It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously Mods?!?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
Okay I need to justify my thread. Normally when I make one I check out the myats feature to check for responses when I checked my thread wasn't even there. Any reason why this wouldnt show?

This was my first rant ever so maybe I kind of went a little overboard without thoroughly investigating? My bad. LoL.

Still...my rant remains why threads are taken down without the option of the thread OP justifying why it should remain up.

Smh.

Was almost a complete apology...😒

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Man up and say sorry dude.

MODs....I'm sorry for a rant about my thread being taken down when it was in fact still in tact. Oh man, so embarrassing!
edit on 5-1-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: sentence structure

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

There we go I bet you feel better for saying it
well done and we are just ribbing you fella
we are all a bit stupid sometimes.
Once again well done for saying the decent thing.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
That's okay OP. Anyone who says they've never had a big slice of Humble Pie has a nose growing like Pinocchio.

(dishes up a fresh plate)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

So. You make a disparaging thread regarding the site.
You get slammed within 10 minutes.
Then you log off 20 minutes later, without even issuing an apology, or a 'my bad'?

Which adjective could be used to describe this? I can think of many.

Friend, my laptop died on me so after unsuccessfully starting it up I am now on my smartphone as last resort. I didn't intend on disappearing. I was making a second post when my computer died to complete my thoughts.

Maybe my laptop was killed by a third party? Hahah, oh man. What a night.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
That's okay OP. Anyone who says they've never had a big slice of Humble Pie has a nose growing like Pinocchio.

Sweet...you brought dessert...I just finished baking a nice crow casserole. Everyone dig in...we've all been where the OP is, at some point in our lives. Who brought the wine....

Des

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Sweet...you brought dessert...I just finished baking a nice crow casserole. Everyone dig in...we've all been where the OP is, at some point in our lives. Who brought the wine....

Des

I am feelig the need for some comfort food right about 5 mins ago. I have already started the wine drinking and I have a few cases to share in my sympathy. Let's dig in and celebrate this complete misunderstanding

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I figure considering what this thread is about, this is a pertinent place to ask this and the OP may benefit from it as well.

Is there a way to tell why a thread that you started was removed?

I'm asking for future reference for myself and the benefit of others, I don't think I've had a thread of my own removed but haven't created many.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Were you told in a PM the reason why it was taken down?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup

Were you told in a PM the reason why it was taken down?

No I did not receive a message. I think that a PM would be given out to the OP for the reason it was taken down.

My question on a further note is why not give the chance to the OP to justify keeping their thread in existence before being taken down.

Note to Heff....thank you for helping me see the light. You rock.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaX

If they don't send you a PM? Well, I'm nothing special to say I haven't had a few of mine zapped like everyone else. Use the 'Complaint' form under Tools to drop a friendly note asking why. One thing I've learned while here is that mods don't work independently and everything is apparently discussed by multiple staff before a serious action is taken (unless something is just black letter T&C..then it pops off in seconds, as we've all seen). The Complaint form...as I also understand this...drops the note into some general forum back where Staff lives for whoever is working to pick up and I've always had an answer to my questions in as much detail as I asked for.

I thought they were wrong too, until having the actions explained. I couldn't find fault in any it's been done to after hearing why.

edit on 5-1-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

But even if there is a complaint form you could fill out, that should be done before your thread is zapped. I think that is the question we are asking here if I understand correctly.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
When a thread is moved you ALWAYS get a response as to why. As the basis for this thread has been asked and answered there really is no further point.

Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join