It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World War Z trailer. What are your thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Link:www.youtube.com... For those that can't view the video here is a direct link.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Auburn2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I was in Glasgow when they were filming and had a dump in one of their porta loos and i can confirm it was one of the most comfortable dumps i've had in a long time...pictures on the walls and piped in classical music....and the toilet roll was of superior quality than i'm used to....spark a match Brad.

Ps...for some reason this video does not exist for me.....

edit on 5-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think it could be a good movie, but I feel I'll have to pretend it has a different name because I don't think it will be anything like the book.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Auburn2012

Like others have said in this thread and other threads relating to this movie, as a straight up zombie flick it looks pretty bad ass, but comparing the trailer to the book, its hard to see any satisfying connection. I would like to find out what the writer of the book has to say about the film.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This movie had massive problems in production. I know it had like 3 or 4 rewrites, one by the guy who ruined the end of Prometheus so I'm not too optimistic about this one. It was also over budget and has been pushed back already a few times. These are normally signs of a crap film.

I also heard that it's nothing like the book.
edit on 5/1/13 by dmac359 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmac359
This movie had massive problems in production. I know it had like 3 or 4 rewrites, one by the guy who ruined the end of Prometheus so I'm not too optimistic about this one. It was also over budget and has been pushed back already a few times. These are normally signs of a crap film.

Yeah, it'd be a hard to do a straight-up version of the book since it's in an interview style. Plus, the movie has fast zombies, which is... interesting...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I love zombie movies and the world war z book and audiobook, but I just don't like the look of the zombies in the trailer to much like the things from this is legend.
I cringed when the zombies are all climbing up each other to get over the wall.
Must admit I jumped the first time I saw the trailer.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Originally posted by dmac359

Yeah, it'd be a hard to do a straight-up version of the book since it's in an interview style. Plus, the movie has fast zombies, which is... interesting...

Not in the video shoot i watched....there was some seriously fat zombies...no wait...they were zombie foder...i never saw one zombie in the filming...plenty of soldiers and civilians running about like headless chickens though...in fact if they had waited till after midnight on the streets of Glasgow they could have saved themselves a fortune on make up...i have many pics of the actual filming process....Mostly around St Georges Square in Glasgow....Boring to be honest with you....Never saw Brad though.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by redtic

I love zombies movies. Making out with guys during zombie movies is fantastic. Ha-ha.

Fast moving zombies: I feel my eyes glaze over and mouth drool.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Video doesn't exist!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by redtic

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Auburn2012

YouTube link fixed:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I wish we had more movies like 28 days Later and 28 weeks later... Now those were solid Zombie movies, with fast zombies...

This movie looks like a typical blockbuster, over-done type Hollywood movie, that will likely sell tickets but won't receive great reviews...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndMargarita
Reply to post by redtic

I love zombies movies. Making out with guys during zombie movies is fantastic. Ha-ha.

Fast moving zombies: I feel my eyes glaze over and mouth drool.

Were I closer to Texas I would invite you to the premier ( ;

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Looks cool, I've never read the book though.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The book was good. typical romero style zombies discussed in a documentary style (many interviews).

This movie is absolutely nothing like the book, and its a bit sad that they used that specific title to make people think it may be similar...it wont be...

In saying that, this movie looks pretty sweet. I will go in with no preconceptions or thoughts on the book with the same name..just going to watch a neat monster movie and see if its good.

It reminds me more of some books I read actually. Stephen Knight's The gathering dead series. (they did eventually make pyramids and crawl over each other to get to areas out of reach..no where as fast as the film mind you, but..meh..when I seen the trailer, it reminded me of that.

I think it will be enjoyable "infected" flick...if you go in wanting a monster movie instead of a specific flavor of zombies

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufohunter16
Looks cool, I've never read the book though.

Its a very, very different book (see my previous post for a general).

No need to read the book before or after..title is all they share in similarity..otherwise, they couldn't be further apart than they are.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
These days a movie title means nothing in relation to the book. The sad thing about this is that people that don't read much think that the story was what was in the movie.

I Robot - Nothing like book
A Sound of Thunder - Nothing like the book.

I could go on and on. It is Hollywood tripe and as a rule I never watch anything that is not on DVR or at a movie theater. I can't come up with a single reason to go to a theater when EVERYTHING is on DVD in 6 months or less. Not to mention I have feel the need to kill the parents of crying babies, the home-boy commentary from the seats next to me or the constant crinkling of candy wrappers.

Maybe the big flat screen and the surround sound helps ( :

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Thank you. I will keep that in mind when watching it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The CGI where there's lots of zombies running and climbing looks terrible.

I really liked the book and loved how it moved around the world and so on and you heard many accounts... I think this movie will be nothing like it so why they named it World War Z I'm not sure.

I was put off the movie a couple of years ago after reading about it and remember Max Brooks not wanting to be associated with it (can't remember where I read that)

But I'm sure as a stand alone Zombie movie It'll be pretty decent...

It's a film and has zombies in it.... I already like it.

screenrant.com...

edit on 5/1/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join