It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They really ARE trying to have Obama be our permanent Dictator!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
From what I see, H.J.Res.15 is nothing like that.

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to authorize the line item veto.

So...erm...whats the truth then? I am confused actually...the congress website shows this to be a older bill talking about line item vetos, but beforeitsnews and the like are suggesting its a new thing about dictatorship...

I think you got the wrong bill. Try this:
H.J. RES 15
edit on Sat Jan 5th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I see the full on fear mongering and hyperbole is full effect for the new year. It is a bill much like thousands this year that would go nowhere. Even if it did so what? It has only been a law since FDR. And while Obama may the first guy since Eisenhower to win more than 51% of the vote in back to back elections it is unlikely that he would run for a third time even if he could. Granted with the American recovery gaining more and more steam in 4 years he would have a very good shot, that fact is being President is a very hard and stressful job and you can see how fast it ages people. I honestly do not think he would even if he could. Of course he would have to get his parties nomination and people who have been waiting for 8 years would not give up another 4 without a fight. of course once again I have issue with a title that nothing to with the story and is notthing but fatastical hyperbowl.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to authorize the line item veto.

So...erm...whats the truth then? I am confused actually...the congress website shows this to be a older bill talking about line item vetos, but beforeitsnews and the like are suggesting its a new thing about dictatorship...

I think you got the wrong bill. Try this:
H.J. RES 15
edit on Sat Jan 5th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Strange.
2 bills, same code.
meh, no matter. whoever this Mr. Serrano guy is, he is clearly insane and needs to not be in charge of a starbucks, much less be a representative.
Of course whenever we have a POTUS we like, we want to alter rules...but then later on, we wonder why its more than 1 term when its someone we don't like...

I find it difficult to believe someone elected would put forth such a bill though...except maybe as a joke or something..lost a bet, etc..

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

There's no doubt that America is in a world of hurt, but this (repealing of the 22nd amend) has been tried many times before and it is nothing more than a self-preservationist action taken by both parties in an attempt to prolong their time frame of power.

So in the end this has nothing to do, per se, with Obama. This is something both sides try to exploit.

I stand by my statement....the bill will fail and nothing will come of it.

edit on 5-1-2013 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In honesty, I see no problem with repealing the amendment with the following conditions:

The people stop looking to the President as some sort of god and balance is restored between the branches (repeal the 17th Amendment along with it), dismantle the Presidential War Powers Act, and reign in the Executive level bureaucracies.

But until we have a deeply educated political society that is actually interested in self-governing and not constantly looking to the president (people actually thinking that the President will give them cars and such), it should remain in place.

The Executive branch of government has been increasing its power and grabs of power for the past 80 years and an increasingly anemic Congress allows it to happen.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I see the full on fear mongering and hyperbole is full effect for the new year. It is a bill much like thousands this year that would go nowhere. Even if it did so what? It has only been a law since FDR. And while Obama may the first guy since Eisenhower to win more than 51% of the vote in back to back elections it is unlikely that he would run for a third time even if he could. Granted with the American recovery gaining more and more steam in 4 years he would have a very good shot, that fact is being President is a very hard and stressful job and you can see how fast it ages people. I honestly do not think he would even if he could. Of course he would have to get his parties nomination and people who have been waiting for 8 years would not give up another 4 without a fight. of course once again I have issue with a title that nothing to with the story and is notthing but fatastical hyperbowl.

Now even I'm starting to believe what others suspect about you . You are against every bit of info that shows us the conspiracies that are obviously manifesting before our very eyes. Even the proof of their predictions. One question.
The same that gets asked on the street quite often. How much ?
edit on 5-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacespider
As a outsider to US I always given the impression that Obama was fixing up USA after Bush destroyed it ?

"fixing up" USA?

Time to turn off the "Main Stream Mind control" box.

SERIOUSLY...

