It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Constant Cough? See My Treatment For The Flu Cough!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I found this really good article about coughing...especially after I was reading about all the influenza outbreak happening in BC, Canada, and the world.

I highly recommend you read it, and I have been following it to a tee!

Constant Cough? Are There Reasons You Can't Stop Coughing?

www.steadyhealth.com...

If you have been coughing for days or even weeks, you probably need to see a doctor for a diagnosis. The possibilities for the cause of constant coughing, however, are a lot more than a lingering cold or bad allergies.
What are the most common causes of chronic cough?

ACE inhibitors
Acute bronchitis
Air pollution
Allergies to dander, dust, and pollens
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
Gastroesophageal reflux disease
Pertussis
Other respiratory infections

Now this is the part in the article I found the most useful as I related it it to the common influenza going around.

What To Do About Chronic Cough?

What can you do about chronic cough? Aside from treating the underlying disease conditions, try these helpful considerations.

Take a vitamin B supplement that includes vitamin B6. You may not experience greater lung capacity, but you will probably experience less wheezing and coughing.

Eat a piece of fruit every day and servings of green vegetables several times a week. Studies in the UK of people with asthma, chronic bronchitis, or COPD who never ate fruit or vegetables have consistently noted dramatic improvement after including even one serving of fruit and vegetables a day in the diet.

Indentify your personal coughing triggers, whether they are tobacco smoke, some frequently eaten food, fumes, dust, or pollen, and make a point of avoiding them.

So how to reduce a cough? Well, using the information above, I have populated a formula I use which helps a lot:

- Vitamin B100 (1 tab a day)
- Vitamin C (4000-6000 mg daily)
- Zinc (180 mg per day)
- Herbal Tea (no sugar)
- Onions (2-3 per day)
- Garlic (1 clover per day)
- Broccoli & spinach leaves (2-3 handfuls daily)
- Apple, bananas, grapes (1 handful daily)
- Halls Mentho-Lyptus (cherry flavor) - I pop these things one after another and usually end up going through 3 packs over two days...great for keeping inflammation down and clearing nasal passages too
- Benylin Extra Strength (All-In-One Cold & Flu) - follow as directed (2 tbsp every 6 hrs)

I have had a bad flu starting 2 nights ago. What I did yesterday was follow the above recipe and today I have been feeling so much better. I coughed like every minute or two when I first got sick to now maybe once every 15 or 20 minutes.

If you have anything else to add, that would be great. I wish everyone a healthy winter season, and look forward to your thoughts!

edit on 5-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: changed thread title and added notes
IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Jan 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote, ex tags added

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, I will definitely put it to good use.

Been coughing for WEEKS...

BTW, Yoga is clearly NOT what it appears to be...

Avoid ANYTHING and everything that ties into mainstream new-age propaganda.

ALL of it is a lie and has a stealth agenda behind it...

INFO ON YOGA:
www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com...
www.thebereancall.org...
solasisters.blogspot.com...
youtu.be... Documentary "Yoga Unveiled"
youtu.be... Yoga Secrets" by katpiering
youtu.be... "The Truth Behind Yoga/Baby Yoga"
youtu.be... "Dr. Scott Johnson Pt. 1-11 Yoga Exposed"
www.youtube.com... Shows the role of yoga in context of the bigger picture
www.scribd.com...

BTW: also I LOVE the thread in the sig about the "78 yr old man who beat incurable cancer"...

edit on 5-1-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I've been coughing for weeks. Got sick from my 21st bonfire haha. Didn't know it was more than just me. Really inspiring me to quit smoking though. Cigerettes not the good stuff

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer777
I've been coughing for weeks. Got sick from my 21st bonfire haha. Didn't know it was more than just me. Really inspiring me to quit smoking though. Cigerettes not the good stuff

Smoking is one of the major causes for coughing (hence smoker's cough). You may want to cut down the amount you smoke or quit altogether. My advice is the latter decision. But you may still find that Halls medicine will help soothe the inflammation in your bronchi related to smoking (short term remedy).

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Thank you Skywatcher2011 for a nice post. I've had this 'thing' - I do hesitate to call it a flu or a cold - for a while. The cough - bronchial cough - was bad and is still hanging on after three weeks. I have the fatigue, headaches and overall malaise as well and it's slow to be rid of. I had no sinus involvement, nor fever.

I find that, among those I know, the symptoms are very individual. I know people that have high fevers, those that have gotten pneumonia and other more flue like outcomes.

Your list of support measures is good; however I would add lots and lots of water and leave out the "Cold and Flu" OTC remedy. I have found that these OTC remedies tend to prolong the disease. The symptoms may feel better for a while - but the don't do anything for the underlying illness.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

You are right...OTC medication mask the problems...but if you use the ingredients in my list those are the true warriors which help battle the coughing. Why suffer from coughing? You need not. Once your coughing subsides, ease off the OTC's.

Water is very important, you are right. I include water in my tea. But if you wish to have plain water that is fine too just add some freshly squeezed lemon to it

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Update:

I actually had enough energy built up to hit the gym. I ended up working out for about an hour and half. In all that time I only coughed three times lifting weights (which is better than yoga!)...and that was only when I took deep breaths.

So far this prescription I have going on is doing a bang job! I wouldn't be bragging about this but if it wasn't working

edit on 5-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Update 2:

Since last time I posted I only had one small bout of coughing. Other than that, my nose is not really running anymore and my headaches/muscle aches are disappearing.

So, I cannot complain so far of what I have been doing. I feelmuch better and my energy levels are quite high.

I have to mention that instead of eating the veggies and fruits, I actually made 3 tall smoothies out of them...so much easier to do and faster absorbed by the digestive system.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join