It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happened to the " whos a jew" thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Hey I posted in a thread last night someone started asking who on Ats is jewish ... What happened to that thread ... It's nowhere to be found not even in myats ... Did it get flamed or did moss take it down and why?

CX

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Haven't got a clue, didn't even know the thread existed.....i can totaly understand why the thread might get taken down though.

We have enough people passing through the net who love to target random strangers on the net, don't need a thread giving them a list.

Too much of it these days.

I apologize if the thread was innocently asking the question, like someone would if they wanted to know who else played guitar or something like that, but it's not quite the same is it?

Does whether you're a Jew even make a difference here?

CX.

ETA: Usually a moderator tells you the reason why a thread was removed or moved, you may get a message soon.

edit on 5/1/13 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by 42sadhu
Hey I posted in a thread last night someone started asking who on Ats is jewish ... What happened to that thread ... It's nowhere to be found not even in myats ... Did it get flamed or did moss take it down and why?

Why do you ask. would you base liking a person on how they answered the question?

Des

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It was innocent enough ... Just another guy asking if he had Jewish brothers on here ... It had a few replies before I went to sleep ... And now its just gone ... Not 404d ... Not in my subscribed threads ... Nothing ... I'm just confused as to how its such an offensive question ... I thought it was nice to be able to know who else on here shared common beliefs ... Huh?

CX

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Having read the question again over a cuppa, maybe i am just thinking the worst.

I've just seen enough Jew bashing done here, across the net and in real life.....maybe i jumped to conclusions and thought about what kind of can of worms that question could open?

Maybe i over reacted.

CX.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Absolutely not ... But as I'm Jewish I was hoping to meet a few others on here

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

As you said, you went to bed with only a few replies in the thread. May be the trolls had a troll fest later, and it got taken down for being offensive.

Des

CX

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

It was innocent enough ... Just another guy asking if he had Jewish brothers on here ... It had a few replies before I went to sleep ... And now its just gone ... Not 404d ... Not in my subscribed threads ... Nothing ... I'm just confused as to how its such an offensive question ... I thought it was nice to be able to know who else on here shared common beliefs ... Huh?

Thanks for the explanation.

I wouldn't say it's an offensive question, depending on what is done with the answer......maybe the management were airing on the side of caution?

CX.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Haha well that's what I'm "assuming" ... Just curious that's why I ask ... Hopefully a mod will let me know

CX

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Absolutely not ... But as I'm Jewish I was hoping to meet a few others on here

Ah that would explain it. No different that masons meeting other masons and the likes.

CX.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Exactly that's how I see it ... I guess I just feel a bit jipped as I hardly ever feel the need to post in a thread and I finally do and its shot down haha

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

You can message a Mod, and ask them. I've always found the Mods on ATS to be helpful in answering questions.

As an added note. I, being of German Jewish descent in part of my Family line, have in the past, alerted a very offensive thread to the Mods. As I'm sure others did. That thread was eventually 404'd for being mean, viscous, and divisive.

Some topics can start out well enough, with the best of intentions...then slip below the baseline of civility...those don't deserve a spot on ATS.

Des

edit on 5-1-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hi op

I seen the thread

It would appear that the discussion went off topic
and a few bitch slaps were thrown in...sending it crashing lol

though it did generate to much heat that was not needed

dave

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

Ahh alas ... I thought of messaging a mod but not knowing which one had the authority I didn't wanna just message a random ... But so it was just trolls jumping in and ruining it? ... Just hoping it wasn't something more sinister

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
As per the T&C.

ii) You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to collect or ask for the personal information (data mining) about forum members, including email addresses and "real life" names, in any manner whatsoever, or for any reason whatsoever.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I mean no disrespect but that holds no weight with this topic ... What is the difference in asking whos a den or rep ... Or who here believes in god ... Or for a anyone attend uni ... Or what's your mother tounge ... There is nothing about asking who is Jewish that could reveal any personal details about someone ... Again no disrespect I just hope that truly isn't the reason

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

That in conjunction with the fact it was a minimalist OP, along with the atmosphere of replies that was being given.

Deemed not good for ATS and again, against the general rules of asking members for personal information.

As the answer has been provided, thread closed.

Feel free to send a Alert to staff or PM if you need further clarification.

~Tenth

new topics

top topics

join