It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Aurora Shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

I had to stop a sec and think.....you make a good point. I hadn't considered where this happened in that way. The Denver area.. Yeah, you're right. The would-be victim might very well get run through the system for shooting an attacker. They may be cleared in the end but I'll bet there is no sense of victory for the people who get run through.

I don't know what the law is in Colorado by the way but the Castle Doctrine/CCW law in Missouri includes a provision that outright shields a defender from any and all civil liability resulting from a justified shooting. It's one that was hard fought to get in the law here and I'm real glad it made it into the final language. If that happened to any of us, it's already the worst event of our lives for most. At least being sued isn't a concern to add to it in every state.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Your the one throwing out names. I just dug to see the facts. I can't say he was right winger. Maybe anti government no matter who is in there. After all the war on drugs came from Regan. And this guy seems to relate to the pot smokers with a comment he made.

No, you pointed out that he posts "anti-Obama petitions" and “religious stuff.” I threw out the adjectives to describe your assertions.

Call it like it is. After all, it fits the narrative, right?? TPTB have picked their boogeymen

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

the Castle Doctrine/CCW law in Missouri includes a provision that outright shields a defender from any and all civil liability resulting from a justified shooting.

It's the same here in Florida. But the recent pro-gun super majority loss in our State houses coupled with the whole Trayvon Martin fiasco, is already theatening the recent improvments, to our Castle Doctrine laws...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

And he loved to repost links to white house petitions such as:

I said White House Petitions. Not Anti Obama. And his twitter does not show any right wing besides wanting support for Israel. He also was upposed to go to South Africa last June. He also liked to post about martyrs and was following Egypt sherif hashim? I am on the fence with this guy. All we know is he was religious and he did say Jehovah in one of his tweets. But he mostly followed church leaders.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by seabag

And he loved to repost links to white house petitions such as:

I said White House Petitions. Not Anti Obama. And his twitter does not show any right wing besides wanting support for Israel. He also was upposed to go to South Africa last June. He also liked to post about martyrs and was following Egypt sherif hashim? I am on the fence with this guy. All we know is he was religious and he did say Jehovah in one of his tweets. But he mostly followed church leaders.

Fair enough....gotcha!

It's hard to tell sometimes what people are implying in a written post.

Disregard my previous...it just seemed you were casting aspersions and trying to make this something it is not.

edit on 5-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

No offense. I just can't really get where this guy is coming from. He seems all religious and does this? Hell he ran a website selling childrens clothing. And he followed churches all over the place. But he does not seem to favor any politics. Right or Left. Just every thing church based. His brother died recent shot at a bar. And he followed martyr websites? One he was following on twitter.

mobile.twitter.com...

And there website.

www.persecution.com...

They talk about the persecution of Christ teachings around the world.
edit on 5-1-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Manchurian candidate like the rest???

That’s my take. Sure, there are some plain nutters out there no matter what. However, if you read my previous thread you’d understand what I think we’re witnessing.

Far-fetched?? Look into it….I think not.

Did you see the photo of the first Aurora shooter??

Brainwashed?

Did you see the Sandy Hook Shooter??

Manchurian candidates? Brainwashed? Do either of these jackwagons look like assassins? Do they look capable of these events alone; without influence and help? They look more like MKUltra zombies to me.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A name he was following on twitter. Stephanie Archuleta shows up. All the links she made to twitter have been erased. And Stephanie Archuleta shows up with criminal records in Utah. So I wonder what will come out when the police release evidence?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by seabag

A name he was following on twitter. Stephanie Archuleta shows up. All the links she made to twitter have been erased. And Stephanie Archuleta shows up with criminal records in Utah. So I wonder what will come out when the police release evidence?

No evidence will be released. Did you not see how all the other cases were handled?

Complete cover up...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GeneralMishka

Sorry for the off topic post, but avoiding the left/right, gun/anti-gun banter, I would just like to point one thing out.

When a major story, like Sandusky is happening, every pedo story from every country makes the news. Amazingly, the journalist always manages to toss a paragraph in linking that pedo back to the Sandusky incident.

We have seen this time and time again with any major incident. In fact, we see it play out small time on ATS itself. Allow me to point to a small example of the overnight earthquake near Alaska. Suddenly, the site was flooded with duplicate postings, spin off postings about the tsunami, etc.

Now, all you are doing by spreading these stories to further YOUR agenda is lending to aiding in spreading THEIR agenda.

You have become an unwitting pawn in their game. Their agenda is obvious, the spin off stories posted is an obvious flag/star grab. What's yours?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

When a major story, like Sandusky is happening, every pedo story from every country makes the news. Amazingly, the journalist always manages to toss a paragraph in linking that pedo back to the Sandusky incident.

Yes, and is there an agenda behind that action? Sensationalism? Ratings?

You have become an unwitting pawn in their game. Their agenda is obvious, the spin off stories posted is an obvious flag/star grab. What's yours?

Since the OP gave no opinion on the subject I’d agree it was an attention grabbing attempt (for S&F)…but aren’t most threads?

I’m more interested in the subject the OP presented, and plenty of other members have a take on this development. What’s yours?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
God people need to see the propaganda at work...there are all sorts of events that occur all the time...if you want to talk about violence, for some purpose of wanting to influence policy, you can find violent stories constantly...similarly, if you wanted to show how fast technology was progressing, and what a wonderful world we could have if it were applied in the proper way, there could be lots of stories of those sorts...etc, on any topic.

