It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm handsome, intelligent, sensitive and HIV positive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I live in a country where our HIV infection rates are about .01% of the population. It has been impossible to find anyone my own age to talk to. Most of the dating sites are full of empty profiles and internet scammers and what little conversation I manage to start will only last an email. Who out there has found themselves a soulmate over the internet and can you give any tips on how to deal with the digital side of dating?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by twisted-timothy
I live in a country where our HIV infection rates are about .01% of the population. It has been impossible to find anyone my own age to talk to. Most of the dating sites are full of empty profiles and internet scammers and what little conversation I manage to start will only last an email. Who out there has found themselves a soulmate over the internet and can you give any tips on how to deal with the digital side of dating?

I've dated 4 women that I met on the internet but none of the dates lasted longer than a week or so... I'm deeply frustrated as well as you are. The worst part is that it isn't only on the internet, even if you meet a girl somewhere - at a bar for example - it's the same problem. This is an issue I gave up having trouble with, just got on with my life and stopped worrying too much (I know it's hard).

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Just an idea here....but web hosting these days can run as little as $5 a month for what people paid $50 a month to have 10 years ago for disk/bandwidth and services available. Web creation tools that are pretty much 100% point/click and host based script installation to integrate right in are also as easy and quick to use as they've ever been.

If I was in a position of unique need, as you find yourself....and find no one has filled the need online? I'd say you just invented yourself a solution to your own personal search AND one very solid niche to develop for a sideline if nothing else.

If you can't find a solution? I'd figure you're not the only one looking. Make one!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Saw this on the FP. Surely there is someone out there for you, maybe there is a niche market for People with HIV people to date, it's good that you don't want to pass it on, can give you any pointers as I've got a girlfriend but I'd speak to your local GP and ask if there are any carriers of HIV and put up an ad somewhere, surely there is someone out there for you. Hope everything works out for you.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Just an idea here....but web hosting these days can run as little as $5 a month for what people paid $50 a month to have 10 years ago for disk/bandwidth and services available. Web creation tools that are pretty much 100% point/click and host based script installation to integrate right in are also as easy and quick to use as they've ever been.

If I was in a position of unique need, as you find yourself....and find no one has filled the need online? I'd say you just invented yourself a solution to your own personal search AND one very solid niche to develop for a sideline if nothing else.

If you can't find a solution? I'd figure you're not the only one looking. Make one!

Did this hit the wrong thread?

Or is there somehow sexy voodoo in web design these days? I'm still in notepad+ for the most part. It's like being a sexy chalk covered hermit.

I've heard of plugins, but this is going a bit mad !!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Umm.. The OP stated he couldn't find a viable online dating site ...and is sounding rather depressed about finding any place where other HIV positive folks may be found in his geographic area.

The suggestion is to MAKE a dating site if one cannot be found, which, again, it sounds like it can't be. That would have required real skill and time with a learning curve to accomplish just a few years ago. (Still does for a high level pro- match.com type thing) but to literally create your own solution to a highly specialized dating market? Why not?

It beats searching for what isn't apparently there and getting more depressed, I'd figure.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I don't know if you've been there but POZ seems to be fairly sincere though I gave it only a cursory glance and only time would tell if that is in fact the case. It looks like they've been publishing an online magazine since 1994. They also have a page and video detailing how to avoid scammers and spammers which can be found HERE

new topics

top topics

join