It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lance Armstrong Doping Admission Could Be Coming Soon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vidpci
He rides a bicycle... seriously, who cares?

Overpaid useless garbage that contributes absolutely nothing to society.

I don't care, but..

I don't think it's right to call someone useless garbage simply because they're overpaid... what you "contribute" to society is pretty relative (and ultimately negligible). Garbage men contribute to society, but may hate their job. Athletes contribute to entertainment, & may enjoy doing what they do.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I agree with the karma statement.The way he treated Betsy Andreu, honestly I'd like to see him make millions competing just to give most of it to her.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
First of all, this whole situation is messed up starting with the report, I only read two pages and saw how this could not hold up for #, Lance was accused of also taking Andriol which is oral testosterone besides EPO. If anyone has any brains, no one takes this first of all because its detectable in your system for 2 weeks and the low dose he took will have no effects what so ever. He would not have a single advantage taking this at such a low dose. He would have been better off with Test Propionate, Cypionate or Suspension which instead of this oral #, which are no where near those ranges of being detectable. Test makes you hold water, that's why many users get a fat face for the time being on few month cycle and this would have been a stupid choice for cyclists. Test wouldn't even be my first choice, there are better drugs out there that are undetectable and methods out there that just make the WADA look like minors. Hell, they have yet to accurately detect HGH in someone unless they test it right after they inject it. Grey market substances also fall in that category.

A simple refresher of what increases blood cells. Two are legal (Sleep in hyperbaric chamber and train at high altitude) and two are not (EPO and blood transfusion). None are linked to cancer, prove me wrong. Steroids don't kill hundrends of people everyday. Prove me wrong. Do you know how many people die a year from steroids? According to the CDC, 2. That could also be from anything injecting into a vain instead of a muscle, or a dirty needle. I'm not saying steroids are completly safe, no drug is but used safely they are perfectly safe. Difference between use and abuse. Yes EPO is different from steroids but many people throw them in that catagory.

I have a personal opinion on what Lance did or didn't do, and know an EPO rep with firsthand knowledge on the situation. I rather not say until they can prove it because it would be unethical of me to accuse him of something that they can't prove. If he can beat the system, good for him. Everyone else is.

I'm trying to rush this and without formatting and spelling or details, vikings are on and joe #ing webb is the starter.

Also, you can't take away what lance did for charity.
edit on 5-1-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

Wow I never heard of her until you posted it, I checked her story out and Wow he really is a (Insert naughty word here).

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"That's how he got his cancer" never thought of that, he got his cancer because of the drugs he was taking? maybe maybe not.

This also got my attention from the article.

Figures for the most recent financial accounts for Armstrong's foundation show it had an income of $43million in the year ending December 31, 2011, of which almost $16m were donations.
Of the $35m spent in the same period, only $4.9m was spent on grants and awards for cancer sufferers and organisations helping them.
So what happened to the rest?

edit on 5-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-1-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Bingo

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Another bit from the article..

'They've given barely nothing to cancer research, it's about cancer awareness. There are many wonderful foundations which give money to cancer research. Give your money to them, not to Livestrong.'

I agree.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Yup, I just finished it. Great article. Hiding behind the organization as do-gooder while doing bad things. By the sounds of it, he's quite the prick.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yeah, he didnt just deny her accusations or try to shut her up, he went to great lengths to destroy her!

As for the rest, I have no idea.

I think he has a great deal of knowledge and has lots to offer. I dont think he'll ever regain much respect, i dont think hes a respectable person (i could be wrong). Hopefully he comes clean writes a book and brings to the surface what works, what dont, how he did it...etc and uses the money to repay some of his debt to society.

edit on 5-1-2013 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Im not saying he isnt a scumbag. But in the end people werent donating to cancer because of his accomplishments. His premise was I beat cancer, so can you. We need more money for cancer research. It wasnt "donate to cancer because i was able to beat cancer due to my 7 tour de france titles."

I look at it as two different wavelengths. His doping ruined his credibility in athletics. How does that effect his raising money for cancer research? Hes had all his winnings taken away, all his titles and is banned for life. What more do you want to take from the guy? All the money he has raised for cancer research because hes a cancer patient who lied about doping in athletics?

If he took the money donated to his fund and USED it on the actual doping to help him, then his fundraising is soiled as well. But thats not the case so I look at both as separate things. No need to question my values and integrity because I can still find a reason not to hate a man I dont even know.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
do you know how much people care about this? Not very...

those bike riding flamers are so boring to watch its not even funny they should let them take drugs so maybe if they were all on some crazy drugs maybe someone would break a speed record or something interesting and I would actually waste the time to watch it..

WHO CARES! jesus there are so many more important things to worry about and spend money on in this world rather then worrying about some douche riding around in tight pants on a bike and whether or not he is on drugs...

oh yah so like out of all those poeple he is the only one on drugs im sure because no pro athletes use drugs... RIGHT....

