It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

airline duct tapes man to seat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
this is kind of funny

Icelandair duct tapes and zip ties man to his seat after a struggle

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 5-1-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Duct Tales:

I've woken up to some strange/uncomfortable/bizarre circumstances after a night of liquor.

Never been taped to a plane though
edit on 5-1-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Duck Tails...that should fix him...tar and feather..... Ha Harrrr, He'll never fly south for the winter with us again.....

Perhaps they Duct TAPED him in his seat... Yes that might work.......

And told him tales all the way until they landed.......

boopy dooop......I see you changed the spelling correctly...........I thought we were going to have some fun with this....Oh well it is 2013 after all, where every Friday is...Friday the 13.
edit on 5-1-2013 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I saw that on the news earlier....couldn't help but laugh!

List of supplies:

1) Duct tape.....CHECK
2)Cable ties.....CHECK
3)Unruly passenger.......DOUBLE CHECK

Okay, we're good to go......

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

There isn't enough personnel on a plane to hold me down and tape me to a seat unless there is an air marshal with a gun or taser..

they would definitely have to arrest me at the landing

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Im sure he was arrested lol... But if you are running around screaming were gonna crash im gonna try my best to restrain you

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by mwood

Im sure he was arrested lol... But if you are running around screaming were gonna crash im gonna try my best to resrain you

We both will.....MMA style!!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This is how they should have dealt with him

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Are handcuffs too expensive to stick a couple pair in a galley cabinet or something? I've always wondered in these stories why they can't afford a couple pair. They can spend what they insisted were small fortunes per plane to make a cockpit door as close to impenetrable as it can be and still have function ....but $20 to effectively put a nut case on ice is probably deemed a frivolous expense.

I have no argument by the story that the guy needed his sticky time-out there and some quality time with law enforcement as well as what sounds like a 12-Step program when he gets out of jail. I wonder tho....if the plane had any serious problems short of outright crashing ...you know, survivable but very realistic to be injured ... how would that pic have played in court for the civil suit?

I'm thinking planes would be much better if they could give those special passengers a special set of bracelets locked behind them. It's hard to see, but it doesn't look like a seat belt was part of his treatment ..and I don't blame them. He doesn't look THAT well restrained for getting close. I've heard of very few who will break a good set of the real thing tho. Talk about the unfriendly skies!

link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Too Funny!

link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

Made my day!

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

How about a Panic Room for Passengers?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hmmm... Well, that brings an idea to mind. It worked in Escape From New York and I saw it in Air Force One. (grin)

One man's escape pod could be a whole plane's general amusement for a problem. ....and who said it had to be a non-stop flight for everyone?

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077

lol.. Now im gonna have to go rent that movie

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I remember the movie airplane and airplane 2 when I was a kid, I must have watched the both at least 100 times, not exaggerating,lol

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Are handcuffs too expensive to stick a couple pair in a galley cabinet or something?

Yes, andt too heavy as well as they are made of steel.
My airline use plastic strips.
They are cheap, lightweight and one could cuff up a lot of people with just one pack of strips.
Sometimes necessary flying around with drunk football supporters in the back.

And fore those who womder, if the situation gets bad enaugh we land asap and let the local police (wherever that might be) take care of the problem.

posted on Jan, 5 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
reply to post by goou111

There isn't enough personnel on a plane to hold me down and tape me to a seat unless there is an air marshal with a gun or taser..

they would definitely have to arrest me at the landing

Pretty sure the other passengers did this.

And no, you cannot fight off 20+ passengers

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Somebody mentioned handcuffs. But even some police departments are now using heavy duty zip ties instead. There is no way to pick them and they have to be cut off when the prisoner is released. As to the use of duct tape, if the passenger was out of control it might have been necessary to use the duct tape to fully restrain him for his own good.

top topics

join