"As I was praying, an angel of the Lord appeared to me, ...the chief prince angel of the United States of America. And he visited me that morning, and he told me Obama will be elected to office. I was shocked. I said, “That’s not what we want.” Then he said, “Days of captivity are appointed for this nation, and he is the man who will CARRY IT OUT.”

… So the first message that was given to me is “days of captivity”. Now the second message is this: “days of persecution”. This is the second word the angel brought unto me.

Tell them these two things. The nation will go into captivity. The church will go into captivity, but it is for good. Out of the captivity the fire will separate the wheat from the tares. See, this is the ultimate goal that God has.

What’s Next - The Obama Presidency (Link to the audio MP3 is inside the PDF)

Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj was visited by the prophet Zechariah and by Jesus and angels while he was in Jerusalem.

He said: “The city of Jerusalem is going to be divided very soon.“

God is not going to sit back and let all hell break loose. If you touch the apple of His eye, you will have to contend with God Himself. When Jerusalem is divided, there will be great earthquakes in many places around the world, followed by monster tidal waves. One wave came across the Pacific Ocean. I saw a vision what is going to happen to the United States of America which leads in this separation of Jerusalem.

I saw a 3 dimensional map. A mighty angel with a drawn sword said,

“This will be the judgment upon this nation who will turn her back against God's people!”

And with that, with the sword he pierced the very center of the land and cut it asunder.

The nations that were responsible for dividing Jerusalem, God will gather them for war to destroy them. Joel 3:2 and Zech 14:3 tells us like that. Joel 3:2 NKJV

Link 1 Link 2

Do the Harbingers of Ancient Israel Mean the Destruction of America?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
In honesty, I see no problem with repealing the amendment with the following conditions:

The people stop looking to the President as some sort of god and balance is restored between the branches (repeal the 17th Amendment along with it), dismantle the Presidential War Powers Act, and reign in the Executive level bureaucracies.

But until we have a deeply educated political society that is actually interested in self-governing and not constantly looking to the president (people actually thinking that the President will give them cars and such), it should remain in place.

The Executive branch of government has been increasing its power and grabs of power for the past 80 years and an increasingly anemic Congress allows it to happen.

The first one is impossible.
Alternatively, there are those whom see a president as a demon...and often those are the ones that insist others see him as a god.

I can't tell you how often people have said "your messiah" when discussing Obama because I am generally (socially) liberal and choose him over a right winger whom wants to replace science with bible study sort of stuff...
Seems they see Obama more as a god than I do since they can't stop saying that.

As far as the second bit about the exec branch...hard to alter that at the moment when the consensus is a lot more trust in them verses the legislative branch..night and day..and your suggestion is give the least popular (I think soap scum on bathroom tiles is more popular with the people verses this congress) get more power...which arguably may be a good thing, but would go over as well as a mandatory kick to the junk for everyone bill would go.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
I cant even understand how anyone would want this loser in office for ONE term, let alone an indefinite number of terms!

I think that 51% of those Americans who voted would disagree with you. The Romney Unit barely made 47%, which was amusingly ironic.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid

Originally posted by Spacespider
As a outsider to US I always given the impression that Obama was fixing up USA after Bush destroyed it ?

"fixing up" USA?

Time to turn off the "Main Stream Mind control" box.

SERIOUSLY...

"As I was praying, an angel of the Lord appeared to me, ...the chief prince angel of the United States of America. And he visited me that morning, and he told me Obama will be elected to office. I was shocked. I said, “That’s not what we want.” Then he said, “Days of captivity are appointed for this nation, and he is the man who will CARRY IT OUT.”

… So the first message that was given to me is “days of captivity”. Now the second message is this: “days of persecution”. This is the second word the angel brought unto me.

Tell them these two things. The nation will go into captivity. The church will go into captivity, but it is for good. Out of the captivity the fire will separate the wheat from the tares. See, this is the ultimate goal that God has.

What’s Next - The Obama Presidency (Link to the audio MP3 is inside the PDF)

Sadhu Sundar Selvaraj was visited by the prophet Zechariah and by Jesus and angels while he was in Jerusalem.

