It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WH Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
White House Plans To Overwhelm NRA With Rapid Victory

The White House and gun control supporters are gearing up for a whirlwind month, with plans to pass reform legislation before outrage over the Sandy Hook massacre has a chance to fade.

While the fiscal cliff has dominated Washington’s attention in recent weeks, lawmakers and activists are laying the groundwork for their big push. Vice President Joe Biden, tasked with heading a commission to investigate gun violence, has been quietly meeting with experts, interest groups, and public officials and is expected to release a set of recommendations within weeks. Boston mayor Thomas Menino, co-chair of Michael Bloomberg’s Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told the Boston Herald this week that an optimistic Biden had assured him that Obama would sign legislation “by the end of January.”

“We had been led to believe their report would come by end of January, but we’re hearing they may want to have something out by January 15, even quicker than expected,” Mark Glaze, director of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, told TPM.

Feinstein's New Gun-Ban Bill Likely to be Introduced January 22

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.)--author of the federal "assault weapon" and "large" ammunition magazine ban of 1994-2004--has said for weeks that she will soon introduce an even more restrictive bill. Leaders in the U.S. Senate have stated that January 22 will be the first day on which new Senate legislation can be proposed, so that is the most likely date for the new, sweeping legislation to be introduced.

All statist regime ends the same way : with lots of unarmed people 6 feet under and the rest as slaves. Whoever votes for this should be arrested pronto and tried for their crime which is treason.
edit on 5-1-2013 by lolita64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Finally a step in the right direction for the American people, proud of you.

You will still have your right to bear arms, but the nasty guns will be banned.

Great news.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Well, Obama and Feinstien would be terribly, tragically mistaken to believe the NRA represents anything to what the true opposition and disagreement is in the United States about their concept of gun regulation. If they want near totalitarian regulation in California and Illinois and the people of those states are willing to tolerate if not embrace it? More power to them. That's their right to accept or stand and fight by whatever legal avenues exist as they choose.

The sales figures released this week alone show the numbers go FAR beyond the N.R.A, and personally? I shredded my NRA card 3 years ago. I'll never recommend them to anyone, support them in any way or give them the least bit of courtesy. They did far too much in trying to interfere with both the Heller and Chicago cases that set precedent. If they couldn't claim credit, it seemed, they were going to work to sandbag it. Well.. they failed and OH WHAT A FAIL THEY ARE.

Gun Owners of America and the Second Amendment Foundation are those we have to truly thank for Chicago and Heller. I hope credit and support is given where it's due ...and withdrawn from where it has no place any longer. They became political toads at the NRA who are MORE interested in power, prestige and above ALL ELSE...ALWAYS...fundraising..then actually doing meaningful things to improve the state of affairs in this nation, IMO.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

GOA all the way Wrabbit!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Hope they all kept receipts

+33 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Like I've said in a couple of different gun threads.

"Obama took healthcare and turned it into a government -controlled monolith. His "plan:" is increasing premium costs so much that Obama will come in and save the day by offering the single-payer system, thus nationalizing the entire healthcare system.

I can see Obama taking gun ownership and turning that into a police-state simply to ease the fears that would arise if we were disarmed.

See, Obama takes our guns, crime using firearms rises. The people complain. Obama comes in with a solution.

In order to secure the safety of the American people, we must become a perpetual police state.

Obama creates the problem. The people suffer.

Then he comes in and offers a "solution". "

And

"Gun control is a cowards reaction to freedom.

Freedom is a double-edged sword.

With real freedom comes the risk that people won't use their freedom appropriately.

Instead of embracing freedom and all that it entails, our cowardly government and their cowardly followers choose to embrace a false security at the cost of freedom. "

I can't make it simpler than what I've stated.

Sandy Hook wasn't caused by the government, but you damn well can bet that they are using it to the hilt!

My 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
They can pass all the legislation they want.

The guns are already out there.

They are not going to go door to door confiscating guns, it's just completely impractical and unrealistic.
Not to mention it would put many officers unnecessarily at risk of harm.

For any type of confiscation to work, it would take a SWAT team going into every home. They would be at it from sun up to sun down, every day for YEARS.

The country is entirely too broke to pay the police the over-time. You think the cops are going to participate in that kind of nonsense for free?

Not going to happen.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Err...The USA has guns to prevent this sort of tyranny so why not get together and just tell them you aint happy, now i may be a brit but if your right to bear arms is being removed then you'd better make it known to the politicians what you want with a well armed but peaceful protest

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The 114th Congress will show the price of betrayal. As it is has before. Let's see whose careers are going down when they sign off their jobs in these efforts.
Do show us quickly.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Can I still tape two smaller capacity magazines together?

Typical of the government to ram things through congress. Most of them don't bother going through new bills even though there are hidden ones within the hundreds of pages of political jargon
edit on 5-1-2013 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
They can pass all the legislation they want.

