It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Yellowknife Bay" Curiosity Drill Area: I've found the "KNIFE"...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
"If you ask, 'What is the port of call you leave from to go on the great missions of geological mapping to the oldest rocks in North America?' — it's Yellowknife," Curiosity chief scientist John Grotzinger, of Caltech in Pasadena, told reporters Friday (Aug. 10).

So it makes perfectly good sense why the landing area was named "Yellowknife". This smaller part named "Yellowknife Bay" of Mars' Yellowknife was probably named "Yellowknife Bay" because if the way the topography suddenly drops off into something that looks bay-like.
Source of excerpt above

Good job and research! that explains a lot!

Originally posted by H1ght3chHippie
Could have also named it bay of piggy.
Anyone else notice the little piggy at the 4'o clock position of the yellow square ?

Yup
I also see the piggy in the pic too. good catch Hippie!

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I refuse to believe that you actually believe this. Either you need your eyes checked or you are seeing how far you can push things.

To claim that is a knife is embarrassing. I hope you don't wander around hitting your head on all the rocks you are obviously unable to see.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by wildespace
The site is named after Yellowknife Bay in Canada: en.wikipedia.org...
It has been named so quite a while ago, certainly before the rover reached it. I'll try to find the earliest mention.

P.S, it might be this, the article from Dec 11 2012: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 5-1-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

Thanks for this wildespace.

So NASA/JPL called "Yellowknife Bay" before the rover reached that area....

Hmmm....

Or Curiosity is the luckiest NASA Rover ever... or they were secretely already in that area...

Seriously?

I mean, super seriously?

Come on. It's a shadow, the area is named after a place in Canada. There is nothing even remotely suspicious about this picture or the area's name. This is why I can't take threads like this seriously. This is probably going to be the reason a picture with a real anomaly is going to be passed over. Because of the ridiculous every day claims like this shadow being a knife and the reason the area is named yellow knife bay .....

I hope someday we do find a high resolution picture of a true anomaly, and I hope that it isn't found by someone on ATS, cause it will disappear behind the wall of crazy.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Come on Arken your are really clutching at straws and the year has just started ( happy new year ) its a rock its obvious its a rock!

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by Arken

Can i ask why you think that is a knife? what reason would you think that?..

Hmmmm... wait...

Maybe because that thing is "someting like a knife" and it is right in the middle of an area called "Yellowknife"?

When was it given that name Arken
before or after you found the knife

top topics

<< 1   >>

join