Ron Paul liberty activists successfully takeover Iowa state GOP

page: 1
20

log in

join
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
In an effort to take over the entire Republican party apparatus, supporters of Ron Paul have taken the 'liberty' of organizing at the grassroots level to work their way up the system.

Their efforts have seen victories small and large throughout the nation and at almost every level of party and government politics from county central committee and executive, to state central committee and executive, to national committee of the GOP. & It certainly doesn't end there.

Today Ron Paul supporters organized to maintain the chairmanship and majority of the state executive board/committee of the Iowa state GOP apparatus. Also take into consideration that out of a board of 18, there were only 7 Ron Paul supporters, they needed at least two people to believe in their message to win the chairmanship, with the current chairman being able to break a 9-9 tie if needed.

Bill Schickel (the non-Ron Paul supporter) made his pitch for chairmanship, losing by a pretty large margin of 13-5 to the Ron Paul supporter, A.J. Spiker, who was able to win 6 more non-Ron Paul supporters on top of the 7 known supporters that he had.



They didn't have the majority but still won and thats the most important message to take away from this whole scenario. The Ron Paul MESSAGE is being embraced by people who were not originally supporters of the old man.



theiowarepublican.com...



1:52 pm – Chairman Spiker first thanks Bill Schickel for his long service to the party. Big round of applause for him. David Fischer wins co-chair with 11 votes. Eric Rosenthal got 4 votes. Wes Enos got 3. There you have it. A.J. Spiker is still the RPI chairman and David Fischer is co-chair. The Ron Paul takeover of the Republican Party of Iowa is complete.


Iowa, of course, is famously known as 'first in the nation' when it comes to presidential primaries and is also where Ron Paul was famously known for overcoming the media by firing up his grassroots to only come within 1% of winning the 2011 Iowa Presidential Straw Poll.

This doesn't make establishment types happy because they have no control over grassroots politics so they are looking to sack the Iowa Summer Straw Poll entirely but not if A.J. Spiker (current Iowa GOP Chairman) has anything to say about it. Not only that but they are employing siege tactics, desperately witholding funds/resources/donations as they themselves run out of air.


Ron Paul, through his official facebook page has congratulated his supporters for their victory.



Congratulations to A.J. Spiker, my former Iowa 2012 presidential campaign state co-chairman, on his reelection as Iowa GOP State Chairman! And congratulations to Dave Fischer, another of my former Iowa campaign co-chairmen, on his election as Iowa GOP Vice Chairman. A.J. and Dave’s success proves our movement is becoming more effective than ever.




P.S.

I'm also happy to announce that Ed Martin won the Missouri GOP Chairman position today as well. Another victory for the Ron Paul rLOVEution.



politicmo.com...



On Saturday, the Missouri Republican State Committee elected Ed Martin to serve as party chairman, voting 34 to 32 against incumbent David Cole. The vote came down to a second ballot. Former State Sen. Jane Cunningham pulled seven votes in the first round, which was not enough to advance.
edit on 5-1-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
There has been a big stink going on here in Iowa about this issue. The GOP establishment folks and many of the religious "family-based" special interest groups are scared stupid!

Most of the GOP higher-ups were in the pockets of the many insurance companies and banks that call Iowa their home, and now that the RP folks are in control the people in the party are actually working on better governance, quality grass roots movements and civil liberty issues.

Needless to say, the special and corporate interests in Iowa are on red alert.....this is a good day! Now we just need the Iowa GOP to stick to their guns and bring the party back from the brink of obsolescence.



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente
 

Outstanding to hear! ! ! I've been saying since Ron Paul lost the Missouri Caucus that this is the only way this can happen peacefully. It *WILL* work this way to. The system has rules and the rules are clear....it just takes knowledge citizens as a whole haven't bothered to get through all the party B.S. meant to discourage people from even trying. They make this impression that it's all a lost hope and no one can change anything. Well.....If they wait till 6 or 12 months before the election? That's true. If they don't start at the bottom? That's absolutely true.

THIS is what will have the 'Old Guard' trying to cheat in changing rules and making it up to block the moves....but if the numbers are there, they're just men like everyone else and put their pants on one leg at a time like us. The corrupt 'smokey back room' party bosses CAN BE BEAT. If it starts and doesn't stop from the bottom up.


This is where true hope lay!

edit on 5-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
There has been a big stink going on here in Iowa about this issue. The GOP establishment folks and many of the religious "family-based" special interest groups are scared stupid!

Most of the GOP higher-ups were in the pockets of the many insurance companies and banks that call Iowa their home, and now that the RP folks are in control the people in the party are actually working on better governance, quality grass roots movements and civil liberty issues.

Needless to say, the special and corporate interests in Iowa are on red alert.....this is a good day! Now we just need the Iowa GOP to stick to their guns and bring the party back from the brink of obsolescence.


Working within the California GOP myself, I totally get what you're talking about. Big money runs almost E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G and it is tough to try and get anything done without them having a say about it. Luckily, we have great people/activists who are great at organizing and are passionate for the cause. Exposing the truth always works!

Sheep, keep us updated on Iowa as the juicy details develop!



posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000
 


Agreed, if more people would get involved, we would be doing much better but I must say, we have been doing very well already.

