It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Furious!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Who were the idiots that said ending the Bush tax cuts would ONLY affect the rich? Who were the people that said I had nothing to worry about because I’m part of the middle class? And please don’t say that ending the Bush tax cuts isn’t a tax. If that were the case, I wouldn’t see another $400.00 in TAXES taken out of my check every month!

There are NO words that can express how irate I am at the moment! You libtards can say all you want to justify this, but either way, at the end of the day, I am $400.00 less every month!

I really didn't think I would be effected much, but I just knew in the back of my mind, I would be getting screwed!

I was obviously right!

I am soooo pissed off right now that I can hardly write this! I will be back later to comment!

Thanks a lot Obama-jad!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
You give people a temporary tax break to stimulate the failing economy, like taking 2 percent off the Social Security tax, and they complain when they have to start paying it again. That was just a temporary thing and it makes up a lot of what you are seeing as an increase. It could be worse, they could start making us all pay off the national debt. That will soon be a reality.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Obama, Bush, same thing. While it's true that one party is responsible, that's only because Dems and Reps are like professional wrestlers dancing around getting paid to make the audience think they hate each other.
edit on 5-1-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think you may be confused as to whom is to blame for all this. It lies on the shoulders of congress, both Democrats and Republicans. Obama doesn't have anything to do with it until a bill comes to his desk. Everything else is handled by Congress.

Don't just blame the "libtards" blame the Republicans as well. Their actions, or inaction, are just as much to blame as anyone else.

I really wish people had a better understanding of what happens in our government. All to often we point fingers in the wrong direction and completely miss the root cause of what ails us.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Actually most of the Bush tax cuts were extended by the "fiscal cliff" deal.
Not to say that you aren't getting shafted, we all are.

None of us should be paying tax on our income, we already get taxed on everything else.

I wonder what percentage of our income it actually comes out to, if you were to add up all the taxes you pay on everything?
edit on 5-1-2013 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
Obama, Bush, same thing. It's true that one party is responsible, but that's because Dems and Reps are like professional wrestlers dancing around getting paid to make the audience think they hate each other.

It's so sad that so many people still don't get it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by forgetmenot
Dems and Reps are like professional wrestlers dancing around getting paid to make the audience think they hate each other.

Someone asked: What is more scripted, Professional wrestling or Presidential debates?

Answer: The Presidential Debates. Goldman Sachs always wins.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Self employed, and I work every single loophole to avoid paying taxes. The rich do it so do I.

Wage slaves are the truly at the whim of those they work for and the mighty taxman. Start doing anything you can to remove your dependence on an "employer". Do you have a skill or a really neat hobby? If so find some way to make money on it. If you are self employed you will pay so little in taxes your head will spin.

I can't post my methods as the internet is no longer "safe" but I have not paid State or Federal income taxes for 25 years now. The best part? I had no issues with either agency until recently when the IRS found a $1,600 amount from 23 years ago that has turned into 12,000! Gonna hire a lawyer over that one..... Of course they never told me I owed them until I had over 100k in the bank..... Oh and whats really cool is that it seems it is on me to prove that a now non-existent employer did not withhold enough cash.
Rat Bastards.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Propulsion
If that were the case, I wouldn’t see another $400.00 in TAXES taken out of my check every month!

I think you mean $400 "a year". If you're going to have $400 taken out a month, then you're bringing in some substantial monthly income, in which case $400 won't mean squadiddly.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Well this should cheer you up,i live on less than the extra your paying...

would you like a lolly

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Yeah. Only someone earning around $240,000/yr would see $400/month coming out of his pay.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
adjust your tax rate that you have taken out.

Although the bush tax cuts were only meant to be
temporary anyway. They just kept getting extended
and extended, which has helped us end up where
we are now.

I hav

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
adjust your tax rate that you have taken out.

Although the bush tax cuts were only meant to be
temporary anyway. They just kept getting extended
and extended, which has helped us end up where
we are now.

I have to agree with others though, if its $400 a
check, i would not consider you "Middle Class"
since now days most make much less than that.
edit on 5-1-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

the IRS found a $1,600 amount from 23 years ago that has turned into 12,000! Gonna hire a lawyer over that one..... Of course they never told me I owed them until I had over 100k in the bank..... Oh and whats really cool is that it seems it is on me to prove that a now non-existent employer did not withhold enough cash.

the amount you owe is likely something they made up.
they are 'phishing' for people who don't understand the b.s.
it sounds like you have done some research into 'finacial freedom' .
if so , you may already have read what you need to do and have forgotten

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

Been on that trip for a long time. Need to do a refresher on how to handle it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It wasn't just the tax holiday that ended, Obamacare went into effect on Jan 1st, as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

I am furious that no one bothered to answer your question with any FACTS.

Anyway, the Bush Tax Cuts for the 98 % were in fact saved. That's not what you are seeing on your check. Obama , that "evil" man you were talking about, early in his first term fought for and obtained and ADDITIONAL Payroll Tax HOLIDAY that was set to expire this year. That was all the REPUBLICANS would give him. So, when the whole fiasco took place at the end of the year, the REPUBLICANS refused to pass the PAYROLL TAX HOLIDAY that Obama tried to keep for you. They said no and almost kept you from keeping the Bush tax cuts so you would have been extra screwed. The Payroll tax Holiday EXPIRED because the Republicans would not allow it to come to a vote in the HOUSE of REPS lead by the REPUBLICANS. I understand you are upset about it, but you are blaming the Easter Bunny for getting coal in your Christmas socking if you know what I mean.

Deny Ignorance (Unless it's an attack on Obama)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I just got a $6000 dollar check to buy my own yearly medical coverage that got yanked. It was $4000 after they taxed it. I also received a $1,100 signing bonus, after taxes was $400.

The new insurance I purchase myself has a $2000 or more deductible we must pay 1st. My raise is $1200 a year.

So with this all....I can pay premiums barely for my family monthly ($300-400 a month)...have to pay $2000 deductibles myself, buy my own prescriptions for heart meds...and my "raise" gives me $1200 more a yr....so Ill be $800 short taking all this when it settles down.

The new taxes cut it all further.

Yes...this is a Union job at one of the Big Three auto makers in Michigan US in Security/ERT Response Team.

Im blessed to even have a job and to be working.

But, I'd like at least a kiss before I get screwed.......

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grmmar

top topics

join