It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only one chapter in a book in the bible tells the truth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
And that chapter is Revelation 13. What do you all have to say on Revelation 13?

Name of the beast is Satan. Number of his name is 5.

Revelation 13 spells out Satan rapture from earth.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So now we know that it was the OP who wrote the bible, and lied a lot.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Well, thanks for nothing! Interesting title but complete thread fail. I wish you would've given more.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hold on according to the Pixies, If the devil is 6 then god is 7

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not even a quote of Scripture? Supporting opinions? Rationale or logic, let alone the meaning of the number 5?

I'm still waiting to learn the meaning of the number 42, personally...that author didn't start a thread I could reply to and leave me hanging on it either.

So.....for those of us who don't have the Good Book at our finger tips and don't care to go reading online.... care to hum a few notes to give a hint?
edit on 5-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Just for you OP

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Satan has 5 letters.. is that what you mean

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? and ?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Revelation was written by an old man in a cave... likely with some form of dementia...

Try reading the gospels... They're the ONLY place you'll actually find truth in said book

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

What verse are you referring to? The closest I could find is Revelation 13:18 "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six." KJV

Where does the number 5 come from?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I find Revelation 17 much more interesting and pertinent, myself... but it's all important.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And what grows in caves? Mushrooms!!!! lol. Need I say more?
2nd.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Huh what?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by Akragon

And what grows in caves? Mushrooms!!!! lol. Need I say more?
2nd.

Cows live in caves?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sure....

Ever play minecraft?

Some even live in trees

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
"Find a person with a tattered Bible & you will find a person with their life together .

Find a person with a new Bible & you will find a person in distress."

& my brother you can you use that in your ministry.

Peace

edit on 6-1-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sure....

Ever play minecraft?

Some even live in trees

Naa, I was a Call of Duty guy. Lol

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I disagree, if you read it with the story of Jesus and his death in mind you'll get the meaning. Revelation 13 is about something that has already happened, not something that is going to happen in the future like the church purports.

My opinion is that Revelation 13 talks of the churches rise in power. Read it within that context and you might see it like I do. The beast is Jesus the Messiah who was fatally wounded but healed and the dragon with seven heads and ten crowns is Rome. Seven heads = seven hills in Rome, ten horns/crowns = the 10 emperors that ruled Rome. Titus was the 10th emperor of Rome and he ruled from 79-81, around the time that Revelation was written.

The second beast is the OT god in my opinion. Revelation 12 talks of a dragon (Rome) sweeping a third of the stars to Earth (inserting pagan themes into the story). It also talks of the dragon devouring the son of a woman, this is them "devouring" Jesus and turning him into the beast.

Don't discredit Revelation, it does have truth in it.

edit on 6-1-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

nah... I don't bother with revelation...

I've read it many times, and found it to hold hardly any useful information...

Its said to be "inspired" by the spirit of Jesus, yet I see no similarities between revelation and the books where his words were actually written down.

It doesn't read the same, it doesn't sound the same... Thus my conclusion of that book is simply put... Johns final attempt at writing something important while his age was catching up with him.

And while it might hold significant importance to the Christian community... I see nothing of importance or relevance within that particular book.

Also considering the OP states that this book holds the only truth within the bible... Which is laughable to myself...

I'd rather focus on tree cows...

Heres one in its natural environment...

Rather elusive critters...
edit on 6-1-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Or maybe he was putting the real events around Jesus' death out there before he died? As I said, Revelation 13 is not a prediction, it's describing what happened around the time of Jesus' death. It's a memory from the past, not a vision from the future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join