The guns are already out there.

They are not going to go door to door confiscating guns, it's just completely impractical and unrealistic.

For any type of confiscation to work, it would take a SWAT team going into every home. They would be at it from sun up to sun down, every day for YEARS.

The country is entirely too broke to pay the police the over-time. You think the cops are going to participate in that kind of nonsense for free?

Not going to happen.

What you need to do is imagine a scenario where people would be willing to give their weapons up voluntarily.

THAT'S what they are doing.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Please. Obama would LOVE to go on TV and cry fake tears for all those cops that would be gunned down by ``evil gun owners``... it would only give him more political power to pass any crap he wants.

Never let a crisis go to waste, especially when YOU created the crisis.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'm afraid they have part of that figured out as it is. I've noted before that the best and most effective way to disarm this nation is to use our own fears, petty bigotry and greed against us. A progressive system of cash rewards far surpassing anything current Crime-Stopper style tip lines produce should do the trick and I'm said to say, I can't see how it wouldn't work too.

It may take time and the last rounds for those hold outs that just need the right price to sell their Souls, but eventually they can find that price on almost everyone I think. Even as recent as a few decades ago, I think anyone trying it would have been bitterly disappointed by how many wouldn't trade values for cash. Today? Values are the stuff of ridicule if not actual reason to look sideways at someone who claims to put any above all else in life.

I really fear they'd find more than any of us are willing to admit, even to ourselves, who would sell out their fellow citizens and neighbors for some extra ration in the form of a check or cash payment from Uncle Slammy.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

Most of the good cops will be long gone if this goes down as speculated. Thus we will be left with the drones aka roidheads.....When they realize their muscle mass is no object to a bullet, they will soon abandon post as well. The globalist might be smart, but they sure as hell don't qualify as geniouses.....

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You mean something like guns for food or toys for Christmas? (By the way, did you see that AT-4 that got turned in?)

Yeah I see your point there, but they offer amnesty when they do that. And from what I understand it is mostly unregistered "illegal" weapons that get turned in during those events.

But even that is just a drop in the bucket. It will not be successful.

It's just another thing that will be illegal, filling prisons and generating funds through tickets and fines.
Pretty much everything is illegal these days. I probably break 5 laws every day before breakfast.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like it and it pisses me off. But I am not overly concerned that they will be successful at accomplishing anything.

This is the Govt. we're talking about, they routinely fail at everything.
edit on 5-1-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaneOfQuo
Can I still tape two smaller capacity magazines together?

edit on 5-1-2013 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

I'd advise against it - there's too much danger of bashing the open and downward-pointing feed clip of the mag you're not using and bending the metal so that it won't load.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

It's just another thing that will be illegal, filling prisons and generating funds through tickets and fines.
Pretty much everything is illegal these days. I probably break 5 laws every day before breakfast.

Hmmmmm, interesting.....Now keep in mind what I am about to say is purely speculation and verges on fantasy, but what IF, people had networks set up in their communities, that when these facists gun turn in checkpoints were set up, these groups organized and collectively came after the turn in facilities in mass and shut them down??

Think about it, resources would be stretched thin to accomplish these turn in points and imagine the arms that could be gained, (speaking hypothetically) by the new militias!

Sorry, but just my overly active imagination spinning in endless circles, if ya know what I mean....

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Feinstein has been raging about firearms since her days in SF when Mayor Moscone and Harvey Milk were assassinated by Dan White (a disgruntled former employee). Anybody remember the "Twinkie Defense"?

Every time there is a gun related mass murder she jumps up and calls for gun bans. Some legislation is introduced and it ultimately falls short... except for a few new restrictions, either to magazine capacity, length of barrel, type of ammunition, whatever. Its a slow stranglehold on the second amendment which she always seems to be in the forefront of.

The same thing will happen here. A big melee followed by calls for sweeping legislation and ultimately, a few new limits on citizen gun rights.

They won't take them away, but they might limit new sales.

They won't require anyone to give them up, but you may have to register those you already have (there will be fees for that).

And they might not keep you from buying more, just background you and charge more to buy one.

The scariest thing about the Newly elected American President is his statement that things need to change in regard to guns... "No more politics". Meaning the constitution.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Gotta be careful about that imagination these days. I don't think it's a crime to imagine yet ...but I don't know about voicing one's imaginings. I haven't had a chance to read the latest bills to squeak through under pressure and no one reading them all. Ya never know! (goes back under desk to type in safe, secure fashion)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lolita64

If this Admin were to use Executive orders to implement various gun control measures, can the next Admin use it's own Executive orders to overturn them?

The previous AWB lost the Democrats control of both houses and really did not accomplish much in reducing violence.

I guess that they are not learning from past lessons.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join