It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking UFO News In UK Regarding Dr David Clarke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Just catching some interesting chatter about Dr David Clarke in the UK, who is a media commentator on the UFO subject. He has just done a radio interview in Sheffield UK and the presenter asked him if he works for the military or government, and he said 'yes' and has done so along with his lecturing job for the last 10 years!

His comes from a guy who claims to know everything about UFOs. This explains why he is always the national archives official commentator on the MoDs UFO file releases.

What a scumbag, yes he is not well liked over there but this takes the biscuit. I hope he gets shown up for this slip up.

On twitter and Facebook all the UK UFO people and investigators are already talking about this.

Not good folks another so called UFO investigator found out...

edit on 5-1-2013 by xutlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xutlady

I believe he does work for the MOD compiling the FOIA releases , Dr Clarke is a serious skeptic but also very knowledgeable on the subject .... I see no conspiracy

From his website .

Since 2008 I have been working with The National Archives (TNA) as their consultant for the ongoing release of the UFO files created by Britain's Ministry of Defence. My book, The UFO Files, was published by TNA in September 2009.
drdavidclarke.co.uk...

edit on 5-1-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xutlady

Do we have a linky, perchance ....

Des

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here is a link to an article he wrote for The Sun in November. He seems to think there is no solid evidence. Closed encounters of the third kind - Is it time to admit aliens don't exist?
edit on 5-1-2013 by CallYourBluff because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/1/13 by JAK because: Link format.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CallYourBluff

Thank you...much appreciated....

Des

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The link delivers a "Whoops we lost another one", pity......wanted to read it.
Nevermind, got it.....thanks.
spez
edit on 5-1-2013 by SPEZNA1 because: no reason

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
A great majority of whistle blowers work(ed) for the government. From military personnel to astronauts. And in the UK, Nick Pope comes to mind as does Timothy Good.

What's your point OP? That one aspect cancels out the other? Just trying to get where you're coming from so I can perhaps answer more effectively

edit on 5-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sorry I think you misunderstood me, when he was asked he said that he still does but not in relation to the national archives. The presenter was quite specific in his question and from what we can gather Clarke said he currently works for them passing information. What that entails who knows but if he is still in the payroll and passing info to them, then he cannot be trusted.

I have spoken to 5 people about his and they have said that he is being sunned in the UK because no one trusts him. Before Xmas he tried to obtain private UFO images from some UFO groups in the UK as they were quite eye opening and so would be valuable. This is what he told the head of the Birmingham UFO Group Dave Hodrien whilst trying to persuade them to hand them over.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I would have thought the OP's point was OBVIOUS. If Dr Clarke gets a paycheck from the British government (something I have suspected for a LONG time - but don't ask me why), then he could be (is, I believe) their gatekeeper (NOT just a disinterested academic) whose statements concerning UFOs cannot be objective and reliable. It is well-known that academics are used by the intelligence agencies to spread disinformation about topics they don't want citizens learning the truth. Dr Menzel, the Harvard University astronomer, is a prime example as a debunker of ufology. Only, they are made to appear as neutral, objective investigators whose opinions the average dupe can trust. So this news comes as no surprise to me. It is always the government gatekeepers who get half-minute slots in TV programs about UFOs and aliens so that they can poison the well from the start and skewer the conclusions of viewers with their sceptical pronouncements based on half-truths, lies and bad logic.

Beware.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xutlady

and from what we can gather Clarke said he currently works for them passing information.

I'd need to see a quote and the context of the quote to come to any conclusion .... passing information or processing information ?

reply to post by micpsi

So this news comes as no surprise to me.

As it stands this news is an unsubstantiated rumor .

edit on 5-1-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Frankly it is a human rights issue. We should be told the truth one way or the other. If indeed ailens turn out to be hostile. well then that will be a tough cookie to swallow but we have to progress and move on and unite to confront that reality. I think anyone who says ailens dont exist is an arrogant fool. In the 1970s they were still laughing at me when I said there were other planets out there. They are not laughing anymore.

I look forward to the day when the smug newsreaders who riddicule UFO stories are left with jaws dropped when they see UFOS over major world locations either in peace or (hopefully not) in hostility.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You need to be very tuned in to Dr Clarke. I know he does 'Shorts' for ITN News on the subject of UFO's but he also takes part in the hour long docus like NG's and History channel's series on UFO's, often talking about the Berwyn, Wales incident. In the ITN short about Berwyn, he gives the conclusion that it was a combination of an earthquake event, and a meteor shower that was the cause of the rumpus. In the docus, it is somewhat different, because there were several witnesses that saw a huge light, and activity in the same mountainous area from different viewpoints, and as to what that light was is never properly explained, and nothing was found in that area to give a clue as to what the huge light was.

