It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Blames Poorly Made Shirt for Bulge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So Bush lied yet again?

He can't lie in bed straight, and that's not just due to his stiff shirts.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
So Bush lied yet again?

Its not unheard of for people to NOT discuss security issues. Or give another excuse. The Secret Service well...... likes to be secret about its protection arrangements. Logicaly its the way to go.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Gotcha.

The Secret Service wants security to be secure and secret, so it instructs the Commander In Chief to lie about stiff shirts. Thanks for clarifying.

Why doesn't Bush take heed when he is told that cooked, fabricated and fraudulent intelligence have been presented and ought not be relied upon -instead ignoring the warnings and taking the US into an ill-conceived, corrupt and disastrous war?

So Bush lied again?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Gotcha.

The Secret Service wants security to be secure and secret, so it instructs the Commander In Chief to lie about stiff shirts. Thanks for clarifying.

Why doesn't Bush take heed when he is told that cooked, fabricated and fraudulent intelligence have been presented and ought not be relied upon -instead ignoring the warnings and taking the US into an ill-conceived, corrupt and disastrous war?

So Bush lied again?

Well Kerry and democrats sure used a couple of stories which were fraudulent, not finding all the information and spinning them around to fit their own agenda.....

There was a thread on ATS about this, and there were some pictures of Bush's back....the "bulges" were on different parts of his shirt as he moved around, and Kerry had "bulges" on his shirt too.....

Have you even notice the "bulges" Bush's shirts make when he is not wearing a suit?......

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Yawn..... Someone hit the record player its skipping again. Thump Ah much better now. Back to the bulge as it were. So if you are so convinced that Bush is lying, please illuminate us with the proof as it were. Or is this a case of the "Avatars Razor"? No matter how farfetched, if it spun by a democrat against Bush it must be the truth!

[edit on 10/26/04 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Try replacing your gramophone with one of those new fangled tape recorders that don't skip. LOL.

You said Bush said it was a poorly tailored shirt. Then you said (IYHO) it was a ballistic vest. So if what you say is true, then Bush lied. Again.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

You said Bush said it was a poorly tailored shirt. Then you said (IYHO) it was a ballistic vest. So if what you say is true, then Bush lied. Again.

Bit of a difference. The first post is an ATSNN story. We try hard to keep political / personal bias out of the inital report. That is what the President said in the report. My 2nd post offered my opinion that it was a ballistic vest. Never said I agreed with the Bush statement, however, as I explained above maybe that was a request fromt he Secret Service?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I would not dispute that at all!

Bush would lie for the Secret Service, for Cheney, and for anyone that pays his self-serving interests well enough.

Calling a ballistic vest a bad shirt would be one of the smallest lies in his term of office. Just one more in a long string of more evil untruths.

[edit on 26-10-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
This is so frustrating! This is such an obvious lie! I can't believe that Americans would believe this lie! Does anyone know if any of the major networks are filling in the American people to this or are they to scared to stand against Bush and expose him for the obvious untrustful liar he is?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
(AP) President Bush sees the value and the humor in the idea that aides could secretly feed him advice through a radio receiver hidden on his back.

"Please explain to me how it works so maybe if I were ever to debate again I could figure it out," Mr. Bush said Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

After television cameras showed a box-shaped bulge on his back during the first presidential debate, Internet bloggers wondered whether Mr. Bush had been wired to receive help with his responses from aides such as White House communications director Dan Bartlett and senior adviser Karen Hughes.

When asked about the bulge that appeared as he and Sen. John Kerry debated Sept. 30 in Coral Gables, Fla., Mr. Bush tantalized conspiracy theorists by saying, "Well, you know, Karen Hughes and Dan Bartlett had rigged up a sound system ... "

Such a funny prez, isnt he?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Or maybe he has a ceramic plate to protect against a long rifle shot? The bulge in the back would protect the heart from an elevated sniper shooting him in the back.

Why wasnt he wearing a helmet then?
Wouldnt it be better to aim for the head?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Why wasnt he wearing a helmet then?
Wouldnt it be better to aim for the head?

Nitpick: Helmets don't stop bullets too well, and a small undercover breastplate would not stop a sniper rifle round.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
After reading all of these posts, it has become very clear that Bush's explanation is the correct one.

1. Why would he wear 60's era radio equipment so easily spotted by such "bright" ATSers?

2. Why would he wear a vest? Both theories seem highly unlikely.

What's next?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The biggest question for me is why would a millionaire wear crappy shirts? And if he's admitting it, will they ever let him in the golf club again?

[edit on 26-10-2004 by kegs]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Bush heard that Kerry was a backstabbing son of a bitch. (Which seems fitting).

Thus, he needed to wear something to protect his back.

Hell, if I ever met Kerry, I'd wear armor on my back too. I just don't trust him.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Dont trust Kerry?

I personally, feel all warm and fuzzy inside everytime I have Bush thoughts.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Dont trust Kerry?

I personally, feel all warm and fuzzy inside everytime I have Bush thoughts.

Do you trust Kerry with his "New Army of Patriots" after he said with Edwards they wouldn't have a draft?...among other things?

Let me think about it... Bush, might have lied about a "bulge" on his jacket... Kerry lied that if he is elected, there will be no draft....

Humm...that's a tough one...

I also love the fact that Edwards claimed the blind will see and the lame will walk if Kerry is elected.... *shakes head*

[edit on 27-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Why does Bush feel the need to lie about it?

Just say "it is something i can't discuss."

Could it be he is just a compulsive liar?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:50 AM
link   
why's everybody acting so surprised? we know the president puppet is controlled by remote. it's the receiver that's hooked directly into his spine. he's had it since he was hatched.

this is a great example of how, not only have we all disappeared (circa. sputnik), but also the media has disappeared and been consumed by the android meme. now, the android meme is replaying the only thing it knows, ....corruption. that is what the machine is replaying for us, as we are now the audience for the global theatre, and the android meme hires the troupes.
but, take heart! we are now, (hopefully) entering a post-android meme era.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
He has used transmitter before. Thats why they check press radio freqs allways before the debates..

Monkey tell monkey do

-ap

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join