Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Lance Armstrong Doping Admission Could Be Coming Soon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Truthfully Id like him to just dissappear and everything he has learned about medicine and diet taken with him to the grave.... Im not interested at all how he got testicular cancer or how he beat it while pushing his body beyond the limits of what most people can comprehend. He should be reduced to a level between child rapest and Micheal Vick. I would also like all medical/cancer research too not be funded by my tax dollars.

Actually I hope he is able to perticipate in marathons and Ironman competitions. I think he has likely built a wealth of knowledge on nutrition, training and recovering from injuries and has lots to offer to the endurance athlete communities.

IMO the Government should not have the authority to say who can and can not participate in an event they do not host. As for athletes that fail drug test it should be left to the athletes and organizers weather or not they acknowledge the win/place.
edit on 5-1-2013 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vidpci
He rides a bicycle... seriously, who cares?

Overpaid useless garbage that contributes absolutely nothing to society.

Aside from the millions hes raised for cancer.. More than you or I have done.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Heh, guess he is worried that he's quickly becoming irrelevant. Reminds me of how Lindsay Lohan goes out and commits crimes just to get her face in the papers.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonl1983

Maybe he just wants to put it behind him and get back to doing what he loves to do?

Just for the record I know enough about him that I don't like him as a person. I have no respect for somone who could destroy somone else's character to protect their own lies. However, the steroid side of it is hypocritical and to be against them one has to be against all medical and supplemental treatments/remedys or your just a hypocrite.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

Get back to doing what, exactly? Blood doping and racing the Tour de France? The best thing he could do is fade into quiet obscurity.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonl1983

He has been an endurance athlete most of his life. Having done many century rides, marathons and triathlons myself, I know the allure. I have read that he intended on competing in Iron Man comps upon retirment from cycling. I could be wrong but most Tri's, even the small ones are governed by USAT and therfore he cant even perticipate in alot of small races.

I have never done any illegal steroids nor do I take supplements just for the record, IMO being competative on the world wide stage is not that important to me but I cant hate a guy for doing it. Fact is there is very little if any integrety at the elite level of all sports...theres just too much money involved.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The planet has bigger issues than some self-important athlete drugging himself, like nearly every other athlete does at this point.

I. Dont. Care.

-Ghoster
edit on 5-1-2013 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Originally posted by Vidpci
He rides a bicycle... seriously, who cares?

Overpaid useless garbage that contributes absolutely nothing to society.

Aside from the millions hes raised for cancer.. More than you or I have done.

Pfft. Big deal. Even the cancer charity he developed dropped him like a left testicle. The man is liar and a cheat. He sued anyone who challenged his official story and made millions. Now those companies are suing for their money back. He only managed to raise money for cancer because of his notoriety fooling everyone that he had won those races clean. He's a fraud and should be limited to riding only a tricycle.
edit on 5-1-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Who cares? Because of him, cancer research has more money to use. I could care less if hes a fraud or not. I do care that cancer has millions more because of him. All your callous jokes aside...

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

Does the word integrity mean anything to you?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Absolutely. I could care less about his bicycle rides. I do care about real things like cancer and the raising of money for cancer research. With your insensitivity showing from your left testicle joke, I'm going to guess you don't have anyone in your immediate family with cancer.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhereIsTheBatman

Originally posted by Quickfix
To the OP,

Well i think he should be recognized just for completing this insane feat...

As for the roids, well he should of thought that one out...

Still amazing if you ask me..

Of course. I'm not implying that it isn't the case. I'm just advocating that the media and the governments should stop stigmatizing athletes who take steroids or some other performance enhancing type of drug.

It's hypocritical, since all athletes, in any discipline at this level, do it. Some are just better at hiding it.
edit on 5-1-2013 by WhereIsTheBatman because: (no reason given)

This. Finally someone on this board I have met who has sense and a grip on the reality of sports.

People are so misinformed about steroid and growth hormone it is insane, they believe what they hear without doing their own homework and fear what they don't know. I know many insiders, authors, experts, and MANY users that use this "poison". Steroids are no more dangerous than any other drug if you use them safely.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Laxpla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

There is a strong potential that he caused his cancer from doping, Alberto Contador suffered a rare aneurysm congruent with EPO usage.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu

There is a strong potential that he caused his cancer from doping, Alberto Contador suffered a rare aneurysm congruent with EPO usage.

Well, you have no proof behind that. Just an assumption. And that still has absolutely no bearing on my point. The good he has done for cancer research.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
You have no proof he did not. Chris Carmichael had a lawsuit against him for the health damage to his athletes. The deaths prompted testing in the first place.

It is interesting how you pick sides BKNapple. Almost like you have an agenda.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Now I have an agenda because I praise the guy for helping the funding of cancer research? And I stated that a poster had no proof to make a claim that his doping caused cancer? And your comeback is 'well you have no proof it didnt''. Intelligent.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I guess your missing my point. People dying and getting cancer from PED's. It's a simple google search.

I'm sorry if I offended you.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo

Absolutely. I could care less about his bicycle rides. I do care about real things like cancer and the raising of money for cancer research. With your insensitivity showing from your left testicle joke, I'm going to guess you don't have anyone in your immediate family with cancer.

How do you derive insensitivity from my testicular joke aimed at Armstrong as being focused on an entire group? That's a strawman btw. With your logic, I could go rob banks all day and give the money to cancer research. Think they'll be happy? Or maybe con a few people from craigslist...or...See my point yet?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

The good he has done for cancer research.

You can't do good when you have blood on your hands. It's an oxymoron.
edit on 5-1-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I hate cheats in any aspect of life and he is a cheat, good for him for raising money for charity but he is still a cheat.
But it will not matter one bit when he admits it, he will make a ton more cash from the talk shows he will go on crying that he is so sorry.
I hope people start suing him for the prize money and ad money he got.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join