Do you think he even cares he has more money then god now and probably never even rides a bike anymore because he is tired of his balls being sore after a long ride on a tiny seat and he just wipes his butt with $100 bills, does all the drugs he wants and frequents the local whore houses...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hey here's a secret... "cancer research" is a scam. Guess what's going to eliminate cancer? Eliminating exposure to carcinogens. So you can donate all you like to cancer charity to improve your public perception, but ultimately until we stop bathing in chemicals, eating chemicals instead of food, and intentionally adding chemicals to our drinking water we will never be free of cancer. The best we can hope for is a better way to deal with it than adding more chemicals to the mix or radiation, which obviously aren't good for a human body.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Many of the organization getting donations from tugging on hearts are just a very good living for those running it.

People love to fall for it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

those bike riding flamers are so boring to watch its not even funny they should let them take drugs so maybe if they were all on some crazy drugs maybe someone would break a speed record or something interesting and I would actually waste the time to watch it..

Can TV and movie celebrities be the riders. It could be the next reality show. I'll watch.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonl1983
Hey here's a secret... "cancer research" is a scam. Guess what's going to eliminate cancer? Eliminating exposure to carcinogens. So you can donate all you like to cancer charity to improve your public perception, but ultimately until we stop bathing in chemicals, eating chemicals instead of food, and intentionally adding chemicals to our drinking water we will never be free of cancer. The best we can hope for is a better way to deal with it than adding more chemicals to the mix or radiation, which obviously aren't good for a human body.

Easy to type out... But reality is much more interesting... Try telling this to my two family members who benefited from cancer research and are now in remission.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

But in the end people werent donating to cancer because of his accomplishments.

Why would you suggest otherwise? He's the 7 win Tour de France guy who had cancer and beat it and then started a charity. It has absolutely everything to do with his accomplishments. Would you ever have heard of him if he hadn't?

His doping ruined his credibility in athletics. How does that effect his raising money for cancer research?

First of all, insofar as what I've learned in this thread, Livestrong does not actually support cancer research. It supports awareness. So to further fact check, I found this:

As alluded to in the summary quoted above, Gifford does find, however, that LiveStrong doesn't provide funding for cancer research. He notes that the erroneous belief that LiveStrong does support research is perpetuated by Lance and others. He provides many examples to support his claim that "Armstrong and his supporters help perpetuate the notion that they are, in fact, helping battle cancer in the lab." While it once did provide some, limited, research funding, it has now evolved into what Giffords calls a "hip marketing agency"

A report made in 2006 after a financial investigation into the Livestrong organization.
Link

I've already read half of it and it doesn't look good.

(T)he foundation’s financial reports from 2009 and 2010 show that Livestrong’s resources pay for a very large amount of marketing and PR. During those years, the foundation raised $84 million and spent just over $60 million. (The rest went into a reserve of cash and assets that now tops $100 million.)

So from what I can see, he hasn't paid anything towards research.

What more do you want to take from the guy? All the money he has raised for cancer research because hes a cancer patient who lied about doping in athletics?

That's not what I'm saying at all.

If he took the money donated to his fund and USED it on the actual doping to help him, then his fundraising is soiled as well.

He very well may have just done that. There is an investigation and he may be risking jail.

No need to question my values and integrity because I can still find a reason not to hate a man I dont even know.

I never questioned your integrity or values. Just trying to put it into perspective. It's like saying the Hell's Angels aren't that bad because once a year they strap children's toys to their bikes.
If you're feeling charitable you can send money to the Toys for Tots foundation

Toys For Tots

Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
715 Broadway St., Ste. 300, MCA Annex
Quantico, VA 22134 (Map)
Phone: 703-640-9433
Fax: 703-640-0917

A.K.A Hell's Angels.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by jasonl1983

Easy to type out... But reality is much more interesting... Try telling this to my two family members who benefited from cancer research and are now in remission.

That doesn't mean that there isn't better methods.

I have family, My mother for one, That has cancer.

Running From the Cure: The Rick Simpson Story.

Check it out. And Apricot seeds, specifically vitamin B17

There is no money in a cure...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I don't get the 'big news'.. who cares... geez.. slow news day, eh?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
First, how did he cheat if he tested clean? He was the most tested athlete in the world, and EVERY athlete pushes as far as they can. 10 to 15 years later and still no positive samples....hmmm

This doesn't mean he didn't use anything that enhances just nothing that they tested for, so the mess up is on them not the riders. It is also suggested they would need to go 35 place to find someone who took nothing....

Let's take this one step more.... Let's erase every game in every sport that someone on the team used enhancements. Lets wipe the books clean for 40 or so years of sports....

Are we now at the point where we do a witch hunt like the McCarthy era where if you tell me 3 people who use enhancements I'll go easy on you? That is basically what we are talking about here....

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Bike riding is a pretty big thing here in europe, as specially here in belgium...
You should seen the crowds over here if there's a race... lots of spectaters and LOTS of beer

I'ts just the culture i guess...
I've watched the superbowl one time, man what a boring game
every single minute their on hold, they move a few yards, again on hold... just play will you !!!! dumbest game ever

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I thought drugs was a topic ATS didn't allow us to discuss?
Otherwise, what happened to the Bieber/Paparazzi death thread?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join