He said: “The city of Jerusalem is going to be divided very soon.“

God is not going to sit back and let all hell break loose. If you touch the apple of His eye, you will have to contend with God Himself. When Jerusalem is divided, there will be great earthquakes in many places around the world, followed by monster tidal waves. One wave came across the Pacific Ocean. I saw a vision what is going to happen to the United States of America which leads in this separation of Jerusalem.

I saw a 3 dimensional map. A mighty angel with a drawn sword said,

“This will be the judgment upon this nation who will turn her back against God's people!”

And with that, with the sword he pierced the very center of the land and cut it asunder.

The nations that were responsible for dividing Jerusalem, God will gather them for war to destroy them. Joel 3:2 and Zech 14:3 tells us like that. Joel 3:2 NKJV

Link 1 Link 2

Do the Harbingers of Ancient Israel Mean the Destruction of America?

What tha...what does anything there have to do with economic stabilization and growth?

and....if you just gave a alternative to "main stream mind control box"...then American Idol here I come..because that what you offer is...what...dark age mind control thinking?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Errmmm.... ok, interesting viewpoint there. Not sure what else to say.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
reply to post by Murgatroid

Errmmm.... ok, interesting viewpoint there. Not sure what else to say.

That's it !
I'd say more than just interesting ! How about pertinent ? Profound ?

Time to release Tut in his pool of tears. This is going to be a year for them, that's for sure. A tip the hat to Big Fat Furry Texan.

edit on 5-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Beforeit'snews shouldn't be trusted at all. It's filled with authors who are deliberately spreading dis-info.

I think the site exists to discredit alternative media, and genuine conspiracy theories.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Eh...
We could do worse.

I think his "Firsts"
will remain being ,the first Black President and
completely coincidentally, the first president asked for his birth certificate.
And probably won't be asked to be the first President to stay permanently.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

ahahahahahahaha, Serrano

what a tool ... perhaps those who have any slight concern should review this man's history ... what a freakin' tool. www.discoverthenetworks.org...

Describing his own political ideology as “to the left of the left,”
- snip -
In 1999 Serrano [color=amber]applauded President Bill Clinton's clemency offer to 16 members of the FALN, a Marxist-Leninist terror group that had been active in the U.S. from the mid-1970s through the early 1980s, and whose overriding mission was to secure Puerto Rico's political independence from the United States.
- snip -
On numerous occasions, Serrano has sponsored legislation designed to protect the illegal-alien parents of citizen children from deportation. Moreover, he has staunchly opposed proposals to make English the national language of the United States.
how can this person even call himself an American ?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Come to think about it..
If they are going to choose a master president.. then

I would love to see Schwarzenegger at it

Or Chuck Norris

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

not strange.
the Resolutions are from two separate Congress sessions.
yours = 112th
TA's = 113th / current

unless the Bill advances, the #s are re-used.
standard practice in the hopes the 'laymen' (you & i) will be confused enough to not care.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I can't tell you how often people have said "your messiah" when discussing Obama because...

well if the obama campaign hadn't used the messiah label, unofficially of of course, only on the street level, to make it seem to be a spontaneous "of the people" thing.

very similar to the way it was used by the pedro rosello* campaign 1993 to 2001 in PR was practically like living in a fascist dictatorship, he also privatized everything but the kitchen sink as well, the economy went downhill as well
*upon losing his bid for a 3rd term he then proceeded to have a duly elected rookie senator suddenly resign so he could occupy the senatorial seat AND PAD HIS PENSION [remember HE wasn't voted into office]

let's not forget hitler more or less campaigned in a similar fashion

however i see you are still stuck in the liberal/conservative false dichotomy, LMAO

THEY ARE ALL PSYCHOPATHIC TRASH, and the world would be WAAAAAYYY better off with all of them removed from existence.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Not really necessary, unless there are major course changes and very soon, Obama is already likely to be the last president the USA will ever have anyway. No new term required.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
remember bush emperor for life threads ?

those were the days

lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join