It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS News Report: More Guns / Fewer Gun related Casualties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Unbelievable from an MSM source:

California gun sales have steadily risen from 350,000 in 2002, to last year's record. Recently, some gun owners became worried that President Obama's reelection and the Newtown shooting will lead to more gun control. Military style weapons have become popular for target practice and self-defense.

Yet despite the rise in gun sales in California, there has not been a corresponding rise in gun deaths or gun injuries. Hospitalizations for gun injuries have actually dropped nearly 28 percent and gun deaths by 15 percent.
CBS News

Im suspicious as hell as to why CBS is reporting this. I figured they'd be lock step with NBC and ABC in twisting and obfuscating to make their ideological anti-gun stance come across as news.

edit on 5-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
OK Ill try this without being confrontational and saying anything anti gun.

Why do people need more than 1 gun?

Sure if you hunt, fine.

But these people are getting them for protection I assume, Not much deer hunting in downtown LA.
How does having 3 handguns, 2 rifles and an AR make you safer than just a handgun?

As the cop in the article stated

"What I worry about are guns that fall into the wrong hands," said Beck, "guns that are excess and become unwanted in a home. Those are the kind of guns that my officers run into on the street that are used in murders in Los Angeles far too commonly."

How does every house having multiple guns make anything better?
To me it just seems like more guns in the hands of criminals if these houses ever get robbed
edit on 5/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Cant see how your question has much to do with the news report.

Also not sure how, given your participation in threads on firearms, you can seriously ask that question? You must have asked it and had it answered or at least read others asking it and having it answered a thousand times by now.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

From the report

Many customers are buying more than one gun.

If you want to ignore me just ignore me but if you wanna respond at least answer the question.
Its a genuine question as I just dont get it.

I have asked this question several times and its always ignored with the exception of people who say they use a rifle for hunting and a hand gun for self defence.

The other response is "because I can"

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Awesome post...
One cant help but wonder if this is problem reaction solution. Maybe they wanted us to go out and buy a bunch of guns. They all ways have a plan.

For the people calling for stricter gun laws, do you not realize that a civil war would brake out? Imagine police going to every home and search for guns. It would not stand. If the objective is to prevent deaths then dont ban them because banning them will only cause a war.
Maybe your told what to think. Its just not logical. For YOU and for me.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I think any genuine research will prove where thete are legal guns, there us a real drop in crime rates. Criminals do not wish to confront armed victims, it's a known lose/lose for them. I can assure you, any state with a recent large surge in gun purchases will follow with a decrease in crime stats.

As to your suspicions, I concur. However, CBS is one of the few news outlets that occaaionally bucks the liberal party line. Not frequently, to be sure, but I have seen it on occasion. Usually in op eds.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

It's really quite simple with regards to handguns: most of us have TWO hands, the fastest reload is a second weapon. For half a decade I've consistently carried a matched pair of handguns and insist on qualifying with both hands when it's time to renew my license.
Then there's the shotgun, the target pistol, the target rifle, the hunting rifle, the backup CCW pocket pistol - you might as well as why have more than one pair of underwear or socks - or one screwdriver. Different tools for different purposes.]

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

join