The fact that we keep hearing about shootings is thus not an indication of an increase in violence, but rather a sign that the media is wanting to talk about gun violence more, for some reason/purpose.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yay we bagged another one!
The only lesson here is not to mess with the SWAT team when they ask you to come out.
Other than that it's standard law enforcement fare.After all we don't want Chicago now do we?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Seems they were mixed up in a pyramid scheme. Notice the sonnyandsteph.mymonavieprime.

sonnyandsteph.mymonavieprime.com...

Wiki shows different lawsuits.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
www.9news.com...

Multiple family members have identified two of the victims inside the home as Stacie Philbrook and her step-father, Anthony Ticali. It is believed Philbrook's boyfriend was the third victim, he has not been identified.

According to the same family members, Stephanie Philbrook Archuleta escaped from the home and told police officers that her husband, Sonny Archuleta, was still inside. She said he was armed and had fired shots inside the home.

Before jumping out of a second-story window, she saw the three "lifeless" bodies of her step-father, sister and her sister's boyfriend. Stephanie was not injured.

Authorities attempted to make contact with Sonny Archuleta. Hostage negotiators were called in and managed to speak to him on the phone.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Of course their intent is sensationalism. Sometimes, it is political capitalism. In these gun fearmongering threads, it is easy to tell the intent is political capitalism.

As the poster did NOT make a comment, which is supposed to be a no-no, I had an urge to ask what their agenda was.

Looking at it from a skeptical point if view, it looks like it did what was intended, IMO. To further divide and conquer an internet community with a biased hot button issue.

I believe in our God given rights. That is as far as I will get into that hot button issue.

I have no opinion about the story other than it is sad for the family involved. Just as it was for every family before them.

Before sensationalism made mass empathy a fad.

Before sensationalism made mass disgust at people exercising their rights "cool".

edit on 5-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I'll leave the CT shooter part of that alone.... Best that way where I'm concerned.

Having said that ... I don't believe your theory for one fairly basic and, in my opinion, solid reason. These are the high profile ones. These are the ones that snapped like a twig and chose to try breaking the national body count record for victims on their own way out. ...and I'm not being sarcastic. I truly believe these monsters are WELL aware of what those who came before them have done and are aware of the numbers as they enter their own pages into the book of criminal infamy.

The lower profile ones? They're no less senseless and horrific in some many cases. They *ALL* share the same traits. Cold. Methodical. Mechanical and absolutely, totally devoid of human compassion or empathy on any level once they start their deeds. One example is the Miami causeway cannibal. His toxicology later confirmed he was clean for substances and the victim he literally ate the face off, said he was rational and normal moments before turning to him and telling him in a reasonable voice...exactly what he was about to do. By the end of the attack? He was so far into ...wherever these people go...He took a round to center mass by the cop that was first on scene ....and laughed. He LAUGHED...with a round in the center of his chest and he was NOT on drugs.

Another happened in Kentucky last year, A young man in a Residential/Store combination set up went into the back where his mother was seated and calmly, dispassionately stabbed her ...but not just stabbed.. he carved on her by reports..and a friend of mine on the site I mod at lives nearby to know some of those involved. The people from the front ran back in moments to the awful screaming and were entirely focused on trying to take in what ..was left of her to try and render aid. They didn't stop him from leaving, but reported he walked out casually and without apparent distress or particular hurry. Unphased....by what he'd just done to his own mother.

The FIRST one I recall reading about was minor but so out of place, I recall it. I believe it was late 2011 but a Barber in New Jersey, described as a nice guy and owner of his little barber shop for a long time. A customer, impatient and bitchy, stormed out and slammed the door, breaking the glass. The owner/barber chased the customer into the street and commenced to attack him...chewing his ear off before being pulled off by other customers who watched the whole thing in shock. That was the first I saw..and there have now been so many, it's like we're living in a friggen Hollywood Horror movie sometimes, but only in isolation for the incidents. Nothing so widespread to really grab people ....yet... But, they're getting worse. Aren't they? Worse and more frequent.

Whatever the hell is happening to people... it's happening more..and again, the traits are the same. Cold. Efficient. EVIL. ......from people otherwise known to be intelligent OR rational or both. You got me what's happening but I don't think anyone else knows either. Including TPTB.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Of course their intent is sensationalism. Sometimes, it is political capitalism. In these gun fearmongering threads, it is easy to tell the intent is political capitalism.

Threads on this issue are not always for “political capitalism” as you put it. I’ve made plenty of threads on the 2nd amendment and they weren’t political statements but simply a topic of discourse.

As the poster did NOT make a comment, which is supposed to be a no-no, I had an urge to ask what their agenda was.

I understand…

Looking at it from a skeptical point if view, it looks like it did what was intended, IMO. To further divide and conquer an internet community with a biased hot button issue.

In order to divide and conquer the OP would need to present two sides.

The OP had no opinion!

I believe in our God given rights. That is as far as I will get into that hot button issue.

Do you believe in defending those God given rights?

I have no opinion about the story other than it is sad for the family involved. Just as it was for every family before them.

Before sensationalism made mass empathy a fad.

Before sensationalism made mass disgust at people exercising their rights "cool".

Gotcha!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Of course posts can be made for discourse. In those threads, people comment in their OP.

I think posts like this are opportunistic, the right place at the right time, for multiple reasons, but usually unsavory ones.

A
Yes, I believe in fighting for those rights.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wonder how many of them ever played with Ouija boards???

[Flame suit on]

Seriously, though...What if?

What other "evil" can be fathomed, to enact such things? How can a person disconnect so deeply, that they could carry out such a vicious thing as sudden murder? I mean, I get the ones that calculate, and plan, and take the time to let their hate fester, into something uncontrolable. But the ones that just snap? What the hell is going on in their brain?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join