Victories like this are taking place all over the country, I can't wait to see the progress we make in two and four years time.



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente
 


Keep up the good work Paulites
,

Im an independent with some left leaning views and some right leaning views. I really appreciated the message Ron Paul had last election and it was one I could get behind. Honestly what really got me interested in him was the blackout of his message at first in the primaries.

So I looked him up to see his message and I began to understand why "they" kept sweeping him under the rug. That old saying sums it up for me. "If it aint broke dont fix it" well sorry to say our politics are broke so lets fix it.

His people may or may not be the ones to do that, but at least they are trying and for that I applaud each and every one of you/them.



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenJack
reply to post by eLPresidente
 


Keep up the good work Paulites
,

Im an independent with some left leaning views and some right leaning views. I really appreciated the message Ron Paul had last election and it was one I could get behind. Honestly what really got me interested in him was the blackout of his message at first in the primaries.

So I looked him up to see his message and I began to understand why "they" kept sweeping him under the rug. That old saying sums it up for me. "If it aint broke dont fix it" well sorry to say our politics are broke so lets fix it.

His people may or may not be the ones to do that, but at least they are trying and for that I applaud each and every one of you/them.


Thank You good sir. I see you're from Michigan? Good things are happening in your state on the liberty front.

Ron Paul actually won Detroit in the 2012 primaries, Justin Amash is from your state as well as many other little interesting tidbits.



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by eLPresidente
 

Outstanding to hear! ! ! I've been saying since Ron Paul lost the Missouri Caucus that this is the only way this can happen peacefully. It *WILL* work this way to. The system has rules and the rules are clear....it just takes knowledge citizens as a whole haven't bothered to get through all the party B.S. meant to discourage people from even trying. They make this impression that it's all a lost hope and no one can change anything. Well.....If they wait till 6 or 12 months before the election? That's true. If they don't start at the bottom? That's absolutely true.

THIS is what will have the 'Old Guard' trying to cheat in changing rules and making it up to block the moves....but if the numbers are there, they're just men like everyone else and put their pants on one leg at a time like us. The corrupt 'smokey back room' party bosses CAN BE BEAT. If it starts and doesn't stop from the bottom up.


This is where true hope lay!

edit on 5-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)


Very true post! This effort to actually 'take over' the GOP at a local/state level and up is what encourages me. You are right, there is nothing that inherently keeps things the way that they are. Just noone actually tries to use the system to their advantage. They just wait until right before an election and hope the masses vote a certain way for president. If this effort continues, we can really change this country, and before long, too.



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Republicans would be wise to adopt a more libertarian platform, because they don't have much to offer anymore otherwise. They aren't really much different than democrats to me. They don't even stand up for themselves in a House that they control. Why should anyone vote republican when all they do is cave to the democrats? I also don't understand a world in which fiscally responsible citizens are labeled racists and fringe. Voting to spend money you don't have is considered mainstream and normal these days. It's amazing how short-sighted both parties are now. They vote on issues that they never settle. They agree to just vote on it again in a few more months. I personally think this is a sign of being a the end of our rope. The lawmakers just can't swallow the bitter pill it's going to take to get this ship righted, therefore, they vote on these mini-deals that don't do much of anything. It's like they are all waiting for some magic bullet to come through for them instead of doing the hard work.

Good to see some grass roots movement linked to Ron Paul though. Bottom up is the only way you could possibly change our government. Most of the politicians on the national stage have already been bought and sold. They can't make common sense decisions because of it.



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I realy would have loved to have seen this guy in office. He would have been a wonderful leader. Oh well better look next time



posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Long live Dr. Paul!



posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandcastler
Republicans would be wise to adopt a more libertarian platform, because they don't have much to offer anymore otherwise. They aren't really much different than democrats to me. They don't even stand up for themselves in a House that they control. Why should anyone vote republican when all they do is cave to the democrats? I also don't understand a world in which fiscally responsible citizens are labeled racists and fringe. Voting to spend money you don't have is considered mainstream and normal these days. It's amazing how short-sighted both parties are now. They vote on issues that they never settle. They agree to just vote on it again in a few more months. I personally think this is a sign of being a the end of our rope. The lawmakers just can't swallow the bitter pill it's going to take to get this ship righted, therefore, they vote on these mini-deals that don't do much of anything. It's like they are all waiting for some magic bullet to come through for them instead of doing the hard work.

Good to see some grass roots movement linked to Ron Paul though. Bottom up is the only way you could possibly change our government. Most of the politicians on the national stage have already been bought and sold. They can't make common sense decisions because of it.


You made a good point and the good news is more people ARE realizing this and moving towards the libertarian message. It will literally be the GOP's saving grace.

It is why so many liberty victories are won not only by Ron Paul supporters and sympathasizers but by those who are starting to come around and realize that they don't have much air left and that the only hope is the future aka 'Ron Paul baby boomers'.

Yes it is true Ron Paul has retired from Congress but he has left a 'golden' path of inspiration and opportunity for new activists and now several members of congress and the senate are given the duty to protect the fort of freedom.





new topics
top topics
 
20

log in

join


Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant
read more: Ora.TV's Off The Grid with Jesse Ventura and AboveTopSecret.com Partner Up to Stay Vigilant