It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help with Freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Hi ATS

I am hoping for some guidance from some of the local masons on this site

I have been interested in freemasonry for some time now and I have considered also joining for a long time.

So if any masons on this site can U2U me with info and help on joining the "fraternity" that would be great... actually any help would be great and much apprieciated.

I apologize for this being such a p*ss poor thread but that is all I have to offer ATM... I'll leave you with this

The Oldest Masonic Lodge

Sunderland is my local city; of which I am proud of
But anyways any help that can be offered I'll be happy to recieve

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
why you dont just join and find out info and tell us?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

If I did join I cannot tell you nothing that is considered "said in confidence"

A mans word is all he is worth... except the flesh and bone ofcourse

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Hello Ray,

I've got a old friend that is a Freemason, I regularly attend there ceremonies quite often and i can only give you this piece of advice... Research & Learn the history of it & you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Good Luck.
edit on 5-1-2013 by JonPrice because: Missed a word out

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
well that is the same reason we cant give you info on it.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by JonPrice

As a lover of history I can tell you this is what I am doing, thanks for the advice

Where I live is literally filled with masonic buildings of the past and I love exploring the history of them
edit on 5-1-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Go to the nearest lodge and ask the first mason you see if you can talk to him. If you like the lodge and feel comfortable, ask for a petition. You will have to ask, they will not offer it to you. The rest will happen on it's own.
edit on 5-1-2013 by network dude because: augustusmasonicus has no idea how good sweet tea really is.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Go to the lodges, ask if they have any gentleman and ladies to dine, attend a few and find a lodge who's members you click with.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, find out how many members, average age etc. that way you'll find a lodge which suits you best, after that petition and sit back and enjoy.

I've only been in the fraternity 18 months but my enjoyment of it just gets better each month, just recently was raised to MM and am looking forward to joining RA next October/November.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

Its actually simple. The way I did it was to simply look up the phone number to our local Masonic Temple and I called them, told them I was interested. I drove to the building and was given a tour, asked some questions, and I filled out a petition to join.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by 32Freemason
reply to post by RAY1990

Its actually simple. The way I did it was to simply look up the phone number to our local Masonic Temple and I called them, told them I was interested. I drove to the building and was given a tour, asked some questions, and I filled out a petition to join.

Really bad-ass secret society, eh?

Good luck and hope everything chugs along for you

Fitz

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I petitioned ot join some time ago and recieved a response today. I will become an Entered Apprentice at the end of the month. Should be an interesting journey.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by borracho

Good Luck. Remember, be sure to have clean socks and underwear.
No, really.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

No, really.

HAHAHA! Yes! I went through this with a brother who didn't wear underwear.

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I agree, clean socks and underwear and some lube.....

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fitzgibbon

Originally posted by 32Freemason
reply to post by RAY1990

Really bad-ass secret society, eh?

Good luck and hope everything chugs along for you

Fitz

Something needs to be done with those White Pages , posting the phone numbers and addresses to our super duper secret meeting places ! How are we to run all the banks , brainwash the masses and rule the world if anyone and everyone knows all about our secret hideouts , can stand outside and watch us enter and leave the building in plain view !?

*sarcasm off* . OP , good luck in your search and I hope it works out for you . There are three great events that will stand out in my memories for life , the day I married my wonderful wife , the day I was given my Eagle , Globe and Anchor at Parris Island and the day I was Raised to the Sublime degree of a Master Mason ,

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Just go to any local lodge and request an application form. It's as simple as that. Of course if you know someone in it, then that's a much easier way.

Keep a few things in mind :
- it's quite costly - charity donations, functions, dinners, dues, etc.
- you can go as far as you want, or as little as you want
- there's a huge amount of focus on charity
- depending on your aspirations, there's a lot of memorisation

Having said all that, some of the best people I know are my masonic brethren and we always have a good laugh.

Be aware there is NONE of the "i scratch your back, you scratch mine" sort of thing. It's completely against the ideals of freemasonry, so don't expect to get off of speeding tickets or a free "get out of jail card". Unlike the silly Hollywood film portrayals, or what some of the retarded nutjobs on here may harp on about, it's not a secret society, it's not about bloodlines, it's not about ruling the world and there's no such thing as the Illuminaughty.

It's about charity and trying to make good men better through allegory, ritual and story.

edit on 12-1-2013 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by optidonn

Originally posted by network dude

No, really.

HAHAHA! Yes! I went through this with a brother who didn't wear underwear.

Seconded. The bottoms hit the floor for me on my Initiation when I sucked my gut in a bit. I laughed; the officer who was leading me around was beat-red for the rest of the evening. If I'd been going commando, I think he might've had a massive coronary.

Fitz

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Oh, keep a penny on you as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 32Freemason

What's the peeny for?

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
reply to post by 32Freemason

What's the peeny for?
You will want to keep it under your tongue during initiation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join