ever makes us spiritual beings will not be needed soon. Some people I meet have no depth, no real taste, no real feelings toward anything and no real opinions of their own. They don't challenge anything, they believe what they are taught, they even get told who their favourite singer is. Are we putting too much emphasis on logical though? It wouldn't have been logical to say 1000 years ago that we all came from apes of course, so perhaps logical thought can sometimes hinder us.

As I haven't really looked up from the keyboard in a while, I've noticed it's structured awfully. If you can't extract my ramblings from that wall of text, THIS MIGHT BE THE SECTION FOR YOUUUUU.........

Summarising....

We were all created for a reason, we don't know the reason. Evolution in my eyes doesn't start and end with biology. We are depending on our minds less and less everyday (although we are being taught a lot more). Our crave and lust for knowledge seems to be dying down as our ego's grow larger filling an empty space with materialism, something we always have and always will display deep down.

I'll end with the same question I started with, are we evolving away from the perception of something we may have had access too before?

I have so many thoughts and opinions on this subject it's been extremely hard to write this coherently in the short space of time I have. I hope my digressions haven't been completely pointless, and I hope you enjoyed a journey into my perspective. First times free.

Was that a bad joke?
edit on 5-1-2013 by VraxUK because: title change due to ambiguity.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
My opinion? It has nothing to do with "evolution". Take a look at just the last 100 years. Faith and good works in Christian living was much much greater than today. We certainly haven't "evolved" in that century so what accounts for the decrease? Concerted effort by our government to allow the indoctrination of the masses with anti-Christian teachings, principals, laws, love of sin, scientific thinking and the faith destroying belief of evolution. A deadly combination to youth to learn the ways of heathenism and paganism quickly. Self love is rampant these days, it's all about "me". Not my neighbour, not the elderly in need or the helpless infants slaughtered on a daily basis. We are becoming cold-hearted as the world of pre-Christian religion of paganism (self love, pleaure) comes flooding back.We can't recognise the babies killed on the abortionists tables in hopes of better career prospects and more blessings like money as the same as the women of the ancient world who handed their infants over to be 'sacrificed' for hopes of a better harvest. Our youth are being convinced that the elderly need to be euthanised instead of cared for, that old age homes are the 'perfect' solutions for their aging parents and that anyone who dares stand up for what is right is a 'fundamentalist' if it impacts on their life of pleasure.

Sorry to digress, but this isn't about evolution. It's about what Our Creator said happens. I know that you reject 'religion', but do you also reject what is happening before our eyes? We no longer subscribe to good and faith...you have chosen faith but deny the good. Likewise many have chosen do what thou Wilst and to heck with others. This is learned behaviour. If this last century proves that, why look to a false idea of the ancient past when the answer is right here, right now?

edit on 5-1-2013 by WhoKnows100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Whilst I agree with some of your points, namely we are becoming more cold hearted etc. I don't believe Christianity has been used for good throughout it's time in existence. On another note, I don't think paganism can be defined like that as its not a collective set of beliefs, as they differ wildly, it's a defined period of time before our modern religions existed.

I think you're reffering to the times of the Greek gods and different variations of those. Go back further, the times of stone henge and what not. People just did what they had to do to survive back then. We have evolved in our way of thinking, as we have a historic tether. Our environments have evolved and as I said before, evolution isn't inherently tied with our biological form.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Could not have said it better myself
. Bravo!

Learned behaviour and our government is exactly what is turning the human population into what I like to call: sheeple.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Sorry to digress, but this isn't about evolution. It's about what Our Creator said happens. I know that you reject 'religion', but do you also reject what is happening before our eyes? We no longer subscribe to good and faith...you have chosen faith but deny the good. Likewise many have chosen do what thou Wilst and to heck with others. This is learned behaviour. If this last century proves that, why look to a false idea of the ancient past when the answer is right here, right now?

edit on 5-1-2013 by WhoKnows100 because: (no reason given)

Didn't catch the edit, so I'll reply to it here.

I don't reject religion, it's conjecture much like the conjecture I posted. I embrace religion as a theory. I didn't live in those times, and my speculation isn't taken to be a literal understanding of how I feel. I also think your brandishing of people is all wrong. Most people are good people, everyone has there problems, being a good person doesn't correlate with being a Christian. There has been plenty of bad Christians, there has been plenty of outstanding Christians.

I'm not sure why you think I'm a bad person all of a sudden?
edit on 5-1-2013 by VraxUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit

Could not have said it better myself
. Bravo!

Learned behaviour and our government is exactly what is turning the human population into what I like to call: sheeple.

Again, if it continues it will socially change us, my point and your point are not mutually exclusive.

new topics

top topics

join