Credit Bureaus know more about me than... ME! Hate Big Brother!

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Holy smokes I am pissed off right now. I just went to change my cell phone from Sprint to ATT. On top of the application I was asked to answer four questions to verify my identity a8s a8 fina8l step to shipping the phone I was approved for. I answered all four questions honestly and I was told I got the answers wrong! If I want an ATT phone I have to go to a store and provide ID. They gave me no options for dealing with the bad information they seem to have.

This is ridiculous! Now I have to spend HOURS of my life figuring out wtf is on my credit report that indicates I lived in cities I never have, have a home mortgage, I never had and lived someplace I never have.

This is not ID theft I am certain as I am a don't care about credit guy. I buy NOTHING on credit and cash out everything I need or want.

Tired of getting screwed with by agencies that make me prove they are wrong!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
well man, you can try using www.creditkarma.com, it doesn't go into specifics though, I'm not sure if you'll see what you're looking for, but I will tell you it is absolutely free, and doesn't require any form of payment upon registration.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Holy smokes, I just checked that website (thanks!) and apparently I have to "thin" of a credit report to even give me a score. They did however recommend that I get a secured credit card with horrible interest rates and annual fees to "build up" my credit file.

Geez, living without debt is a pain in the arse!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
This is not ID theft I am certain

You're so certain, yet there are locations you've never lived, and other items on your credit reports you know nothing about?

Sounds like the very definition of ID theft to me.

I am a don't care about credit guy.

And that's part of many peoples' problem. If you don't care about credit or your credit reports, it's very easy for someone to steal your identity and start adding stuff to your credit reports without you even knowing.

You can get all three of your credit reports for free here: www.annualcreditreport.com...

You can dispute anything on your credit reports through all three bureaus for free, however having an attorney might help as well.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I once hired a law firm (Lexington Law) that promised to improve my scores as I had a poor score due to creditors from the early 90's reselling debt and listing it as new. All it got me was $600.00 less in the bank and a letter from the credit agencies saying I was a repeat whiner and that they would no longer address anything on the report.

It is complete and total BS. I never owed more than $1000.00 to two early credit cards and they have NEVER gone away. So much for the seven year thing...... Oh and the reason those cards went unpaid? I paid out more than the original amounts by 2x's with minimum payments before realizing I was really only paying down the interest. It was a stupid kid mistake. Now they have a ton of bad info, lovely.

Just added, Tried the free credit report page. They asked me four questions, all wrong, can't even access them for weeks as it is on me to provide a ridiculous amount of information about myself first.

I HATE THESE SON OF A BITCHES.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I once hired a law firm (Lexington Law) that promised to improve my scores as I had a poor score due to creditors from the early 90's reselling debt and listing it as new. All it got me was $600.00 less in the bank and a letter from the credit agencies saying I was a repeat whiner and that they would no longer address anything on the report.

The credit agencies, by law, have to address anything and everything a consumer brings to their attention. If they denied you your rights, you can sue the piss out of them.

I used Lexington Law Firm many years ago and they got several items deleted off of my credit reports, improving my score. So, let's not go bashing them, as they do provide a service that works. Results will vary, of course.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Oh they varied all right.... I got screwed by them and they did not give a crap. Lexington Law was a giant waste of time and money for me.

Now I can't even access my own reports due to some kind of funky inability to get the questions about my own life right. It is crazy as hell, not to mention incredibly unfair that they can gather inaccurate information and screw over my life. All the while requiring months if not years of paperwork from me.

Organizations like them should hope and pray I never find out I am terminally ill..............

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

This may be a blessing in disguise.

A few years ago, I got a raise in my credit card interest rate.
I called and was informed I had an unpaid overdue debt on my report.
It wasn't mine...someone had gotten an identifying number for me and used it to have a telephone and ran up the bill.
I did get it sorted, and cleared my credit....and had a fraud alert put on my Credit Reports.

Maybe you should make sure someone isn't abusing your credit.

new topics
top topics

join