It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Bush Blames Poorly Made Shirt for Bulge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
An odd shaped bulge in the back of President Bush that appeared during the debates has been blamed on poor tailoring. The bulge which was captured on television sparked debate both on the internet and here on ATS that Bush had been wired for the event.

news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - President Bush sees the value � and the humor � in the idea that aides could secretly feed him advice through a radio receiver hidden on his back.

Please explain to me how it works so maybe if I were ever to debate again I could figure it out," Bush said Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

After television cameras showed a box-shaped bulge on his back during the first presidential debate, Internet bloggers wondered whether Bush had been wired to receive help with his responses from aides such as White House communications director Dan Bartlett and senior adviser Karen Hughes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The purpose as put forth was to feed Bush information on how to counter John Kerry during the debate. Bush did not quell the internet rumors when on Sept 30th he stated "Well, you know, Karen Hughes and Dan Bartlett had rigged up a sound system ..." . Both are campaign advisors to the President.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think Bush is getting his excuses from the same place as Ashley Simpson. He'll blame it on his Drummer next, no, Acid Reflux, yeah, that's it.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Did he wear the same shirt for all three debates?
The bulge was there for all three of them.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Did he wear the same shirt for all three debates?
The bulge was there for all three of them.

While I can easily imagine that all three shirts came from the same (poor) template, I really doubt that a tailor of the caliber that caters to the most powerful men in the world could do such a terrible professional mistake!
What's next, Airforce One pilot asleep at the stick?

My shirts fit better, and I shop at Today's Man.

Wish I had a tailor

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Aelita]

Odd

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
That bulge had the sort of shape that doesn't really occur in a poorly-made shirt; it would have to have been put sewn in quite intentionally to appear like that.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If I would have to put my money on something I'd bet there is some sort of flak jacket system sewn in /or under that causes the bulge.

If they wanted to cheat/cheated they hid something invisibly small in his ear. not rig a vietnam war era radio in his back. Sure he's conservative, but that'd be ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Bush is getting his excuses from www.excuses.com

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The alien life form trying to escape from within him as it could no longer feed on brain power.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This reminds me of the Larry David Curb episode with the tent pants.

Why bother wearing a kevlar vest. Assasinations are near impossible these days.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
...being the 'dirty work' consiglieries for the Rothchilds is going to wear cheap shirts!?! Yeeaaahhh Buddy!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So does this mean that if I get a beer belly because of drinking too much cider, I'll be able to blame my shirt ? ... excellent !

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Personally I reckon he just forgot to remove the hanger!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Bad tailoring.

Vicious pretzels.

Killer Segways.

That intelligence was faulty. It's not my fault. It's never my fault. I am close to God. A dog ate my WMDs.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Oh no! David Ike was right, Bush is a shape shifting reptillian, and his tail was about to pop out. How could I have ever doubted David Ike!

[edit on 26-10-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Bush is such an idiot

I mean he should get a better tailor,

or fire who ever told him to say, what he did,

Hell he could have said, yes it is a receiver that I use to stay in touch with my SS Troopers

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I used to know a model. When she was having her picture taken only from the front it was common practice to use clothespins on the back of her shirt to create a more tailored appearance from the front.

It crossed my mind that the Bush bulge could be something like that, especially since I have heard it mentioned that the President seems to have lost weight. I could understand a couple of clips to tighten up the shirt.

But after looking carefully at the pictures, I had to dismiss this possibility. The bulge is just too large and too structured. It�s not just a wrinkled shirt, and it looks larger than even a crude clothespin (although that would have made a better excuse than claiming a wrinkled shirt).

So it would appear that the President is lying. Why and about what remain unknown. But for me this is all too symptomatic of his Presidency: the idea that anything can be brushed off with an excuse. He doesn�t even go to the trouble to make it a good excuse.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
How can we trust a man to run the free world who lies about the kind of shirt he's wearing when everyone can see it's a lie? WOW, yeah vote bush, you can trust him lol!

[edit on 26-10-2004 by J0HNSmith]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Whatever it was, it was square box and sat directly on middle of his back.

It was obvious and here's another example of the famous Bush Lies.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Maybe he left the cardboard thingy and the straight pins in the new shirt when he put it on

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
We went through before. Come on. It has to be a ballistic vest IMHO. They do have like a small plate in the back. At least the one I have seen. Its not unresonable that the Secret Service would make him wear one to protect him in a crowd of strangers. Kerry seemed to have a slight bulge as well in the 2nd debate. The president would have the best tech avalible and maybe there has been a breakthrough that has not been made avalible to the general public. Maybe much thinner than the ones worn today? Or maybe he has a ceramic plate to protect against a long rifle shot? The bulge in the back would protect the heart from an elevated sniper shooting him in the back.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join