Here's the ITN short,

www.youtube.com...

Another example, somewhat confused about foo fighters, from someone sceptic, but er, open minded,

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-1-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Most, if not all ufo debunkers work for some govt., This is all about control of the masses, you should not be suprised, think about this... what if religion as a whole is just to keep the masses somewhat civil. you have to answer for your actions in the afterlife, you will, for most people, stay within the boundries, how many billions of people stay in line with this fear? hindu, muzz, christian, etc., as a follower of faith, you believe your creator can do the impossible with nothing, and there is no other with this power, and you are the only earth. Now what happens when your government informes the masses that there are UFO traveling aliens, with technology we cannot match, even in 100 years from now, what happens to the fabric of society? religion? the rules that maintain a civil and fearing people? they evaporate.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is my own personal opinion on Clarke. He's an ego driven cult of personality victim who has reached a point where his critical faculties are virtually worthless and he actually believes if he isn't involved directly in an investigation, then it can't possibly have any merit.

On a slightly darker note, he was accused of exactly what he has now admitted several years ago and flat out denied it. Sadly, it adds weight to the opinion that Clarke has not only deliberately diverted investigations away from what actually happened however he also stands accused bringing pressure to bare on certain organisations and individuals in order to quite deliberately discredit them.

I find his recent outpourings to be both childish and totally based on his own world view. That he could say. "I saw Starwars in 1977 so that's why people saw triangles in Belgium in the late 80s" really does beggar belief and shows how up his own jacksie the bloke has vanished.

I have often said, in the past, Clarke has done some sterling work and thorough investigations. However, I believe he's as flawed as Greer nowadays and anything he currently states should be taken with a large pinch of salt. In particular, his ideas about "mass hysteria" given his supposed intellectual background, are not only simplistic and naive they are at times simply totally fraudulent in their mis-use.
edit on 5-1-2013 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have heard over the weekend that it's not just him. People are now saying that there is a collective group of so called investigators and researchers running stuff back to the government. If that's the case then they need fishing out and exposing. Clarke is stupid to admit to this quite frankly and it does not do himself any favours.
How many more of these spies in the ufo community are there? Does anyone know of any others, because it would be a good thing to expose them that way they might stop right?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
it would seem rather appropriate to add this link to the thread as, today, it doesn't look anywhere near as paranoid as many were suggesting ?

Anatomy of a disinformation campaign
edit on 7-1-2013 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xutlady

hello xutlady.
interesting thread.

i caught the tail end of a ufo show today with both clarke and pope in the broadcast.
pope caught my eye as there was a walking shot of him. i suspect this guy is ill or
needs a pay rise.
as for clarke, he informed the viewers of the captain william schaffner incident in the north sea and concluded that there was no ufo connection. his statement was that capt w.schaffner escaped the jet and the canopy then shut. the pilots body was never found. other reports have him being abducted, i would say another possibility is he was promoted! lol
i must say that i was surprised by his conclusion as it seemed out of the ordinary to nail it shut so to speak. perhaps because there was a fatality connected with the ufo question, it needed to be put to bed, a cleaner pr campaign?

regarding my take on clarke, i will say that my radar hairs are on active duty when he,pope or good are presenting information to the masses.
regards fakedirt.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by xutlady

and from what we can gather Clarke said he currently works for them passing information.

I'd need to see a quote and the context of the quote to come to any conclusion .... passing information or processing information ?

reply to post by micpsi

So this news comes as no surprise to me.

As it stands this news is an unsubstantiated rumor .

edit on 5-1-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

Whatever. If substantiated, it would come as no surprise to me. That better?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Whatever. If substantiated, it would come as no surprise to me. That better?

If substantiated which it still hasn't been , seems to me the burden of proof that Dr Clarke said what the OP thinks he said doesn't exist because he dares to question UFO reports and does work for the MOD , much better to believe unsubstantiated chatter from twitter and Facebook ... the paragons of truth

edit on 7-1-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xutlady

Can you let us know details of the interview - date, time, station etc?

Thanks!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join