It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Day Z Players? Zombie Survival Simulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I've bored myself of Planetside 2 and have gone back to fooling around on Day Z. For those who do not know what Day Z is;

DayZ is a 2012 multiplayer open world survival horror mod designed by Dean Hall for the 2009 tactical shooter video game ARMA 2 and its 2010 expansion pack, ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead. The mod places the player in the fictional post-Soviet state of Chernarus, where an unknown virus has turned the population into undead zombies. As a survivor with limited supplies, the player must scavenge the world for supplies such as food, water, weapons and medicine, while killing or avoiding both zombies and other players - in an effort to survive the zombie apocalypse.

DayZ has been widely praised in gaming media for its innovative design elements, with Kotaku and Eurogamer describing it as possibly the best zombie game ever made, and PC Gamer calling it was one of the most important things to happen to PC gaming in 2012 as well as one of the five scariest games of all time. The mod reached one million players in its first four months on 6 August 2012, with hundreds of thousands purchasing ARMA 2 just to play it.

The mod version of DayZ remains in continued development by its community. A standalone game version is currently in development by Dean Hall and ARMA 2 creators Bohemia Interactive.
Contents

en.wikipedia.org...

It's gritty. Death comes to us all. I just finished watching all episodes of the walking dead and have been on a zombie kick ever since. Day Z is great for holding me over until feb when new episodes come out. Just curious if any ATSers play.

dayzmod.com... official site
some sort of trailer someone made

some gameplay footage

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
dont buy it yet standalone is coming

it will be awesome

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Yeah I'm awaiting the standalone but I've had Arma II for some time and been fooling around on Day Z since october, do look forward to the standalone!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Been watchingn the videos to this, this has GREAT potential to be a good zombie RPG
I'm down with this

...AS LONG AS I'M NOT PLAYING WITH A BUNCH OF KIDS....

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
There was a Zombie map for Operation Flashpoint.

The very first one, made by Bohemia.

You basically spawned in a dark foggy area with only a handgun and civilian zombies kept coming at you from all sides.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've seen it but never purchased it yet. I've been thinking about it, if I do buy it I'll hit this thread up with info.

-SAP-

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
I've seen it but never purchased it yet. I've been thinking about it, if I do buy it I'll hit this thread up with info.

-SAP-

Try to catch one of the flash sales on steam you can get Arma II for fairly cheap.

store.steampowered.com... Right now it's 50% off 14.99 offer ends in 45 hours from me posting this.

IF you get it somewhere else make sure you get Arma II: Combined Operations

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I think you can get arma II online for free

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I just bought Arma II a couple of days ago for DayZ. Only played it a couple times now and found out you don't go in the city and make a lot of noise. lol

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
download it free here:

www.arma2.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
download it free here:

www.arma2.com...

not 100% sure that version would work with Day Z mod

Just checked it wont, it doesn't allow the use of mods amongst other things.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
DayZ is a grate game, the first of its kind, survival.
I dont really like zombie media but this was different.
Its not just about killing a bunch of zombies, its about survival.
You have to be vigilant and focused to survive.
Not only are you dealing with zombies but you run into other survivalist that want your shinny gear.
The Arma engine alone teaches you allot that can be used in real world applications.

Though I have to admit once you learn how to play it, it get boring. I understand that this version is just a model. But after you get your gear you really have no worries or OBJECTIVES. Only fun thing to do after you get all your gear and kill a bunch of zombies is to kill other players, witch in turn creates a bunch of frustration and guilt.
Grate concept though, I hope more games are made with the survivalist out look.

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komonazmuk

Originally posted by HomerinNC
download it free here:

www.arma2.com...

not 100% sure that version would work with Day Z mod

Just checked it wont, it doesn't allow the use of mods amongst other things.
edit on 7-1-2013 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

well darn i guess i gotta actually BUY it lol
do i gotta buy any DLC to run the mod?
edit on 1/8/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

No just Arma II: Combined Operations and then you are good to use the Day Z mod

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

yup, thats why i am waiting for the dayz standalone, its going to be a hit, i heared they are putting missions/quests in it

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pheniks

How many years away is it?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
well, come feb 1, I'll be buying this, anyone else have this yet?
lets buddy up and play!!

top topics

join